• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

Where was this confirmed?

Major Nelson's post only specifically mentioned WP8, and I don't believe there has ever been any mention of support for WP7 specifically since Smartglass was announced. I suppose it's not impossible, but if it's happening it's certainly been kept super quiet.

Major Nelson's post only specifically mentioned WP8, and I don't believe there has ever been any mention of support for WP7 specifically since Smartglass was announced. I suppose it's not impossible, but if it's happening it's certainly been kept super quiet.

SmartGlass is supported on WP7.5

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/apps/smartglass/install-on-windows-phone

App requirements

To install the SmartGlass app on your Windows phone, you need:

A Windows phone with Windows Phone 7.5 software or later
An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
An Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 game or app that contains SmartGlass content

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Last question, when was smartglass coming out?

*edit* For android.

Enfinit

Lots o' questions.

All of your questions, while it'd be nice to have them answered, don't need to be answered before launch. There's some aspects of the game that can go unanswered, not to mention (like someone said earlier) all of your questions will be answered on November 6th. There's no reason for 343i to blow their load two weeks before launch just to get a couple fans to simmer down.

I suppose it'd be nice to "plan ahead", but why would it matter? If you knew these questions, you'd still have to go in yourself, get aquatinted with the interface, and learn it on your own - the only good answering these questions is solidifying that they exist, for example certain Forge options.

About your "incentive" to play Reach, you shouldn't need an "incentive" to play a video game. It's just a video game, which is meant to be fun and entertaining. Video games are a medium of entertainment, you should play it because you want to. You read books because you want to. You watch TV and movies because you want to; there's no "incentive" to engage those entertainment mediums other than pleasure and enjoyment. The same can be applied to video games. While a visual/numerical ranking system would be nice, the majority of Halo players could care less. Just as long as they're getting quality matches and having fun, that's all that matters.

Also, you mentioned that you've stayed off Reach for over a week. Might the fact that you're an Inheritor have anything to do with Reach not having an "incentive" to you? I've taken you've beaten the campaign, reached max rank in matchmaking, and 100% all achievements, thus what is there to be an "incentive" to play?

I'd garner to say that if you 100% all achievements in Halo 3, beat the campaign on Legendary, and reached max rank (level 50/5-star General), there'd also be no "incentive" to play - because you've dominated every aspect of the game. The only reason to play Halo 3 would be because you enjoy playing it. Thus, you don't play Reach not because there's no "incentive", it's because there's a lack of enjoyment.

But when it comes down to it, it's just a video game. Play if want, don't play if you don't. Simple as that.

-best post I've read of yours-

That's more of a compliment than an insult <3 - Nicely worded man.

This still freaks me out haha.

image.php

feel

Page 13 of a new OT already damn, did something worthwhile happen in the last 20 pages or so?

That thread title is so awesome.

edit- looked at that unboxing of the LE, shittier extra fiction swag than I expected, it's literally pamphlets (I thought people were joking about that) but the white/blue steelcase is so so so hot and easily worth the extra $15 for me.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yo! Apparently you can use the same Doritos 2XP code twice. So don't feel bad about stealing codes from the back of bags, the person who buys it will be able to use it twice.

Two people steal code = legitimate customer cannot

Seriously... No need to promote this shit

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I too loved ODST's atmosphere. I'd say it was probably one of the more immersive and tense campaigns in the series for sure. Im super excited to see what 343 does with H4's story. Hoping for some big time memorable moments for sure.

It's equal with the flood introduction in Halo:CE for me.

On another note, what the fuck is with the gibberish in the ODST trailer? Never understood it :(

I think it's Hungarian (probably hilariously wrong there). Intended to show the UNSC as a global force.
Jup, it's Hungarian.
I think it works well against the America Global Superpower Fuck Yeah trope that is so prevalent in SciFi. As for everyone in-game speaking english: translation software magic.

Am I the only one disappointed by the LE unboxing? The normal edition has such a badass cover and the LE seems disappointingly bland beside it.
Plus, the booklets look ridiculously cheap compared to the Gears of War or Halo Reach ones.
Not sure if I should switch my preorder.

GhaleonEB

Jup, it's Hungarian.
I think it works well against the America Global Superpower Fuck Yeah trope that is so prevalent in SciFi. As for everyone in-game speaking english: translation software magic.

Am I the only one disappointed by the LE unboxing? The normal edition has such a badass cover and the LE seems disappointingly bland beside it.
Plus, the booklets look ridiculously cheap compared to the Gears of War or Halo Reach ones.
Not sure if I should switch my preorder.

Yeah I like how the Hungarian plays out in the ad. As someone who doesn't understand it, it causes me to focus on the other elements of the piece. What's happening in each scene is clear enough.

I'm also disappointed in the physical content in the LE. There's a clear shift toward digital content with these things. If it didn't come with a steelbook I would have passed, but that's like my kryptonite.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Not even The Ark Scarab battle?

It felt pretty small to me, honestly.

Massive area, Two easy to take out scarabs (even on legendary)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED THAT LEVEL AND I LOVED THAT ENCOUNTER! But I'd honestly say there were portions of tsavo highway that felt 'bigger' to me in terms of enemy to landscape ratio.

This trailer hyped me up so much. I thought there were actually going to be large-scale battles in the game, but I was pretty disappointed that nothing even came close. :(

Still, this trailer is awesome, and remains to be my favorite.

Trailer was pure magic.

I remember being tremendously disappointed in Halo 3 because A) there wasn't a remotely similar scene (what's up with that? why feature this scene so heavily and then it's not even canon??) and B) there was no scene that featured battles that were of similar scope.

In Halo 5, I want my 200+ combatants! No excuses on the Nextbox!
I realize that bigger isn't always better, but one or two battles on huge, open battlefields (such as the scarab fights, but even bigger and with more combatants) would be a tremendous addition to the franchise.

malfcn

Barrrrlowwwwww

Well, after watching the kotaku Halo 4 LE unboxing (LTTP) video I can rest easy knowing the right choice was made. They even showed the "secret" letter..

Yah, it is pretty laughable. Just a ton of digital stuff.
Even the map packs are iffy to me now. Considering how DLC has been handled in the past.
The beauty of the standard is you can decide if you want the DLC after it has been proven to be valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom