• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
From Ellis:

[insert happy .gif below]

Visual boy, you will be mine <3.

I'm so glad this is cleared up.

So wait, I get this with the LE package now:

Spartan-IV &#8220;Recruit&#8221; In-Game Armour
Spartan-IV &#8220;Prime&#8221; In-Game Armour Skin
Assault Rifle &#8220;Prime&#8221; In-Game Weapon Skin
&#8220;Prime&#8221; In-Game Emblem
Falcon emblem
Scanner helmets
Strider helmets

Glad I stuck with my LE :p

Anyways, is Megalo going to be used in Halo 4?

I feel like it'll come down to personal preference, hopefully.
Yep, that's the idea, and from my experience it works like that pretty well. Omlet will swear by the BR till the end of his days, you won't see me touch it with a 10-foot pole.
Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)
  • Wreckage: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations
  • Harvest: venture into the human colony environs of Harvest
  • Shatter: explore a human foray on an alien moon

Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)

• Landfall: emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world
  • Monolith: exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams
  • Skyline: distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.

Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)

• Daybreak: a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range
  • Outcast: plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice
  • Perdition: takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.
Very nice, happy that Halo is finally getting DLC on a timely basis. The concept art looks pretty awesome for the maps. First pack in December as well is great.

I still will not be purchasing the season pass until the first pack is out and I can see if there is actually working implementation for DLC in MM. I'm done getting burned on DLC.
There are people that want shorter kill times in Halo? The longer engagements give skilled players a chance to overtake someone who gets the first shot off, unlike most other games. If that's the way you want to play keep it to custom games.
Absolutely. The guns in Halo 3 and Reach are painfully weak, and is the general pace of play. The stronger weapon sandbox across the board and overall significantly faster pace of play of Halo 4 is a very very welcome change.
Wow, just got some interesting news, within 48h or so yall be hatin me pretty hard..

ic7akn.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Because YouTube doesn't let you simply upload audio and attach a picture. You have to upload a video file.

Edit podcast: ~3-4 hours
Render video: ~2 hours at low-res
Upload podcast: ~30 minutes
Upload/process video: ~1 hour

Rendering a two-hour long video at high quality would add quite a bit of time.

Let me make and upload the videos.

MrDaravon

Great, I cancelled my LE pre-order this morning because BSangel confirmed previously that the LE pass did NOT include the helmets/emblem. I am kind of legitimately pissed off now. I don't really care much about the other stuff in there, but would have kept it for the steelbook. I really appreciate how we asked about that for days an days online and in this thread and they couldn't confirm it then. Fuck.

From Gametrailers

In addition, you also get an exclusive emblem and two in-game helmets with "unique geometry." And if you bought the Halo 4 exclusive console bundle, good news: You get the War Games Pass as part of your purchase.

This was not mentioned in any of the unboxing vids, is this accurate?

Raide

VICTORY!

This really just makes way more sense, I don't know why it wasn't this way from the beginning.

It probably was but PR timing and all manner of other bits. It does happen where the developer is not allowed to announce something before an obscure date passes. :D

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Great, I cancelled my LE pre-order this morning because BSangel confirmed previously that the LE pass did NOT include the helmets/emblem. I am kind of legitimately pissed off now. I don't really care much about the other stuff in there, but would have kept it for the steelbook.

Serious question, was the lack of two in-game helmets enough to make you cancel the LE completely? Seems a bit nuts that a decision like that hinged on a few helmets.

To each their own!

If you just throw a picture in Vegas alongside the audio track the rendering should take ~20 seconds.

You're only rendering 1FramePerTwoHours...

feel

neLLl.png

who do we trust?
And there we go. Bring on the pissed off people who cancelled their LEs just because of the missing helmets.

Because YouTube doesn't let you simply upload audio and attach a picture. You have to upload a video file.

Edit podcast: ~3-4 hours
Render video: ~2 hours at low-res
Upload podcast: ~30 minutes
Upload/process video: ~1 hour

Rendering a two-hour long video at high quality would add quite a bit of time.
Fair enough, makes tons of sense. But I do wonder how so many other people get super long audio stuff on youtube with just a logo that looks pleasantly high quality, they can't be spending many hours rendering and uploading, there's probably a workaround.

MrDaravon

Serious question, was the lack of two in-game helmets enough to make you cancel the LE completely? Seems a bit nuts that a decision like that hinged on a few helmets.

To each their own!

Mostly on principle. Why was I spending MORE money to not get content that other people were getting for buying the same thing?

CyReN

For those who pre-order the Limited Edition at Gamestop this is what your package looks like now.
  • Spartan-IV &#8220;Recruit&#8221; In-Game Armour
  • Spartan-IV &#8220;Prime&#8221; In-Game Armour Skin
  • Assault Rifle &#8220;Prime&#8221; In-Game Weapon Skin
  • &#8220;Prime&#8221; In-Game Emblem
  • "Falcon" In-Game Emblem
  • Scanner helmet
  • Strider helmet
  • Spartan-IV "Forest"In-Game Armour
  • Battle Rifle "Arctic" In-Game Weapon Skin
  • War Games Haven Premium Theme
  • Ghost Avator Prop

a2f5910d5457b92d821236d02d6c3d85.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
For those who pre-order the Limited Edition at Gamestop this is what your package looks like now.
  • Scanner helmet
  • Strider helmet
  • Ghost Avator Prop

Nice haul there. Glad I pre-ordered at GS.

Don't even tease that. I love Chiron.

Let me make and upload the videos.

If you're suggesting that so you can put them in your channel because you have more subscribers, that's fine. We can figure that out.

If you're just trying to save me time/effort, it really wouldn't change much. I already have a video render template ready and I get it going as soon as I finish editing the audio. The video renders while I'm uploading the audio file. It doesn't take much effort on my part, I can multitask. It would be slower anyways; you'd have to wait for the audio file to finish uploading to the site and then download it before you could even start rendering.

If you just throw a picture in Vegas alongside the audio track the rendering should take ~20 seconds.

You're only rendering 1FramePerTwoHours...

Fair enough, makes tons of sense. But I do wonder how so many other people get super long audio stuff on youtube with just a logo that looks pleasantly high quality, they can't be spending many hours rendering and uploading, there's probably a workaround.

You guys are probably right. I've never searched for a better way, I just leave it to render and work on other things.

FyreWulff

Seriously. Did you not purchase Reach thinking "this is going to some awesome Halo" only to play and watch the game fall apart after a few weeks of playing? The population dropped off

Reach's population went UPWARDS after launch. I still don't know why people keep saying this. Do not compare Reach's in-game counter to Halo 3's in-game counter, Halo 3's counter hilariously inflated the numbers.

Major Nelson just put up details on the Season Pass with NEW MAP PACK DETAILS.

http://majornelson.com/2012/10/24/announcing-the-halo-4-war-games-pass/

This is really weird to know all the maps before launch..

Tashi

If you're suggesting that so you can put them in your channel because you have more subscribers, that's fine. We can figure that out.

If you're just trying to save me time/effort, it really wouldn't change much. I already have a video render template ready and I get it going as soon as I finish editing the audio. The video renders while I'm uploading the audio file. It doesn't take much effort on my part, I can multitask. It would be slower anyways; you'd have to wait for the audio file to finish uploading to the site and then download it before you could even start rendering.

You guys are probably right. I've never searched for a better way, I just leave it to render and work on other things.

I was just trying to save you time and effort. That's fine.

Oozer3993

• Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armour
  • Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armour Skin
  • Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin
  • “Prime” In-Game Emblem
  • Scanner helmet
  • Strider helmet
  • Ghost Avator Prop

My fingers are going to hurt from all the code enterin'.

Akai__

Just wanted to write that...

And YouTube has an other cool feature, too. Not sure, if this is already abailable, but it was mentioned in the YouTube creator space:

It lets you attach your personal icon, which will, for example, rotate in every video, you want it to.

Nando13

• “Prime” In-Game Emblem
  • Scanner helmet
  • Strider helmet
  • Ghost Avator Prop

+Halo 4 Headset.

• Scanner helmet
  • Strider helmet
  • Ghost Avator Prop

Do I get anything for buying the normal version from Walmart at midnight?

• Scanner helmet
  • Strider helmet
  • Ghost Avator Prop

They need to make an OCR app for Kinect that lets you just scan codes in. That, or include a QR code with each one and release a mobile phone app that inputs the code at Xbox.com.

LD2k

Neo Member
  • “Prime” In-Game Emblem
  • Scanner helmet
  • Strider helmet
  • Ghost Avator Prop

Never had a doubt to downgrade from GS's LE Halo 4 pre-order, but man this is awesome. Glad they figured this out. Cannot wait.

Great, I cancelled my LE pre-order this morning because BSangel confirmed previously that the LE pass did NOT include the helmets/emblem. I am kind of legitimately pissed off now. I don't really care much about the other stuff in there, but would have kept it for the steelbook. I really appreciate how we asked about that for days an days online and in this thread and they couldn't confirm it then. Fuck.

classic 343 studios

Tashi

I would assume Major Nelson's, cause it's the official source. I think Over just made a mistake.

Oh, and crucial update for HaloGAF: Still haven't preordered this game lolololol

I haven't either lol. I'm praying that I could still get the limited edition. I'm going on the hunt Friday. Going to try Gamestop, FYE, Walmart and then if those fail I'll probably just cry.

They changed it recently. It wasn't planned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom