• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

have you played Rockets in Action Sack yet?

No. But Rockets seems straightforward enough having played in all the Halos so far. I can understand having a bad game or whatever but its easy enough to even get a couple kills even trading off most deaths.

Not trying to insult you in saying this.

Think your getting offended over nothing really.

No. But Rockets seems straightforward enough having played in all the Halos so far. I can understand having a bad game or whatever but its easy enough to even get a couple kills even trading off most deaths.

Not trying to insult you in saying this.

Think your getting offended over nothing really.
it's essentially infinite jetpack with rockets. give it a shot sometime

it's essentially infinite jetpack with rockets. give it a shot sometime

Theres AAs?? That seems a bit stupid. What about perks and shit?

Havent really played 4 since before the new maps dropped. Looked at the maps in a custom on the day and that was it. Addicted to Halo Wars and ODST firefight right now.

Matchmaking, better netcode and ODST Firefight wouldve been god like.

Ramirez

The one that leads to the land of Infinity Slayer Pro and remake of Boneyard.

Oh, THAT track.

p6DeLs2.jpg

Havent really played 4 since before the new maps dropped. Looked at the maps in a custom on the day and that was it. Addicted to Halo Wars and ODST firefight right now.

Pretty sure there are perks, but it is a set loadout. Unlike Fiesta, which is all your own loadouts. With no radar, so camo abuse is abundant.

Nowise10

Essentially, "rockets" isnt even rockets, as rarely anyone uses the actual Rockets and they use the Railgun.

Think Dino Blasters from Halo:Reach Action Sack, but with the Railgun. Its an odd gametype, and its fits Action Sack.
I don't see whats so bad about that. It isnt supposed to be "MLG pr0 competitive 4V4", its just an action sack gametype.

Well.

Binary Slayer just went on my Fave Five list

infinite thruster dance around binary rifle laser sights

Agreed. I completely fucked up a team just by using Thruster + Sword on Complex. It's on my file share if anyone wants to render it.

Is it just me or is Halo 4 shaping up to be the best it's ever been in these ridiculous settings? 343 knows how to make their power weapons.

FyreWulff

I'll be home in a couple hours. I'm down for this if you're still on then.

Taking a break
to watch the Harmonix livestream
. I'll be back on later hopefully, so post if you're still up for it then

You can tell more and more people are realizing the thruster is infinite in that gametype

Duji

I'm so disappointed that we're getting even more big maps that I'm actually considering to sell my 360. Halo 4 is literally the only thing I play on it. I decided to give H4 one more chance with the Castle map pack, but nope. Gonna have to switch my BioShock preorder over to PC. *sigh*

blamite

Operation: DAYBREAK is a cluster of research facilities residing in the scenic highlands on the planet Oban. The map itself is comprised of two such UNSC facilities opposing each other in this large, asymmetrical map. Strategy here is key; teams must split focus between attacking the enemy base while playing close defense to their own.

So much for Daybreak being set on Reach. They're sure getting their use out of those old assets though.

Is 343 going to update their app anytime soon???

Nope, you're supposed to use the web app for Halo 4 stats.

I'm so disappointed that we're getting even more big maps that I'm actually considering to sell my 360. Halo 4 is literally the only thing I play on it. I decided to give H4 one more chance with the Castle map pack, but nope. Gonna have to switch my BioShock preorder over to PC. *sigh*

Lol are you serious? Halo 4 is getting 3 medium to large maps and your thinking of selling your 360?

DeadNames

Banned
Roucks, ground... stuff. It all lookc really similar to old stuff. Maybe a bit of exaggeration, but I was hoping for more new environments. Daybreak looks really similar to some of Reach's environments.

I get ya. Although I really do like the look of the city one and the desert one. I forgot the names.

Team Fiesta needs to lose the loadouts, it makes that gametype abuse central. And is it really so difficult just to make people spawn with random weapons each time with limited ammo?

Akai__

Wasn't there a 343i Sparkast comming out soon? Does anyone have more information on this?

Also, wanted to download some of the the HaloGAF Radio episodes via iPhone Podcasts, but there is always a download error. Does anyone know, how to fix this?

Tawpgun

Team Fiesta needs to lose the loadouts, it makes that gametype abuse central. And is it really so difficult just to make people spawn with random weapons each time with limited ammo?

Dude its fiesta.

If you want to play a more fair and balanced fiesta gamemode go play Infinity Slayer.

FyreWulff

Rockets is the weakest of the three gametypes. It'd be nice if there were forge maps made specifically for it.

Fiesta is somewhere around the middle.

Binary Slayer is the strongest and most Action Sack style. I thought it would be the worst going in, but dancing around the binary rifle shots with infinite thruster and having long dodge-dances in sword-v-sword fights is some fun shit (should probably remove Haven from it's rotation though)

Can't wait for some more objective-style gametypes

Top Bottom