• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signs that I love Halo 4: I've stayed up until at least 3 a.m. every night playing it. I cannot get enough of War Games. (If you haven't tried Oddball on Complex, give it a shot. That's the one playlist where Complex shines.)

zap

Signs that I love Halo 4: I've stayed up until at least 3 a.m. every night playing it. I cannot get enough of War Games. (If you haven't tried Oddball on Complex, give it a shot. That's the one playlist where Complex shines.)

I have heard Complex is a good Oddball map from other people too. Still haven't gone into that playlist yet.

Really? You can't see how they've made it into CoD?

-Shield/Health is almost irrelevant as a difference you just die super fast to almost any gun.
-Instant respawn gets you back in the action as soon as possible meaning map control is less important as is just getting power weapons.
-Tons and tons of power weapons all over maps.
-The MAPS! They are so CoD its not even funny. HUGE maps, tons of different spaces to go to a lot which doesnt really get used...
-Loadouts, Perks, Unlocking new weapons
-Ordnance is just care packages.
-JIP

I'm sorry how are these not direct CoD features implemented into Halo?

This game would be the MW2 of Halo. The game of the series that finally just went nuts with additions. This game has so much more stuff added in than Reach does.

Oozer3993

I can't. The Banshees fucking utterly destroy me if I try to take out the ground troops first. If I stay in the Ghost I'm giving them easy EMP shots, but if I do it on foot it makes it even easier for the Banshees to one-shot fuel rod cannon me. I honestly think this may be the most fucked encounter in any of the Halos on solo Legendary outside of 2, I can't think of anything like this that I just hit an utter fucking wall on. And it's been largely a cakewalk up to this point.

No lie, that particular encounter is a big reason why I'm thinking of not even attempting a Legendary run in this game. It's a really poorly thought out encounter. And there are a couple other spots in the Campaign where I had to scratch my head and wonder what 343 was thinking, encounter-wise.

I can't. The Banshees fucking utterly destroy me if I try to take out the ground troops first. If I stay in the Ghost I'm giving them easy EMP shots, but if I do it on foot it makes it even easier for the Banshees to one-shot fuel rod cannon me. I honestly think this may be the most fucked encounter in any of the Halos on solo Legendary outside of 2, I can't think of anything like this that I just hit an utter fucking wall on. And it's been largely a cakewalk up to this point.
This is the problem I had during my first run, and I ended up having to get in a Banshee anyway just to keep them from blobbing me with green death. The Banshee is NOT fun to fly around in any more.

Another thing they couldn't finish in time because they wasted time on Spartan Ops.
18kj1wvusir.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
With all the shit Steitzer is constantly yelling at me, he can't tell me when my team has the enemy flag? Really?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't think they were saying they don't see CoD influences in Halo Juices, they were saying Halo 4 isn't the MW2 of Halo (i.e. the worst one).

Do you have the hardlight shield? If so, use that to bait the banshees until they're very close, and then either disable them with the plasma pistol, or use the Fuel Rod Cannon that's located right near the entrance to that area. That's how I finally beat it on Legendary.
After about 2 hours.

MrDaravon

Do you have the hardlight shield? If so, use that to bait the banshees until they're very close, and then either disable them with the plasma pistol, or use the Fuel Rod Cannon that's located right near the entrance to that area. That's how I finally beat it on Legendary.
After about 2 hours.

Nope, I have the auto-sentry. I've tried using the Fuel Rod cannon, but to no avail. I can only get clean shots on the Banshee when it's on a direct approach which will kill you about instantly, and it's incredibly good at juking. The one time the Banshee got stuck on a cliff wall 2 shots with it didn't even kill it before it got unstuck, which is absurd.

This encounter would be totally fine if this initial Banshee wasn't there. This area is already literally a kill box, and on top of that you have a Banshee fucking you as soon as you enter the area. Extremely poor and enclosed/linear encounters like this are why I was very disappointed by the Campaign.

GhaleonEB

I wonder what Ghaleon thinks about Spartan Ops...
I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not going to play it until after I clear the Campaign.

I had a lot of problems with this area, on Heroic. I eventually just did laps boosting on the Ghost until the Grunts were clear, then got on foot and took out the Elites on the platforms from long range. Then finally dealt with the Banshees.

But that was Heroic. I'm already dreading my Legendary run, just for that sequence.

I don't think they were saying they don't see CoD influences in Halo Juices, they were saying Halo 4 isn't the MW2 of Halo (i.e. the worst one).

Yea I don't think this was ever agreed upon at the last gamers meeting...

I had a ton of fun with MW2. I just didn't take it very seriously.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
.....damn straight

Which means Master Chief is Copernicus and the creator of the Heliocentric theory which is why Halo 4 takes place in space, and Capetian Price is Tycho Brahe who coined the Tychonic System and this explains why CoD is fascinated with (and centered on) Earth.

Oh I played a bunch of MW2, I just think it's the worst out of the series. I was more explaining the replies of the other two.

MrDaravon

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not going to play it until after I clear the Campaign.

I had a lot of problems with this area, on Heroic. I eventually just did laps boosting on the Ghost until the Grunts were clear, then got on foot and took out the Elites on the platforms from long range. Then finally dealt with the Banshees.

But that was Heroic. I'm already dreading my Legendary run, just for that sequence.

Are there Ghosts on Heroic? There's 2 on Legendary, which make that strategy not viable.

Pop

MW2 had no fun, that game was a big ol' pile of poop. All modern warfares after COD4 suck ass.

Yeah, you'd have to be bonkers to think this isn't Call of Halo. That's not to say it isn't hugely fun. But it is Call of Halo in so, so many ways.

It's the only part of the game where the difficulty level shifts from "Ok, I can do this," to "Ok, who the hell put this in and thought it was a good idea?" I doubt I'll ever play that part of the game on Legendary again.

FyreWulff

>=o

Seriously though I'm kind of sick UIs from people you can tell don't have the proper priorities in mind.

Both the menus and the forge spaces feel like people were trying to be more 'beautiful' than 'functional'.

Bungie had fairly brutalist UX but that's because they knew you just need shit to work.

Or to phrase it in the Rock Band context, it's like Halo: Reach was Rock Band 3 while Halo 4 is Rock Band 1.

Blinding

What I ended up doing was hanging out at the hanger to take out the two ghosts, then I went to sprinted to the three targets, got into that tiny room to take them out and then stayed there until I could safely take everyone around me out. Apparently once you get to those objectives the banshees start to refuse shooting you, instead they just boost around in circles minding their own business.

That section was annoying difficult though.

MrDaravon

Finally got past it, but only because (in typical Halo 4 fashion it seems) the initial Banshee got stuck on a cliff face. Once I destroyed it, the rest of it was completely fine.

I was having this issue a bit but saw my NAT kept going moderate. Is yours the same?

It's on moderate but I haven't had this problem in other games. Someone joined and then I got booted. Honestly feels like Halo 2 again. Make sure the proper person makes the room, invite people in a particular order. Musical Halo Chairs.

Trey

Yeah, you'd have to be bonkers to think this isn't Call of Halo. That's not to say it isn't hugely fun. But it is Call of Halo in so, so many ways.

Except the gunplay, which is what's important. I don't think anyone is denying the accouterments being lifted straight from CoD.

Edit: except flinch. I don't know how I feel about that yet.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This game is buggy as hell. Won't let me choose my load outs from the respawn screen, so I have to choose 'Select Next Loadout' from the start menu.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's on moderate but I haven't had this problem in other games. Someone joined and then I got booted. Honestly feels like Halo 2 again. Make sure the proper person makes the room, invite people in a particular order. Musical Halo Chairs.

Yeah, drives me insane. The NAT thing even more because I got a new internet provider (apartment complex signed one) and they put routers in each apartment, which they control. I can no longer go into the router to fix NAT issues. So musical chairs it is.

I hope 343 takes the complaints and fixes them if possible in Halo 4 and focuses on them with Halo 5. Some of this stuff has no use. There are so many small things holding the game back. Best gunplay since Halo 2 but other stuff needs tweaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom