• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm completely okay with ammo being scarce.

One of my favorite feeling in military shooters is when I run out of ammo with my primary then get involved in a firefight with someone else, picking up whatever's around and finishing them up with whatever was left in the clip.

Although if I'm in a scrubby match where everyone else is using ARs I might be a little upset, haha.

Resupply/Dexterity, I see no reason to select anything else. The shielding perk actually just makes it recharge faster once the recharge hits, right? If it actually made you enter the recharge state faster, it would be worth it, but being able to pick up nades off bodies is just something I can't see living without. The only problem I can think of is that if someone dies, didn't have that perk, and actually doesn't drop any nades, lol. Seems like someone was mentioning in their impressions that ammo was scarce because of all the different rifles people could choose from...gonna be interesting.

Honestly I think mobility will be more useful than it sounds. Mobility + dexterity is probably what I'll start with; I always tend towards agility related perks. Oh, and thrusters as my aa.

Ramirez

Nah no way. There are definitely more valid ones than those 2.

I think you could find more useful ones than less useful ones. And I think this will all change with gametype and map.

If these people you're fighting against only have 2 and waste their grenades quickly, where are you going to get your grenades from? Not from their dead body, they won't have any. There's a reliable ordnance for grenades on every map. Same place, same time.

What could possibly be more valid than Dexterity? You get into a fight with someone who doesn't have it, and both of you have to reload, you're going to win every single time, nothing gives that type of advantage. Dex will lead to many more multikills as well, I've missed out on so many multikills over the years due to havin' to reload, and by the time I'm done, they're gone, heh.

I already said Resupply could not be that great if the other people aren't using it as well, but the only 2 I see being better are Firepower & Shielding. I guess AA would be good if you're going to be spamming PV. I don't feel like Firepower is necessary because the pistols actually look like decent backup weapons, but I wish stuff like the AR/Storm Rifle could be used in that 2nd slot without FP, they actually look like they're not complete garbage this time around, but they're still not going to be good enough to be primary weapons...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm completely okay with ammo being scarce.

One of my favorite feeling in military shooters is when I run out of ammo with my primary then get involved in a firefight with someone else, picking up whatever's around and finishing them up with whatever was left in the clip.

Although if I'm in a scrubby match where everyone else is using ARs I might be a little upset, haha.
YEAH! Totally. Scrounging for ammo and using guns I wouldn't normally use is something I really love about Halo campaigns, too. Especially CE on Legendary. I'd be 100% okay with that being brought over to multiplayer... And if people are using ARs, you can at least hope they're also using the magnum, hah.

Bulletin tonight?
bs angel tweeted about it being in progress earlier, so I imagine so.

What could possibly be more valid than Dexterity? You get into a fight with someone who doesn't have it, and both of you have to reload, you're going to win every single time, nothing gives that type of advantage. Dex will lead to many more multikills as well, I've missed out on so many multikills over the years due to havin' to reload, and by the time I'm done, they're gone, heh.

I already said Resupply could not be that great if the other people aren't using it as well, but the only 2 I see being better are Firepower & Shielding. I guess AA would be good if you're going to be spamming PV. I don't feel like Firepower is necessary because the pistols actually look like decent backup weapons, but I wish stuff like the AR/Storm Rifle could be used in that 2nd slot without FP, they actually look like they're not complete garbage this time around, but they're still not going to be good enough to be primary weapons...
It depends on the situation and map. How does Dexterity help you on a big team battle map? Stability is a much better tactical package in that case.

How your loadout will be depends on the gametype, the map and your preferred starter weapon or at least it is the impression I got. What will your position be in the CTF game? Are you going to go for the flag? Or will you defend the carrier and eliminate the opposite team? Why should I use Dexterity if I use the DMR the most in times of in zoom? etc. etc.

Ramirez

It depends on the situation and map. How does Dexterity help you on a big team battle map? Stability is a much better tactical package in that case.

How your loadout will be depends on the gametype, the map and your preferred starter weapon or at least it is the impression I got. What will your position be in the CTF game? Are you going to go for the flag? Or will you defend the carrier and eliminate the opposite team? Why should I use Dexterity if I use the DMR the most in times of in zoom? etc. etc.

The quicker you can reload, the quicker you can clean up people with your DMR.

Most of these things seem situational, but Dexterity sticks out to me as something that will benefit you probably the entire match. *shrug*

On the subject of Railgun gametypes: Let's do binary rifle only with 500% damage bonus and no shields. The rate of fire should be similar to a Q3A railgun, right? That paired with some man cannons and upped movement speed should mean some pretty Q3A-like instagib gameplay.

Ken

500 MSP for 5 additional loadouts. One setup for every map and gametype!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is it confirmed that the extra ammo specialization gives you more ammo with power weapons? I heard that a while ago, but I don't know if it's true.

blamite

I just noticed the in-game description of Ragnarok:

"Now integrated into the War Games simulation, this curiously hidden gorge was once the site of a Spartan deployment."

Curious Gorge lives!

On the subject of Railgun gametypes: Let's do binary rifle only with 500% damage bonus and no shields. The rate of fire should be similar to a Q3A railgun, right? That paired with some man cannons and upped movement speed should mean some pretty Q3A-like instagib gameplay.

That'd be fun actually!

I just noticed the in-game description of Ragnarok:

"Now integrated into the War Games simulation, this curiously hidden gorge was once the site of a Spartan deployment."

Curious Gorge lives!
books-curious-george_300.jpg

Curious George is the man!

Could it involve the trailer that will be released tonight or tomorrow?

Funny thing is I think some of the issues Waypoint have with load times is when they upload large video files to the server(s). Often windows servers come to a crawl in terms of serving web pages due to large file uploads.

It certainly seems like uncanny timing once again for a bulletin and Waypoint slowing down. So my answer is I think we are getting another video with this bulletin.

How would this be radically different from normal gameplay? Binary Rifle is already one hit kill no matter where it hits. Damage bonus and lack of shields would make no difference.

The quicker you can reload, the quicker you can clean up people with your DMR.

Most of these things seem situational, but Dexterity sticks out to me as something that will benefit you probably the entire match. *shrug*
I think if you are always in front of the action, Dexterity is the superior SupportPackage but why the hell do I need faster reload if I stay back and shoot guys from a far? Stability sounds like a much better decision in this case. Especially in combination with a Sniper or Beam Rifle.

Homeboyd

From our friend Alzarahn at Blueprint:
SilverOrange on XF says that Trait Zones can be assigned Team values. This probably means that the Trait Zones can be made to apply to a single team... You could conceivably make asymmetrical gameplay options for any gametype.

Anyone know if it's true?

why the hell do I need faster reload if I stay back and shoot guys from a far? Stability sounds like a much better decision in this case.

It's more for multiple enemy battles, I often find I'm reloading my DMR (Reach) or BR (Halo 3) from one/two engagements then I'm dying against the next enemy.

Seems this package will allow an edge to fighting multiple enemies, especially in mid range combat.

I'll take one. Anything is better than Reach :p

Thanks btw

planetside 2 is a strange animal; a lot of freedom given to the player. When you don't know what to do at the beginning, you're like "wtf", but when you learn the ins and outs of team work, the battles get amazingly huge and intense. Imagine battlefield on crack with a dash of halo and a sprinkle of mmo.

I think shielding and dexterity are the way I am going to go. However the explosive one for grenades does seem like a lot of fun and I do love my grenades.

Not to mention just watch clips of people reloading the Sniper/Rocket with/without Dexterity.. Seeing those reloads really put things into perspective for me :]

With faster weapon swapping, I'm having memories of how fast you can switch from your SMG or whatever to your sword for a quick kill in Halo 2. Plus thruster to close the difference.

Oh yes, the trollin will be amazing

Karl2177

See how easy it is to guide a discussion? Gaf!

Anywho, I've decided to start using my avatar as a place where I show what music I'm currently hooked on. Last week was Muse's 2nd Law and this week is Beach Boys Surf's Up album.

Hopefully I'll get to share some of my sweet music taste with folks that are interested.

Or you could just pimp your Spotify like Sai kun and I do.

If you have Spotify, you should definitely check it out. Maybe even subscribe if you like what you hear. ;)
http://open.spotify.com/user/karl2177/playlist/7a1jexHxMdtxI0Wd2U4iS1

Should I pick up Metro for 800pts, or wait for an XBLA sale? I would much rather have a game like Alan Wake...or even Sonic 4 episode 2.. I just own so many shooters and would like to switch it up a bit.

MrBig

planetside 2 is a strange animal; a lot of freedom given to the player. When you don't know what to do at the beginning, you're like "wtf", but when you learn the ins and outs of team work, the battles get amazingly huge and intense. Imagine battlefield on crack with a dash of halo and a sprinkle of mmo.

Yeah. You guys will love it, if you have a PC capable of running it well.

NEVER PLAY BY YOURSELF, though. That is a sure way to make you absolutely frustrated with it.

Thought it would be fun to hear about the biggest dick moves you've had pulled on you in Halo. Just while we wait for the bulletin to drop.

I was the victim on Headlong 1 flag where a guy on my team got the beam rifle and then betrayed me for the sniper rifle just so he could have both snipers.

Needless to say he wasn't that impressive with it and once the ammo was used up he quit out. Massive dick moves.

feel

Planetside 2 Beta codes, I have 3 extra ones, whos interested?
Me pleas-
I'll take one. Anything is better than Reach :p

Thanks btw

I'll have one.

This guy.
FUCK

edit-

Thought it would be fun to hear about the biggest dick moves you've had pulled on you in Halo. Just while we wait for the bulletin to drop.

I was the victim on Headlong 1 flag where a guy on my team got the beam rifle and then betrayed me for the sniper rifle just so he could have both snipers.

Needless to say he wasn't that impressive with it and once the ammo was used up he quit out. Massive dick moves.
Two teammates on Narrows booted me from a game by rubbing against me and then running towards an edge and jumping off the map so it gave me betrayals. That really pissed me off as it happened, mostly because I realized halfway through what they were trying to do and I had no idea how to stop them from doing it (other than running away from them which only worked for a while until I got distracted). I bet Fyrewulf would've known what to do in this situation to avoid it registering as a betrayal.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member

Playing BTB w/ some Arena kids... was on an Invincible, intentional snipe headshot betrayal.

Top Bottom