• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackHerer

I just went into Infinity Slayer alone and got matched up with a team of 4. All Jetpackers. Jetpack is still very broken. Especially when you have a coordinated team using it. Also why the hell am I getting matched up with teams of 4 when I go in alone? There's 300,000+ players on right now. I think it shouldn't be a problem to match teams of 4 with teams of 4.

This seems unpleasantly familiar....

Ken

This is actually how a lot of maps in Halo 4 work, like Adept, Vortex, and basically anything with a tower/building you can rain down on people with 3x scope and power weapons with.

I don't know what Adept is but it's probably a BTB map, a playlist that I tend to stay away from unless GAF people want to play it.

TheOddOne

Anyways, I think 343i did a great job with the shooting part of the game. Duels feel fun, landing shots on people feel great, and for the most part I feel like shots are landing where I want them to land. Aside from that, everything else is kind of bleh.
Yeah, the wrapping around it is just unfocused and clutterd. There is a gem underneath it that has been refreshed and tweaked to awesome, but just got bogged down by everything else.

Strip away Personal Ordnance, make Global Ordnance act like normal weapon drops, have the option to turn off on-screen text, nerf the Jetpack and Hardlight Shield, and keep everything else and this gem would shine.

At that point we only complain about weapons being OP, but could always be tweaked. If we only had that to complain about, damn then it would be heaven.

Aggrotek

So, not that any of you particularly care but, I was just in a huge accident about 3 hours ago. I blacked out at the wheel and nearly hit a car head on as I was crossing the road. I hit a tree and my car ended up down an embankment. I am fine, no injuries, but my car is seriously fucked.

I'd appreciate your guy's thoughts and support. I'm seriously lucky to even be alive at this point.

So, not that any of you particularly care but, I was just in a huge accident about 3 hours ago. I blacked out at the wheel and nearly hit a car head on as I was crossing the road. I hit a tree and my car ended up down an embankment. I am fine, no injuries, but my car is seriously fucked.

I'd appreciate your guy's thoughts and support. I'm seriously lucky to even be alive at this point.

Blacked out? I hope you get that checked out =/.

Ken

The black screen gets us all, even in life.

Glad you're okay. Hope you get your car troubles sorted.

On the topic of H4, why is the
Didact pissed at the Librarian? I thought she was his wife...(I just read summaries of the books). Please don't say anything if it spoils the actual game, I haven't gone past the point of first time meeting him in-game
Watch the terminals after you beat the game, explains a lot.

Yikes :( sorry dude

TheOddOne

Glad you are ok, Aggro.

You should go to the doctor as soon as possible, blacking out like that sounds serious.

On the topic of H4, why is the
Didact pissed at the Librarian? I thought she was his wife...(I just read summaries of the books). Please don't say anything if it spoils the actual game, I haven't gone past the point of first time meeting him in-game
Be sure to watch all the Halo 4 Terminals, they shed a lot of light on the story.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Holy shit bro. Glad to hear you're alright.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Yeah, Complex does not belong on the Slayer playlist. Also, the spawning on it is atrocious.

I'm pretty sure the spawning system is largely based on where your team is. If you're getting shitty spawns, you probably have shitty team-mates spawning you there.

Complex has a lot going on. It is one of my favorite maps.

Aggrotek

Here is the damage:

KkkQY.jpg

It felt far worse, and the car was on it's side. This is not going to be cheap to repair. :(

Akai__

Here is the damage:

It felt far worse, and the car was on it's side. This is not going to be cheap to repair. :(

Wow. Sad to hear this, but luckily, you are fine. I hope everything turns out good for you.

And I thought my injury at Karate was bad...

Good thing your still alive. Count your blessings.

Is this a record for GAF going from loving a game to hating it?

Glad you're okay, sucks that your car isn't.

Have you been missing sleep or meals? The blackout could've been due to something simple like that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Damn! Glad you're okay! That looks sounds scary as hell.

Merguson

Banned
If anyone wants:

Female Avatar Armor (Spartan 4)

EDIT: Also have a Halo 4 background, not sure which one it is.

Also, in terms of non-related Halo items... if you have Steam..

Six copies of DOTA 2 (I guess it's still in beta mode or something?)

One copy of Torchlight (not the sequel)..

just quote this..

EDIT: That's pretty scary, good to see that you are okay, Aggro.

Aggrotek

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Makes me feel a little better.

Glad you're okay, sucks that your car isn't.

Have you been missing sleep or meals? The blackout could've been due to something simple like that.

I ate earlier today and have had decent amounts of sleep. Nothing unusual. I have been sick for the past couple of days. I am mostly worried that it was caused because of that precancerous spot I had about 6 months back. They wont see me until the 26th for that though.

Lingitiz

I think it's just natural for everyone to start pointing out things they hate once they start playing people of similar skill. I'm definitely not as crazy about the game as day 1, but that's likely because i was getting 30+ kills a game.

Could my performance issues (framerate issues) be happening because I installed it to a thumbdrive?

I was under the assumption thumbdrives are faster than hard drives these days?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's just like many people are saying. The game needs a few tweaks and fixes, and then it has the potential for Halo 2 levels of greatness. Well, we'd need better maps for that, but it'd still be damn close!

Karl2177

Could my performance issues (framerate issues) be happening because I installed it to a thumbdrive?

I was under the assumption thumbdrives are faster than hard drives these days?

If the Xbox had USB 3.0, you'd be good. Otherwise the HDD is slightly faster.

What map are you getting the framerate issues on?

Right now, Slayer Pro is about the pinnacle of Slayer in Halo 4 for me. Could just use regular weapon spawns, no instant player spawns, and I'd like to see X returning on the screen and sprint taken out. Maps more acclimated to tighter 4v4 play would be appreciated too but I don't think we're getting those outside of Forge-- but the Lockout remake that was linked a while back looked supremely promising.

Spartan OPs AI Driving holy shit you thought Kat was bad.
Forget AI, some of the randoms I have driving me around in MP have me preferring Kat.

If the Xbox had USB 3.0, you'd be good. Otherwise the HDD is slightly faster.

What map are you getting the framerate issues on?

Meltdown was the main one? Thats the one with the energy bridge above B? and also Exile was another perp.

The others dont play great...but maybe thats just default that 343 decided was acceptable.

Had a fantatstic time tonight playing Wargames with Shake, Devo, Gazzawa and friends.
Man, now that was a good time.

The clean, simpler HUD in Slayer Pro is beautiful, I love it! Makes you appreciate even more just how amazing Haven looks.

I'd really like 343 to consider including Death Markers in their TU, the radar ones are useless, positioning them is difficult, especially on multiple levels, nevermind the lack of range. It means when a team mate tells you they died and to be careful, you can't be sure of where, making the information far less useful.

Edit: Glad to hear you came out mostly okay Aggro, hope OT stays that way.

Karl2177

Meltdown was the main one? Thats the one with the energy bridge above B? and also Exile was another perp.

The others dont play great...but maybe thats just default that 343 decided was acceptable.

Haven't played Meltdown yet, so I'm not sure about the lag on it. For me, Exile only had lag when there was a Scorpion and a Hog blowing up. It's easily possible though. The main perpetrator of framerate issues is Complex. If you're playing split, you'll get a max of about 20 frames per second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom