• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

No way.

It would be a major tease if we didn't get to drive them.

No more than the tease of "COVENANT CRUISER ABOVE YOU."

"WE'LL SEND SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE IT OUT BECAUSE OUR ENVIRONMENT ARTISTS DONT WANT TO MAKE COVENANT INTERIORS"

Also, how scripted do you think Liches are? I'd love to have Liches appear in SpOps.

DeadNames

Banned
No more than the tease of "COVENANT CRUISER ABOVE YOU."

"WE'LL SEND SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE IT OUT BECAUSE OUR ENVIRONMENT ARTISTS DONT WANT TO MAKE COVENANT INTERIORS"

Also, how scripted do you think Liches are? I'd love to have Liches appear in SpOps.

I don't know... I was kind of expecting the covy cruiser part.

Liches might work in SpOps. Might. Although that Flood looking thing might take the place of it.

_____

Are the new SpOps missions on disc?

Kibbles

Any ETA of the on-disc forge maps integration into MP?

Or any community created forge maps?

CTF and SWAT somehow play on all of the same maps and it has gotten pretty old pretty quickly. I know the map pack is coming out tomorrow, but I doubt all three are going to be integrated into either of my go-to playlists.

I hope they add this version of the Pit (Actually no he needs to make the MLG Version, but the map itself is great)
http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-4-forge-discussion/142318-tartarus-pit-remake-update-1-a.html

Karl2177

I guess I'm here complaining again against senador's wishes. I just went to halowaypoint.com. It took approx 7.068 seconds to load the page on a 15/5 connection. On it I do not see the recent patch notes; but I do see the most recent Update. In it though are mentions of a TU that addresses game issues, not balance issues. Okay that's what I'm looking for. But they say that they won't release what is in it in case it continues to get exploited. Now I have two issues with that. First, that potential to exploit will be up for at most 24 hours. Second, the article has never been updated to say what the TU did.

Now this is on the relevancy of information presented to the player, something that seems to be a major struggle of 343i's. The picture of the Update is the Raptor truck. That's great, it's featured in the article. But as a player looking for patch notes, how relevant is that to me? It's not. Well, the next article is a big thing on Virgin's tournament where the prize is the truck. Why isn't the truck picture featured on the article about the tournament instead of the update?

What constitutes as a major news article? I remember going to Waypoint after a Halo 4 news round up and the main article was about Halo: Reach Ship themed Forge maps. Now this is great if I'm looking for maps that are like ships. But how relevant is that to the average player, especially after news about your upcoming game? It's not. There needs to be a definitive line about what is and isn't headline worthy. I don't think there's much surprise when I say that Bungie did it better.

What about the videos section below the headline reel? It shows popular videos. Why not have the recent Spartan Ops Season 1.5 trailer down there? It will gain more attention in case they miss it when the top reel is cycling. I'm glad Cyren linked it here. I'm like many other players and don't have the attention span to search for patch notes that should be on the front page. Remember that Halo 4 is a game, and that relevant information to that game should be a click away, not buried in menus and searches.

senador

Banned
I guess I'm here complaining again against senador's wishes.

Ha! I'm not against complaining or being negative or venting or disliking the game or etc. Its baseless complaining and crossing the line with rude, offensive, and snide ass remarks I have a problem with. This post of yours was not these things.

I actually think the types of posts I've been describing will actually hurt since 343 may start just ignoring the posters making them more and more as well as communities. That's not a good thing.

It's the snide remarks. Its the beating on every little thing in the game even if it's minor and not a big deal. It's posting links to twitter and posting "GOTY 2012". "It's all terrible" is pretty vague and adds nothing.

I've seen plenty of good feedback, but as soon as you (not you, just figuratively) turn around and list snide bullshit, you kind of discredit yourself. Why would they listen to snide assholes? Who gives a fuck about a bunch of Internet dicks? This community should have more class, until then, why would 343 want to work with us? We're just cynical assholes who hate everything.

I know there's things wrong with this game. Plenty. I enjoy it but doesn't mean I don't want shit fixed or changed and to be communicated to. It's just the demeanor in here I have a problem with. Whatever though, I'm just around less now.

This is me "thanking" this post. Exactly. There is a difference between valid criticism and nit-picking bitchfest.

Noricart

I hope they add this version of the Pit (Actually no he needs to make the MLG Version, but the map itself is great)
http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-4-forge-discussion/142318-tartarus-pit-remake-update-1-a.html

Ehh... It's kinda hard to nail the scale of remakes in Halo 4. They all feel very tight. (I don't know if it's because of the fov or what.)

There are other maps as well (music might not be everybody's thing):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h1rxAvQ4Pc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9sVZfRmmaI

Soo... How about a classic playlist, with classic settings?

Per playlist EXP rankings should be patched in like Halo 3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought so, but it looks like you can go behind the lift, and that's a crate in front too.

I think Abandon will for sure be a Spartan Ops map though.. I remember when they did the IGN Walkthrough of it the 343 dude was reluctant to give more canonical details about the map and told people to wait and see.

DeadNames

Banned

blamite

Has anyone else bought the Season Pass?

I'm really interested in finding out how many people bought the pass separate from the Limited Edition. I know that after seeing the first pack, I can say that I definitely wouldn't have bought the pass if I hadn't gotten it that way.

Mayyhem

Right here. I'm disappointed there are no small maps in the first pack though. Hopefully #2 is all Haven style arena maps.

As someone who bought the LE mostly because It had the season pass I feel the same way. I would have never forked out 800MSP for these 3 maps.

Marzo

Neo Member
I'm really interested in finding out how many people bought the pass separate from the Limited Edition. I know that after seeing the first pack, I can say that I definitely wouldn't have bought the pass if I hadn't gotten it that way.

I bought the season pass. Are you guys playing the maps? It hasn't come out for me.

Hulud

I would almost be willing to forgive all of the new random elements they've added to the game...if I could actually play it without seeing multiple black-screens per match and spartans lag teleporting the split second before I can put the fifth bullet in their heads.

Fracas

#fuckonami
From another thread:

j9GyH.jpg

1 exclusive for Xbox 360 in 2013. Halo 2 Anniversary confirmed? Believe

Tzeentch

Is this an excuse to be a dick? I don't understand your point.
-- Are you being intentionally obtuse?
-- 343i has no good reason to change the system they set up for Halo 4, have a lot invested in it professionally, don't seem too particularly interested in feedback from the community, and have already moved on to work on successor projects now that the game has shipped and the first DLC is ready to drop. It's not good or bad, but I don't see any particular point in trying to entice their reps to pay any special attention to this forum when they are quite happy to ignore them all equally. Indeed, if they did show any special favor here you can imagine the outcry from the other major Halo community hubs.

heckfu

Banned
-- 343i has no good reason to change the system they set up for Halo 4, have a lot invested in it professionally, don't seem too particularly interested in feedback from the community, and have already moved on to work on successor projects now that the game has shipped and the first DLC is ready to drop. It's not good or bad, but I don't see any particular point in trying to entice their reps to pay any special attention to this forum when they are quite happy to ignore them all equally. Indeed, if they did show any special favor here you can imagine the outcry from the other major Halo community hubs.

-- your format is dumb
-- i don't think you have any real evidence to back up the fact that you say they aren't interested in feedback
-- did you see the part where i was making fun of your format?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to, and then the game came out, and then the first map pack was announced, and then I was like no.

I had a dream a bit ago where Haven and Lockout (original one, not Blackout or anything) had a baby for a map and the aesthetic was that of The Cauldron with Covenant weapon crates everywhere. Just posting it in case it happens in the future so when I go on rants saying 343's stealing ideas from my dreams like Nintendo, people don't think I'm crazy.

FyreWulff

It would be the ultimate troll to bookend this gen with Halo 2 anni only to have Live shut down for 360 a couple years into next gen.

They're probably going to do Halo 2 for the 720, then pretend it's the first time Halo 2 ever had achievements.

Then all the achievements will be the same as H2 PC's.

senador

Banned

So you are saying "They are going to change things because of reasons I say, therefore, its OK to be a dick"? That's what it sounds like.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's the strategy to launch a new console IMO, although the 720 has a significant possibility of Battlefield 4 and Destiny being launch window games.

Ok I'll admit, if BF4 supports 64 on the next Xbox or Destiny is a launch title, I pretty much have to buy it. Otherwise, I'll probably wait. I don't even think Halo 5 would sell me on it. Launch windows are usually terrible, and if I get lucky, I can snag a 720 on sale.

heckfu

Banned
Ok I'll admit, if BF4 supports 64 on the next Xbox or Destiny is a launch title, I pretty much have to buy it. Otherwise, I'll probably wait. I don't even think Halo 5 would sell me on it. Launch windows are usually terrible, and if I get lucky, I can snag a 720 on sale.

I'm a sucker for launch day shit.

Also Taco Bell.

(See how I integrated the fast food conversation I wasn't a part of earlier?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom