• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

idk, I always felt like it would not interest anyone but halo fans.
Also, I don't think deliver hope translated well into the smaller TV spot, I felt like the ending of the extended cut had, by far, the most impact on me.

I'm a Halo fan and even I didn't like it.

Revival.

Halo track of forever.
Better than Heretic Hero?
qYFWK.jpg

At first I was like, "Holy shit this is depressing." Then I realized that polling stations don't open at midnight.

At least, I hope that's the reason it's leading.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
He's not that bad. I subbed him back when CEA was released. It's not like it's his job to upload the videos, he's just casually doing it if I'm not mistaken.

I'm just poking fun, especially after that intro going to speak of how he's a professional reviewer. ;)

Seriously, he has the job everyone would want to have. Now that I'm doing research into what it takes to get something like that position, I'm kicking myself in the butt for not focusing more on English.

Hell, I'm already doing reviews for a silly little facebook page, couple of friends started it up to review movies and it's expanded into pretty much anything dealing with pop culture. Funny enough, they hit me up for the gaming side of life.

Maybe I can use that as my first step into this career path...

Karl2177

At first I was like, "Holy shit this is depressing." Then I realized that polling stations don't open at midnight.

At least, I hope that's the reason it's leading.

Mine would have been Halo 4, even if the polls were open at midnight. In fact I don't plan on going to the polls at all on November 6th.

Sanjuro

idk, I always felt like it would not interest anyone but halo fans.
Also, I don't think deliver hope translated well into the smaller TV spot, I felt like the ending of the extended cut had, by far, the most impact on me.

Actually, it's the exact opposite. That was the only trailer I've ever heard casual fans mention. The majority of the Halo adverts really don't reach outside the demographic.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
What will befall your copy of Halo Reach come November 6th?

Are you just going to put it on the end of the shelf to collect dust, still play it(lol) or something a little more creative.

Omni

I hate only having 15gb a downloads a month :'(

So many cools things cannot be done.

I know that feel, bro.

I'm with Bigpond and I only get 15GB because it's wireless. I found out though, that once I use my 15GB of bandwidth, I've got about 12 hours to download as much as I want... So I usually wait until the end of the month before going crazy.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I know that feel, bro.

I'm with Bigpond and I only get 15GB because it's wireless. I found out though, that once I use my 15GB of bandwidth, I've got about 12 hours to download as much as I want... So I usually wait until the end of the month before going crazy.

Bigpond 3G 15gb Liberty?

Same plan.

Sort of speeds you get?
2252192765.png

What I get when the weather is good.
2259134702.png

When the weather sucks lol.

Is that 12hours when you initially get capped? I usually lose speed instantly.

I do get full speed 2-3 hours before the reset though for free DLs.

That's awful, I'd blow through that so quick.

I do :(

Avoiding as much youtube and gaming as possible so I can watch FUD without waiting 3 hours for it to load lol.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What will befall your copy of Halo Reach come November 6th?

Are you just going to put it on the end of the shelf to collect dust, still play it(lol) or something a little more creative.

It will probably continue to collect dust as it has for a year now.

Omni

Bigpond 3G 15gb Liberty?

Same plan.

Sort of speeds you get?
2252192765.png

What I get when the weather is good.

Is that 12hours when you initially get capped? I usually lose speed instantly.

I do get full speed 2-3 hours before the reset though for free DLs.
Yeap! I've got the 4G modem - though 4G isn't available in my area yet, so it's usually on 3G.

2259326963.png

That's what I got right now. It's much better of a night time though... Not really sure why. Upload is usually about the same as yours (3-4Mb/s)

As for the capped thingy, it takes about 8-12 hours to update on the Bigpond website so if you time it well you can get at least 8 hours of un-metered downloads at full speed once you use your 15gb allowance (Last month I had two weeks of uncapped downloads... still not sure why, but I took the opportunity to download as much as I could... haha)

zap

I thought Aus had data caps as large as 1TB nowadays. Can you not get normal DSL?

I'm in NZ and getting 100gb atm.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Since no one on Halo 4 has seemed to spot it, it seems like it is just a Waypoint feature but it could still be pretty cool.
I'd be okay with that, potentially.

Couldn't in-game groups be patched in? Or "turned on" on launch day? I know nothing about this stuff, and have no idea how feasible it might would be.

I do :(

Avoiding as much youtube and gaming as possible so I can watch FUD without waiting 3 hours for it to load lol.

Windows 8 keeps an estimated data for a network for the last 60 days...I've used an estimated 91GB of data in the last 60 days, about 45 a month. Three times your limit not counting Xbox streaming (which is often), phone connect to wifi when I'm home, and whatever data my two roommates consume.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Yeap! I've got the 4G modem - though 4G isn't available in my area yet, so it's usually on 3G.

2259326963.png

That's what I got right now. It's much better of a night time though... Not really sure why. Upload is usually about the same as yours (3-4Mb/s)

As for the capped thingy, it takes about 8-12 hours to update on the Bigpond website so if you time it well you can get at least 8 hours of un-metered downloads at full speed (Last month I had two weeks of uncapped downloads... still not sure why, but I took the opportunity to download as much as I could... haha)

User numbers really affect wireless. I'm only meant to get 1mbps DL in my area but since it's the middle of no where and I'm one of, if not the only one using it, I get a crap load more speed.

Also, get a yagi 21dBi. Makes quality significantly better.

wwm0nkey

I'd be okay with that, potentially.

Couldn't in-game groups be patched in? Or "turned on" on launch day? I know nothing about this stuff, and have no idea how feasible it might would be.

I guess they could add functionality later in, or hell maybe Groups was scrapped or someone in marketing is a complete idiot and though joining games with friends in a lobby was a new feature to market.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I guess they could add functionality later in, or hell maybe Groups was scrapped or someone in marketing is a complete idiot and though joining games with friends in a lobby was a new feature to market.
I'm not getting my hopes up too much at this point, but I'd be bummed if the idea didn't come to fruition.

External Memory

Neo Member
Very glad I stuck with the standard edition. The steel book looks awesome, but the rest of it looks super lame. Should have been $79.

It's a special edition that also comes with access to the three future map pack DLC, and not a $6 off discount bundle for the game and a map pass that's $25 separately.

But maybe I misunderstood, do you mean the map pass as bundled with LE should cost $19 or less, for 3 future map packs that normally run $10 each?

Or that the LE content – the packet/handbook, poster, slipcase, steelcase, exclusive avatar items/in-game items, still exclusive access to 6 types of specialization 24 days early) shown in the unboxing are actually worth $19 to you?

If it's the latter, then LE should be worth $5 more than it is, by that pricing.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
It's a special edition that also comes with access to the three future map pack DLC, and not a $6 off discount bundle for the game and a map pass that's $25 separately.

But maybe I misunderstood, do you mean the map pass as bundled with LE should cost $19 or less, for 3 future map packs that normally run $10 each?

Or that the LE content – the packet/handbook, poster, slipcase, steelcase, exclusive avatar items/in-game items, still exclusive access to 6 types of specialization 24 days early) shown in the unboxing are actually worth $19 to you?

If it's the latter, then LE should be worth $5 more than it is, by that pricing.

I can understand the American pricing sort of, maybe $90 but the Aus pricing is insane.

Standard is $88 while LE is $128 while the exchange rate is $100Aus to $99.03US. Where's that extra 30 dollars coming from? :| And it's not shipping because we have to pay the same for digital versions.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Correct, RT is the place to go.

werwequvt.gif

BTW, to those of HaloGAF on Windows 8, you can now stream the Halo 4 OST on Xbox Music.

Thank you for this post. It prompted me to update the Xbox Music app and suddenly all of the music I associated with my Zune account through the years is there. I am talking about songs I didn't even purchase through Zune, but since they have the rights to the music and somehow still remember I owned them at some point, it's all there now. I am talking about 178 albums, in "My Music". FFUUUU Xbox Music is a marvel. Also, the copy of the Halo 4 OST is the digital deluxe edition. DOUBLE WIN!

Yes, I have the pass, but the first 30 days are free.

wwm0nkey

Thank you for this post. It prompted me to update the Xbox Music app and suddenly all of the music I associated with my Zune account through the years is there. I am talking about songs I didn't even purchase through Zune, but since they have the rights to the music and somehow still remember I owned them at some point, it's all there now. I am talking about 178 albums, in "My Music". FFUUUU Xbox Music is a marvel. Also, the copy of the Halo 4 OST is the digital deluxe edition. DOUBLE WIN!

Yes, I have the pass, but the first 30 days are free.

So you are telling me anything I have ever put on my Zune that it actually recognized is now mine automatically when I boot it up? Holy shit!

So you are telling me anything I have ever put on my Zune that it actually recognized is now mine automatically when I boot it up? Holy shit!

It appears so, I'm hearing this from others as well, I didn't really look at mine, I was just seeing all the freedom of streaming that you now have (even without the paid pass).

broony

Two weeks. Or less if ShopTo do their thing.

Sat a work, listening to the soundtrack on Spotify, watching unboxing videos. I laugh at my job sometimes. 90% is reading shit on the internet.

External Memory

Neo Member
I can understand the American pricing sort of, maybe $90 but the Aus pricing is insane.

Standard is $88 while LE is $128 while the exchange rate is $100Aus to $99.03US. Where's that extra 30 dollars coming from? :| And it's not shipping because we have to pay the same for digital versions.

We both have a $40 difference between standard and LE, I don't suppose knowing we pay 50% more to get LE while you only pay 45% more is any consolation when you're already looking at about $90 anyway.

Far as the unaccounted $28 you'll have to ask your government, because it's definitely not the retailers, what with parallel import restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom