• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even want to think about how dope that would be. BF4 and Destiny at once, on a new Xbox. That would be too much.
Ok I'll admit, if BF4 supports 64 on the next Xbox or Destiny is a launch title, I pretty much have to buy it. Otherwise, I'll probably wait. I don't even think Halo 5 would sell me on it. Launch windows are usually terrible, and if I get lucky, I can snag a 720 on sale.

Yeah I normally don't buy a console at launch (6-12 months after launch usually), but if those two titles are launch window, I will spring for sure.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Ok I'll admit, if BF4 supports 64 on the next Xbox or Destiny is a launch title, I pretty much have to buy it. Otherwise, I'll probably wait. I don't even think Halo 5 would sell me on it. Launch windows are usually terrible, and if I get lucky, I can snag a 720 on sale.

If Destiny is officially coming to PC at the same time as the 720 then I'll probably hold off on getting one until Halo 5.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Taco Bell is decent, but I feel miserable after every time I eat there. Maybe it's just the one near where I live or something.

They're probably going to do Halo 2 for the 720, then pretend it's the first time Halo 2 ever had achievements.

Then all the achievements will be the same as H2 PC's.

Halo 2 Anniversary launching with the 720 would be a great move by 343 on so many levels.

So many.

FyreWulff

Halo 2 Anniversary launching with the 720 would be a great move by 343 on so many levels.

So many.

That'd be about the time I'd be "yup, time to check out of this franchise".

Then somehow they lock even more things behind retailer bonuses from the previous version. Foundation only at Gamestop. Stop in at Best Buy to play as an Elite. Go to CompUSA for the ending.

If the next Xbox is indeed 2013, I could definitely see Halo 2 Anniversary be a launch title. It would give people a great reason to buy a new Xbox, and it'll keep Halo in people's minds until Halo 5 comes out.

And even though 2013 is the 9th Anniversary of Halo 2, all they have to say is that it's in celebration of the upcoming 10th Anniversary of Halo 2 and no one will even notice or care.

King of the Hill commendations 45% completed. Who knows when that number will be able to be improved upon again.

Hood_salute.PNG

Fracas

#fuckonami
Uh, if they added back MP support for it, why not?

As much as I want it to happen, I don't think there's a chance in hell Halo 2 Anniversary would have Xbox Live multiplayer.

If it did though...Oh man :D

edit: vvvvv the day Halo 3 anniversary releases will be the best day ever

Omni

Perhaps not any form, if they just wanna CEA it again they might as well not even bother.

I don't agree at all. Campaign needs to be brought back, IMO. I know many on here disagree, but I couldn't care less about 7 year old multiplayer... however great it was at the time.

Fotos

If there is a Halo 2 Anniversary it definitely needs to have jetpack, camo, pv, and bring back armor lock. Armor lock would be a great addition to Halo 2 especially multiplayer.

J10

Banned
If there is a Halo 2 Anniversary it definitely needs to have jetpack, camo, pv, and bring back armor lock. Armor lock would be a great addition to Halo 2 especially multiplayer.

Jetpack would be redundant. There's already superbouncing, which widens the skill gap anyway.

Fotos

SMH.

You forgot bloom and flinch.

Oh yeah can't forget those. I also think flinch should be upgraded. For example if you got shot with a pistol your screen would either go straight up or straight down. Which actually isn't a bad thing considering every map has multiple floors or levels for jetpack use.

Blinding

If they do make a H2A, I want it to be what Bungie originally intended to ship had their scheduling been on par during Halo 2's development.

malfcn

Holy shit is the game trolling me. Right now I can hit people with the Railgun, Boltshot, Shotgun etc, and put 6 more rounds of another pistol or DMR and they will not die. Meanwhile, I am the only one when a grenade or a few bullets go into a crowd.

Last but not least, I pop the shields one two, and my controller dies. I am hated right now.

I don't agree at all. Campaign needs to be brought back, IMO. I know many on here disagree, but I couldn't care less about 7 year old multiplayer... however great it was at the time.

I'm with you there, man.

I'm actually all in for a "Director's Cut" edition of Halo 2 with some of the extra cut content added in for good measure.

--

Watching that extended SpOps trailer got me hyped for it again.

I'm fairly certain I saw Broadswords flying, so I wonder if that's going to be in there. I did see Vortex, I think, too.

The other stuff looks great, and the story looks like it seems to be going somewhere. I guess 343 deserve some slack for SpOps, it is their first rodeo after all. There are very few devs that have gotten episodic gaming right.

Still, what gets me excited the most about SpOps is less the campaign-tied story of the Infinity, and more the possibilities of the future. I'm talking really crazy stuff. Like... why not visit Noble Team pre-Reach? Or that Firefly ODST team - do some more missions there. Or, hell, if we're being crazy, why not have some Pre-CE Master-Chief/Cortana content? Blue Team anyone? What about some of the Arbiter's missions - or a whole season from the Covenant's perspective?

Granted, I know this stuff aint cheap, but it's episodic, they don't have to be huge. I just want some more creativity in the future (not that it isn't good, now, but some REALLY creative stuff).

There's a ridiculously huge universe to explore and Spartan Ops is the perfect excuse to just say fuck it and go bananas.

GhaleonEB

Holy shit is the game trolling me. Right now I can hit people with the Railgun, Boltshot, Shotgun etc, and put 6 more rounds of another pistol or DMR and they will not die. Meanwhile, I am the only one when a grenade or a few bullets go into a crowd.

Last but not least, I pop the shields one two, and my controller dies. I am hated right now.

I just got my house on Solstheim and it was so awesomely pimped out I haven't stopped grinning since turning the game off a while ago. So great. Took a huge, multi-day investment to prepare for a raid, pulled it off, got a fucking house in return. The feeling of pride, accomplishment and then reward is so great. Now that's an investment system.

Sorry for the detail, but I keep reading posts of frustration at Halo 4, and it's such a contrast from the near constant joy Skyrim brings me. Doesn't really motivate going back....

Fotos

Didn't Halo 2 originally have the Mongoose and Invasion in it? I wonder what other things were meant to be in the game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Besides Ghaleon, what are the guys who stopped playing Halo 4 playing now?

I'm about to wrap up ACIII, then it's on to finish OoT 3DS.

I just got my house on Solstheim and it was so awesomely pimped out I haven't stopped grinning since turning the game off a while ago. So great. Took a huge, multi-day investment to prepare for a raid, pulled it off, got a fucking house in return. The feeling of pride, accomplishment and then reward is so great. Now that's an investment system.

Sorry for the detail, but I keep reading posts of frustration at Halo 4, and it's such a contrast from the near constant joy Skyrim brings me. Doesn't really motivate going back....

Hey, it's not entirely fair to compare straight RPGs to FPS. I mean, RPGs have had "investment systems" pretty much since their inception. It's a relatively newer phenomenon that that genre has sort of bled into the mainstream of other genres. So Skyrim's systems are quite a bit more mature.

Actually... Now you have me thinking about an open-world scifi RPG set in the Halo universe. Something like Mass Effect, but during the time of the Forerunner and Ancient Humans. How bananas would that be!

I'm in dreamer mode tonight :(

An entire third act

Yeah, every time I see a glimpse of the Halo 2 that could have been, I feel something akin to nostalgia, but for something I know I'll never get to experience. There must have been so many good ideas thrown off that ship. That sounds a lot more negative than I intended. I loved the shit out of that game's campaign.

Does anyone play this game? Because its really bad. I feel like you wouldn't say it was good if you were playing it often.

Team Regicide, Dominion, Oddball, and SWAT I find pretty damn fun. Pretty much all I play with a dab of CTF here and there.

I like the game for the most part, I just wish I had more time to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom