• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

JackHerer

I just got put into a game through Join-In-Progress where the other team was up 390-0.

How does that even happen. I thought they fixed this?

Its called Waypoint

lolcatsdotcomxy4wwqbmg4sdmujf.jpg

guys. I'm pretty sure its a Criminal Offence not to put my concepts in the game. If we get enough people to sign my e-petition at americaonline.org they have to do it!!

I also started a Kickstarter so that they can do it. I've personally donated $2000 to start things up!

One thing though. im 12. So if I give someone my address and social security number, can you do the legal stuff for me? THANKS! LOL ^_^

-wAhReR (Zealot Commander Extraoirdinare)

Grunt.gif
Grunt.gif
Grunt.gif

Click to go to my Myspace Page! There You Can Learn All About My KSI Spinoff Clan "The Elite Zealot Master Halo Sargents" And How To Join!

Speaking of books iv started a slow read of Sherlock Holmes: A Study in Scarlet. Really enjoying it so far. Its the original version complete with Old English.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So, I had some ideas of my own. My ideas are for vehicles that would be awesome in Halo. They're based off a possible alliance between humans and Covies (possibly led by the Arbiter).

Vehicles:

Since the humans have vehicles named after animals and Covenant vehicles named after supernatural beings (and the Scarab and Locust being named after insects), I decided that Prometheans could have vehicles named after the symbols of Greek/Roman gods, and the good Covies + humans can have vehicles named after mythological creatures (since they're working together).

Promethean vehicles:

Trident: Amphibious vehicle that can float on water and drive on land. Shoots out mother-effin' Forerunner harpoons. 'Nuff said. 1 Driver, 2 Gunners.

Bolt: Air vehicle that can shoot beams directly underneath it that cause massive damage. Require skill to use, as you have to time the shots just right. Can do flips and stuff and can shoot during a flip. 1 Driver

Torch: A land vehicle with a mounted Forerunner catapult-like thing that tosses flaming mortar. Gunner can blast enemies in front with Forerunner fire, but does some damage to the driver, gunner and the vehicle. Similar to a Wraith, but smaller and lighter. 1 Driver, 1 Gunner

Lyre: A small land vehicle that can emit a sonic blast, taking down the shields of all players nearby. Can deploy wings to fly. 1 Driver

Arrow: A small air and water vehicle that can accelerate to high speeds in a short amount of time. When it strikes a player or vehicle, it does massive amounts of damage. Hard to control, and striking a wall/ground could result in death. 1 Driver.

Hammer: A Forerunner tank. Think Scorpion but with Wraith mortar. 1 Driver, 1 Gunner.

Caduceus: Large Forerunner warship with a large beam that can heal Prometheans.

Pomegranate: Forerunner drop pod that spawns Crawlers and a couple of Watchers around it.

Sword: Forerunner equivalent of the Pelican and the Phantom.

Good Covies + Human:

Roc: Successor to the Pelican/Phantom. Similar to the Pelican, but with plasma turrets and shoots out the Phantom mortars. Also can fire lasers that have to be charged up.

Hellhound: A faster Warthog with a mounted Flamethrower. 1 Driver, 1 Gunner.

Chimaera: Slow, tank vehicle. Has a mounted Flamethrower, a plasma turret, and the driver can use a chaingun. 1 Driver, 2 Gunners.

Pegasus: Air vehicle that can shoot jets of pressurised water at enemies. Can deploy wheels to drive on land. 1 Driver, 2 Passengers.

Medusa: Land vehicle that shoots out plasma blasts that can turn players, vehicles, and terrain in the AoE to glass. 1 Driver

Wurm: Air vehicle that can rain fire from the skies. Needs to be timed well to be effective. 1 Driver.

Dolphin: Amphibious vehicle (a reference to the sailors that Dionysus turns to dolphins). Has to the ability to emit an EMP blast that takes down the shields of nearby players and obscures their vision. (a reference to Dionysus being the god of wine)

Charybdis: Water-based vehicle that can create whirlpools that trap nearby players and vehicles. Has a plasma turret. 1 Driver, 1 Gunner

Scylla: Amphibious vehicle that has long plasma tentacle-whip things that can be used to burn through enemies. 1 Driver.

Most of these ideas are pretty crappy, but some of them could work.

VROOM VROOM

I mentioned it in my Project Halysis megapost but my ideal vehicle setup is something like this:

Mongoose
Warthog / Rail Hog (Gauss Turret is replaced with a Railgun identical in function, but with blast radius increased by 150%) / Rocket Hog
Scorpion
Mantis
Falcon

Ghost
Spectre / Needler Spectre
Wraith
Locust (Shows up in Halo Wars. Building killer; has an EMP cannon, mostly good to throw around vehicles but could probably stomp or "boost")
Banshee

And as for Promethean vehicles, in Campaign they start out as ambient Sentinels that can attack you. So, rather than start the "why would Prometheans need vehicles?" complaint, the Prometheans are the vehicles. However, due to the way vehicles regenerate health after a while now, this turns into the boarding mechanic. Once a Promethean vehicle enters a critical state of health, it stops moving to try and heal itself; at this point, you can get close to it and just hit RB to enter it and it'll reconfigure to match you.

Encoder (Chopper replacement. Batcycle mixed with a Light Cycle)
Enforcer (Halo 2-era one, just modified to be a slower, bulky troop transport)

Strato-Sentinel
640px-Strato-Sentinel.png

The Forerunner's equivalent of a mech. It walks around on a tripod rather than floating. No idea what the armaments are, but it'd probably have at least one beam weapon fired from the center and then have "missiles" or some hardlight explosive stored in those two cartridges on the sides.

Tank equivalent: no idea.

And the Promethean aircraft is the Skiff, of course. sogood.gif

Minor difference in that it's renamed the Sylph. It's ultra-dense just like every other Forerunner piece of technology so ramming something at peak speed would probably be more than enough to kill it unless it was a tank. Due to the high speed and defense, it doesn't have crazy-high offensive potential. However, its dual beam cannons have high knockback (like the Chopper's guns) and EMP, meaning it's a nightmare to face in air-to-air combat.

Having read Ghosts of Onyx, I am honestly surprised 343 didn't expand on Sentinels. In the book they combine and form badass machines. Missed opportunity in my honest opinion, and I was actually really bummed not to see them. The floating electronic fart machines don't count.

Lightning CTF is hilarious. Got booted for accidentally betraying someone twice (why is FF even on in this mode), restarted the search and ended back up in the same game. Went 45-18. I'd choose this any day of the week over Infinity CTF, easily.

Obscured

Having read Ghosts of Onyx, I am honestly surprised 343 didn't expand on Sentinels. In the book they combine and form badass machines. Missed opportunity in my honest opinion, and I was actually really bummed not to see them. The floating electronic fart machines don't count.

I actually am fine with what was done, but in general the potential for cool stuff that wasn't fine is immense. Different enemy classes made up of the same base element, and one we are already familar with, but suddenly takes on a new dimension? Awesome.

Rev3rb

Lightning CTF is hilarious. Got booted for accidentally betraying someone twice (why is FF even on in this mode), restarted the search and ended back up in the same game. Went 45-18. I'd choose this any day of the week over Infinity CTF, easily.

Tunavi and I were playing it a few days ago and had a blast.

I don't know if it's sad or hilarious that Action Sack has the best gametypes in Halo 4

probably both

Halo 4 not having a beta was a criminal mistake.

Halo 5 needs a beta and it needs wide community feedback before launch so we don't get infinity bullshit anymore.

It wasn't a mistake. It was strategic. If there was an Infinity Beta half of us would not have bought it. Most would not have bought the LE. Its also the reason we didn't know shit until the game leaked.

They were not changing the game, it worked too, they sold a shit load of Halo 4.

It also failed to a point they had to react because the online population on backlash is so much they fear for their new console and Halo 5. It has zero to do with "community feedback" Its all about getting your Halo 5 dollar.

Lightning CTF is good but the light rifle has a bit too much auto aim so almost anybody will get a kill one or two shots in (makes all battles super short) also respawn is a bit too fast.

For best results when running flag, run it backwards.

went 64-37 pretty fun mode, Halo Action Sack has the best modes so far.

Top Bottom