• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNut

Banned
skyrim on 360. hope you like load times.

They are rough. I pass the time by watching zelda and halo streams while waiting. In a weird way i like the long load times for this reason. I don't get why the thieves den as so many loading areas either.

dont like haven, adrift, complex. exile, ragnarock, longbow vortex really they all stink.

Yeah Haven is the only 4v4 map I like. Complex is growing on me though. Not bad for flag and Slayer. Maybe because it's about the size of a traditional Halo BTB map.

Im like 50 pages behind, did I miss anything interesting?

343 can't even manage to put out a game worth saying anything interesting about so no

Whats with them sticking bright fucking lights in maps too. Solace and that DLC map...

Stop doing that!

yeah I don't even know why they thought that was a good idea

probably for the same reasons that they thought a lot of things were good ideas

happy new year halogaf

Happy new year Halogaf! Hope everyone started it good! Mine was pretty decent other than one stuck up asshole who had a stick up his ass about the piercings and clothes on one of the people I was with (which is no reason to start anything to begin with and his weren't dramatic at all anyways).

We took no steps forward and three steps back, it's 2013 and the Boltshot is still OP as hell, MLG gametypes are coming out but no playlist because Pizza Hut owns legal rights to Halo 4 due to a clause in the contract that is active if the game is outsourced to more than five companies, HaloGAF got its beard trimmed, and Tawpgun is ripping in peace.

Oh and real pic january is now active.

Happy new year Halogaf! Hope everyone started it good! Mine was pretty decent other than one stuck up asshole who had a stick up his ass about the piercings and clothes on one of the people I was with (which is no reason to start anything to begin with and his weren't dramatic at all anyways).

People got banned and Halo died.

Kuroyume

Banned
So which one of you guys is planning to pick up the next XBOX at launch? At this point I don't think Halo can convince me to pick one up as soon as the next Halo is out. Different attitude from what I felt before H3 was released. Kind of ambivalent about Halo now. Keep remembering the good times but the franchise has been stinking it up for so long now.

So which one of you guys is planning to pick up the next XBOX at launch? At this point I don't think Halo can convince me to pick one up as soon as the next Halo is out. Different attitude from what I felt before H3 was released. The franchise has been stinking it up for so long now.
Halo was the only thing that anchored my choice to get a 360, though with the series being what it is now on top of my other experiences with the 360 this gen Microsoft's gonna have to pull out all the stops to convince me to get their next thing. Dunno what they could even do to win me over at this point.

Nowise10

/\ /\ /\ /\ I can guarantee you guys will still buy Halo 5. Seriously, if you still come to Halogaf now, you'll be buying Halo 5 even how much you say you dislike Halo now.

Happy New Year HaloGAF! An hour later and this party is still too crazy for me to hear anything, but there's at least room for me to type now :D

Hope everyone's safe tonight and having a good time.

Here's to a 2013 full of red X's, extraction playlists, etc...

New Year's?

Acceptable:
  • Happy New Year
  • Happy New Year's Day
Unacceptable:
  • Happy New Years (there can only be one new year at a time)
  • Happy New Year's (new year's what?)

Happy New Years, HaloGAF. I hope you have a fucking fantastic year.

tumblr_mddw5jFPIQ1rvc4tg.gif

You too.

Pop

/\ /\ /\ /\ I can guarantee you guys will still buy Halo 5. Seriously, if you still come to Halogaf now, you'll be buying Halo 5 even how much you say you dislike Halo now.

Only if there's a beta or I borrow it first from a friend.

My other decision is waiting to see what the TU will bring to H4.

I will not buy Halo 5. I will not even rebuy Halo 4. You can bookmark this post if you want to shove it in my face if I end up getting either, but that's not going to happen.

Havok

Your January 2013 Monthly Challenge is:

To the Victor Go the Spoils - 15000 XP
Win 70 matchmaking War Games matches.

...which is the exact same as the December 2012 Monthly Challenge in name, payout, and requirements.

...which was a barely modified version of the November 2012 Monthly Challenge.

Why? I mean, they know this is happening, right? Their challenge design and schedule has left a lot to be desired. They're just kind of rote.

blamite

...which is the exact same as the December 2012 Monthly Challenge in name, payout, and requirements.

Why?

They patch to add more monthly challenges was outsourced to THQ.

pakkit

Banned
I like all the Infinity Slayer maps excluding Complex. Complex's openness means a DMR + Camo combination can easily dominate the map.

Why? I mean, they know this is happening, right? Their challenge design and schedule has left a lot to be desired. They're just kind of rote.

I thought the sustain team didn't take Christmas off, so I have no idea.

IHaveIce

Banned
/ / / / I can guarantee you guys will still buy Halo 5. Seriously, if you still come to Halogaf now, you'll be buying Halo 5 even how much you say you dislike Halo now.
there were people here who posted and didn't have reach and there are people here who don't play Halo 4.

This isn't the thread for the latest releases, ti's just about the community and the whole Halo saga. I think posting here isn't a good indicator if someone buys halo 5.

I won't buy it without a Beta this time, renting it? for sure for testing it out

Omni

BTB in this game is a complete clusterfuck. Argh. It irritates me just thinking about the bullshit that happens.

CTF is the only mode left in Halo 4 that I enjoy... barely.

Ken

Need to hide the challenges deeper in menus for Halo 5 so these accusations of repetitive challenges won't come up again!

Moa

To be honest, I'm not surprised.

Reach has had the same Weekly Challenge pretty much since Halo 4 came out, which is 200 multi kills in the week.

The fact a machine is the one selecting the weekly challenges and it keeps choosing the same one over and over is quite worrying, and that applies for Halo 4 too :/

The variety in the Daily Challenges too are quite bad for H4 too.

Speaking of challenges, it looks like you can get both campaign weeklies just from playing through Dawn on Legendary, with Mythic, Tilt, Tough Luck and Thunderstorm. Weird.

fozzy

Just bought this online quite cheap. I just couldn't stand the lag on Black Ops 2 anymore.

Not a clue what to expect. Watched some videos on youtube and there seemed to be alot of player controlled vehicles on the map.

Is there a playlist with is just gun on gun?

Just bought this online quite cheap. I just couldn't stand the lag on Black Ops 2 anymore.

Not a clue what to expect. Watched some videos on youtube and there seemed to be alot of player controlled vehicles on the map.

Is there a playlist with is just gun on gun?

Plenty, most of the playlists with smaller teams (4v4, FFA).

Welcome to Halo. You picked a hell of a time to join up.

Overdoziz

Banned
Zealot > Solace and Adrift
MLG Zealot, yes. Default Zealot, lolno.

Overall I'd say the Halo 4 maps aren't that bad, but they're all pretty mediocre. Still a step up from Reach where pretty much every map was awful at launch. It says enough when the best maps in the game are Forge remakes of The Pit and Sanctuary. MLG Countdown and MLG Zealot were pretty good too.

The only small map I enjoy playing on is Haven. Adrift can be good but it is so easy to camp on. I don't have a clue about any BTB map cause both Dominion and BTB are horrible to play with its current settings. The maps could be really good, but I'm not gonna find out anytime soon.

It's so weird, because it seems 343 is helpless against the Link Up to Bungie.net challenge from re-appearing, but now the Weekly doesn't change? It's like.. what

It really doesn't make sense. Like at all. They could have re-factored the code base and somehow lost some functionality, likely they just aren't paying attention to it. Could be human error (miscommunication between developers and whoever actually uses the tools.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom