• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Rockets is the weakest of the three gametypes. It'd be nice if there were forge maps made specifically for it.

Fiesta is somewhere around the middle.

Binary Slayer is the strongest and most Action Sack style. I thought it would be the worst going in, but dancing around the binary rifle shots with infinite thruster and having long dodge-dances in sword-v-sword fights is some fun shit (should probably remove Haven from it's rotation though)

Can't wait for some more objective-style gametypes
I miss Plasma Pistols and that Zeus gametype and Sumo

Blueblur1

Wait, Action Sack only has those 3 game types? What the hell? Could it have been so hard to throw in some other simple ones in like Swords and Hammers? Come on, 343. Seriously.

And holy shit Fiesta, err - Infinity Fiesta is terrible. Being able to use Requisition and call in not only multiple power weapons but power-ups too is way more ridiculous than Fiesta ever was. I had a fun little moment where in I called in 2 Overshields back to back followed by a Speedboost. I would have hated to be on the other team with that kind of bullshit going on. Terrible terrible implementation if what was once a fun casual game type.

As a side note, is it me or are the gravity settings modified in Fiesta? It felt like I was jumping higher than normal.

Oh, another side note: Binary Slayer was actually very very fun. I'd like to see more game types like it in Action Sack.

I don't see what the point of commenting that was.

The name is rockets, but most people dont use rockets. Ookay? Congratulations for re pointing that out.

I pointed it out because you and chambers were dissing on the guy and wondering why people don't like "rockets". Besides the fact that one would have to take into account JiP when considering only his kills, how about the fact that maybe people are expecting to play rockets? It's fucking stupid. Your post was just special because in the same breath that you bring up the reason why people are annoyed with rockets, you wonder why people have a problem with the gametype.

blamite

More gametypes are coming soon.

Wasn't that Lightrifle SWAT Flag thing that was supposed to be in Action Sack? It sounded kind of bad but the fact that you were supposed to keep the LR while carrying the flag sounded interesting. I wonder if they had trouble implementing that, or realized it wasn't much fun, or what.

FyreWulff

Pete just needs his own playlist.

I'm sure there would be a Flood of content.

Wasn't that Lightrifle SWAT Flag thing that was supposed to be in Action Sack? It sounded kind of bad but the fact that you were supposed to keep the LR while carrying the flag sounded interesting. I wonder if they had trouble implementing that, or realized it wasn't much fun, or what.

It's coming. I did get confirmation of my prediction that it works like Speedflag*, the flag just gets attached to you.

*At this time

So, you can choose your own loadout in Fiesta... yea that's not Fiesta then. The entire point of Fiesta is that you don't have the slightest clue what you're about to spawn with and you play the hand you're dealt until you acquire a superior weapon from a slain foe or you die and the process restarts.

No, what you've done there, 343, is you've copy pasted the 'Infinity Slayer' gametype, shortened the personal ordnance meter so it fills up after one kill and slapped the word Fiesta on it. If you want to release Infinity Slayer on coke, speed, roids and roofies, do it, but don't call it something it's not.

And the decision to not buy the season pass before the game was even put in the tray is vindicated once more with the revelation that this latest mappack is BTB focused again. Was it too much to ask to toss us one more small 4v4 map? Out of the 9 DLC maps a mere two could be described as small - unacceptable. Even more troubling is the fact that a good portion of the 4v4 maps in Halo 4 are absolute stinkers. Ultimately, when discounting Forge, players who enjoy fast paced 4v4 maps are left with Haven, Monolith and Adrift. That's a piss poor return after a full retail release and three DLC packs.

DeadNames

Banned
So, you can choose your own loadout in Fiesta... yea that's not Fiesta then. The entire point of Fiesta is that you don't have the slightest clue what you're about to spawn with and you play the hand you're dealt until you acquire a superior weapon from a slain foe or you die and the process restarts.

No, what you've done there, 343, is you've copy pasted the 'Infinity Slayer' gametype, shortened the personal ordnance meter so it fills up after one kill and slapped the word Fiesta on it. If you want to release Infinity Slayer on coke, speed, roids and roofies, do it, but don't call it something it's not.

And the decision to not buy the season pass before the game was even put in the tray is vindicated once more with the revelation that this latest mappack is BTB focused again. Was it too much to ask to toss us one more small 4v4 map? Out of the 9 DLC maps a mere two could be described as small - unacceptable. Even more troubling is the fact that a good portion of the 4v4 maps in Halo 4 are absolute stinkers. Ultimately, when discounting Forge, players who enjoy fast paced 4v4 maps are left with Haven, Monolith and Adrift. That's a piss poor return after a full retail release and three DLC packs.

Skyline and Landfall are decent maps. Not with Infinity though. I actually really like Landfall. I think it's a perfect size for Halo 4.

Soooo a lot of shit that was on that Steam list at the same time as Halo got achievements today on steam.

it'shappening.gif

Booshka

As long as you are allowed to buy a Season Pass well after release and into the DLC release windows, I see no reason to pre-purchase a Season Pass before any DLC comes out, or is even announced.

I'm not sure why BTB maps seem to be the focus of so many DLC packs with Halo games, maybe Certain Affinity or 343 just enjoy making BTB maps more, but I would think the community would be better served with at least a 50-50 split for BTB to 4v4 Arena style maps. HaloGAF needs to stop buying DLC packs then rage about them, everyone should be able to tell whether or not they are going to like a map pack from gameplay vids and map walkthroughs.

Skyline and Landfall are decent maps. Not with Infinity though. I actually really like Landfall. I think it's a perfect size for Halo 4.

I like Landfall but it's not really a small map. Skyline is AR central, I created an AR loadout purely for that map once I realised how powerful it is at those confines. I've had mostly bad experiences with the map though the last few games I had, it started to improve. I'll have to play it outside of Infinity to truly see its potential but so far it's been dominated by Ar's, the SAW, Shotgun's and Promethean Vision (which can basically see from end to end of the map). That's a pretty horrible cocktail.

Karl2177

I want this as an avy but no one less than 3's me.

You could even put him in my current avatar. But no.

No.

I said I could do it when I got to a computer that had Photoshop. I've had it done for a while, but completely forgot to upload it, sorry! Check PMs. Also Tashi check PMs as well.

DeadNames

Banned
I like Landfall but it's not really a small map. Skyline is AR central, I created an AR loadout purely for that map once I realised how powerful it is at those confines. I've had mostly bad experiences with the map though the last few games I had, it started to improve. I'll have to play it outside of Infinity to truly see its potential but so far it's been dominated by Ar's, the SAW, Shotgun's and Promethean Vision (which can basically see from end to end of the map). That's a pretty horrible cocktail.

That's the thing. Halo 4 would be fucking awesome if some things were removed/nerfed (Looking at you AR). It has wonderful sounds, animations, graphics, and to be honest maps. The maps just totally suck because of flinch and the DMR and ordnance.

That's the thing. Halo 4 would be fucking awesome if some things were removed/nerfed (Looking at you AR). It has wonderful sounds, animations, graphics, and to be honest maps. The maps just totally suck because of flinch and the DMR and ordnance.

askl;df;lkjahsdkfljhakjdfidljsdfkklf

IHaveIce

Banned
Soooo a lot of shit that was on that Steam list at the same time as Halo got achievements today on steam.
tatml.gif

The thing's TOO good. No point in using the Storm Rifle or the Suppressor.

I use the Storm Rifle occasionally it is pretty good upclose I think

Top Bottom