• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

DAIxp.png

Pop

**You appear to have lost your connection to Xbox Live. You must be connected to Xbox Live to play.**

H4 trolling me. I'm clearly connected to live and H4 keeps switching my network status to My Xbox 360. Every time I switch it back to Xbox Live it switches it back haha.

wow grenades are completely useless now. it's like trying to have sex with a limp dick... unreal. throwing stickies in btb was one of the smart things they did.

RIP Grenade Throwing

EDIT:
Just got done with a BTB game and I just couldn't hit vehicles with stickies. They were almost always too far away to stick. And the charged PP shot only stuns them for a second or two. The grenade takes longer to get to the vehicle than the stun. WTF!!!??? What a joke. To me, removing the ability to throw grenades is up there as one of the more asinine things I've seen 343 do so far...

Killer

Banned
I agree that grenades are more like firecrackers. It completely lost its purpose of luring people out of cover/area. I know many people disagree with that but whatever.

Edit: I totally agree booshka.

Booshka

Strong grenades, strong weapons, good base player speed with an actual strafe, good Halo.

Slow movement and weak weapons makes strong nades either OP or weaker ones useless.

wow grenades are completely useless now. it's like trying to have sex with a limp dick... unreal. throwing stickies in btb was one of the smart things they did.

RIP Grenade Throwing

EDIT:
Just got done with a BTB game and I just couldn't hit vehicles with stickies. They were almost always too far away to stick. And the charged PP shot only stuns them for a second or two. The grenade takes longer to get to the vehicle than the stun. WTF!!!??? What a joke. To me, removing the ability to throw grenades is up there as one of the more asinine things I've seen 343 do so far...

Sorry mate I disagree with you here. 343i have done great things reducing grenade spam. Stickies, pp, camo, vehicle path prediction, vehicle choke points , power weapons and team work all beat a single vehicle hands down.

Even frags or boarding timed correctly or combined with camo and solid map movement make it easy to down vehicles.

blamite

Looks like the map pack is downloadable from the main dashboard ad right now. How am I supposed to get it with the LE map pass? There was nothing new in the in-game marketplace.

Halo 3 grenades were perfect imo. They had a perfect arc, bounce and weren't too powerful. Reach's grenades had none of this. With Halo 4, I feel they're too weak, and their throwing arc is pretty weird as well.

Sorry mate I disagree with you here. 343i have done great things reducing grenade spam. Stickies, pp, camo, vehicle path prediction, vehicle choke points , power weapons and team work all beat a single vehicle hands down.

Even frags or boarding timed correctly or combined with camo and solid map movement make it easy to down vehicles.
So you're a fan of vehicle domination... Good for you. Hard to spam grenades when you don't have many to begin with and can't just pick them up whenever. Your whole argument is that team work will take down vehicles. Well I call horse shit on that. Most people don't play with a bunch of friends, especially not enough to have a full team in BTB. I play alone 90% of the time or more. Try going into BTB and talk everyone into team shooting a vehicle down. But wait, it's not just one vehicle, it's like 5, and they respawn like hotcakes. Yeah doesn't work. And you're assuming you can get your hands on a power weapon out of the 7 other people sprinting across the map. Personal ordnance is a toss up. Sometimes you get something useful, sometimes you don't. And good luck relying on getting personal ordnance right when you need it,as in right when a vehicle is mowing you down in addition to the gunfire from all over the map.

I don't recall hearing one person bitch about the ability to throw grenades a little harder. It wasn't a problem. Sigh...
PV + grenades = 1 shot kills all day.
PV shouldn't be in the game and is the bigger problem, not the grenades. And that strategy doesn't work in BTB which is what I was referring to.

Omni

So uh...I can buy the map pack, but i cant download it with my LE code so far.

Why do i have a feeling they're going to screw this up too?

It's not even showing up for me... I don't have to download the shitty Waypoint app, right?

nvm. Just showed up then... 800MSP. No thanks. I wish it was a little clearer when it says where to download the maps if you have the LE.

raindoc

I bought the map-pass a week ago - how do i access the Crimson DLC now?
according to map-pass info, i should download the DLC via the ingame store, but if i access the XBL marketplace in the main menue there's no Crimson DLC in the list..
it does show up if i go to the wargames menue, select Crimson DLC playlist and let the game take me to the marketplace from there, but then i'd have to pay for it again...

Sorry Ozzy. I know i'm being a bit pissy, but throwing stickies was so ridiculously helpful in BTB and it's one of the things that I really really really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoyed lol. Now I've lost one more way to defend myself in BTB, which makes it one less playlist that i'm interested in jumping into. The current grenade throw is so bad it's depressing.

My nades are brutal. but i do the 3 frag start with explosion. which in turn makes everyones grenades less damaging to me. i just roll them to the feat and shoot the head. or if a room is loaded i spam them all in, pick them off after the explosions. so i have no complaints there.

i get the frustration with stickies in btb though. they have such a feather thrown range. i don't want to stare at the sky to hit a tank mid range.

My nades are brutal. but i do the 3 frag start with explosion. which in turn makes everyones grenades less damaging to me. i just roll them to the feat and shoot the head. or if a room is loaded i spam them all in, pick them off after the explosions. so i have no complaints there.
Right and I get where people aren't as fond of grenades in 4v4 and 5v5 games, but in BTB it's not the same.

EDIT:
according to map-pass info, i should download the DLC via the ingame store, but if i access the XBL marketplace in the main menue there's no Crimson DLC in the list..
it does show up if i go to the wargames menue, select Crimson DLC playlist and let the game take me to the marketplace from there, but then i'd have to pay for it again...
I just got the season pass and i'm also not seeing it anywhere.

Omni

I love the "DO NOT purchase this content here as you will be charged again" warning. Would've been nice if it told us where to go then...

raindoc

I love the "DO NOT purchase this content here as you will be charged again" warning. Would've been nice if it told us where to go then...
Well, they DID tell us where to go (in-game store), but apparently they fucked this up too.

I should have known better.

I paid for my maps months ago but the people buying it now are able to play them while i sit in a lobby waiting for a magic download to appear.

i feel used.

I should have known better.

I paid for my maps months ago but the people buying it now are able to play them while i sit in a lobby waiting for a magic download to appear.

Omni

raindoc

31 now :s

Well they told us to go to the in game store... which then told us not to go to the in game store.

Where does it tell you not to go to the in-game store? There's simply nothing there in my case..

Meanwhile: anyone up for some games or even coop campaign? (I'm still missing 4 missions for the achievement)

That's bad marketing for many who've bought this ahead of time. Not throwing salt into here. Something like this should be resolved fairly quickly I hope.

blamite

Where does it tell you not to go to the in-game store? There's simply nothing there in my case..

It's in the description of the Map pass itself.

This wouldn't be as annoying if someone had at least said, "oh, by the way, when the map pack goes live, it might take an hour or two for map pass owners to be able to access it." The absolute silence on every goddamn thing until after the fact is getting pretty obnoxious.

This wouldn't be as annoying if someone had at least said, "oh, by the way, when the map pack goes live, it might take an hour or two for map pass owners to be able to access it." The absolute silence on every goddamn thing until after the fact is getting pretty obnoxious.

came here to find out why I can't download it. Found my answer, figured it was this. Back to Halo 4

I'm not a fan of the calling for 343's head or suggestions that they did no work.

Whatever about the ultimate (and arguable) quality of the product, I feel confident in believing people worked super hard making it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the flip side, they should be prepared for something like this and have a bulletin article ready to go detailing how this will work the night before, not hours later, especially if there's going to be confusion like the confusion demonstrated above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other flip side, it's a few hours. Not ideal, or even fair or right, but it is a few hours. We should criticise, but reasonably.

Pop

It's really frustrating.

So while map pass owners have to wait, people that out right buy the map pack for 800 get to play right now. Seems fair, right guys?

Omni

I'm not a fan of the calling for 343's head or suggestions that they did no work.

Whatever about the ultimate (and arguable) quality of the product, I feel confident in believing people worked super hard making it.
Yeah. My comment on the other page wasn't intended to suggest that I thought 343i just slacked their way through the development process. We know they worked hard. I was just surprised of how much was outsourced to other companies

(not that you were responding to me.. I just wanted to clear it up)

It's really frustrating.

So while map pass owners have to wait, people that out right buy the map pack for 800 get to play right now. Seems fair, right guys?

Heh. The Limited Edition gets better and better with each day :s

blamite

no, that's the one that specifically tells you to use the in-game store.

Oh I missed a word. >.>

Probably just referring to the fact that the only thing in the store is the version of the map pack that says "DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU OWN THE MAP PASS."
"These maps look like shit!"

"Why can't I download these maps?"

I don't see the contradiction. These aren't the maps some people want but we've already paid for them so is being able to download them too much to ask?

Pop

"These maps look like shit!"

"Why can't I download these maps?"

Oh idk maybe cause I own the map pass can't download while people who out right buy the map pack now get to play. Meanwhile, I'm having to sit here and wait. Good fucking job 343i.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom