• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Descoping would be pretty sweet, but I'd almost rather see CSR be in-game. Not that it's an either / or situation.

Madness

You are arguing the exact thing I said. I said Global Ordnance could be improved by making it predictable and not random which you responded with that is shouldn't be random, so I tried to clarify what I meant by not making it random.

What I described would not be random sniper when no one know s it coming, it would be a sniper at an exact moment in time that anyone who had looked at how the map is setup would know is coming. I am not arguing in favor of the halo 4 system with no changes, what I am suggesting is that there are ways to make it predictable and there are a few ways that it could be done and by doing that it would be more fair.

The point I was trying to make is that because of how it makes people feel about it, they should probably find a different approach, even if it does not have overall a huge impact on games (if you were to look at overall statistics). My hope for the next game is I have zero examples of lag effecting the outcome of an encounter.

That wasn't what I was trying to communicate. I tried to explain above.

I don't understand? My issue was with global ordnance as it stands. I don't like the fact it's completely random and leads to unfair matches. You said its alright because while I get screwed over a few matches, I also benefit sometimes so it evens out. Then you say you like the system but that it should be predictable? Isn't that what static ordnance was before? Set weapons spawning at set locations on a set timer.

What was wrong with it how it was in the previous 4 games? It worked pretty well. Also what does lag have to do with anything I said?

Pop

TBH- I hate descoping. But Im also no fan of flinch. I wish there was another way to handle that issue.

mVnQc.gif

They should have made the Forerunners and Prometheans modelled after the enemies from Starship Troopers.

I want to be able to hop in a Wathog and yell, "Lets go kill some bugs!!"

Starship Troopers is such a good movie.

The base defense scene when the Bugs attack and they're waiting for evacuation should be some type of Spartan Ops level against Grunts or the Flood or something.

/wishfulthinking

TBH- I hate descoping. But Im also no fan of flinch. I wish there was another way to handle that issue.

Everything gets blurry when you shoot while scoped and get shot. Boom roasted. No flinch no descope.

Fuchsdh

Everything gets blurry when you shoot while scoped and get shot. Boom roasted. No flinch no descope.

Blurry doesn't change your aim, though, so it's really not much of a disadvantage in medium-range battles. I suppose it could affect long range, where theoretically the other player could strafe, but I think in practice pinging people at long range would be just as bothersome as descoping and flinch.

No I mean like how people shouldn't be able to spawn with plasma pistols, ordnance should've been about indicating when/where weapons spawn not magically gifting people at random, everything is still terrible, no meaning to life, etc.

Oh yeah obviously agreed on that.

Wolf Pack has superior opinions, so that's a given.

Obscured

I don't understand? My issue was with global ordnance as it stands. I don't like the fact it's completely random and leads to unfair matches. You said its alright because while I get screwed over a few matches, I also benefit sometimes so it evens out. Then you say you like the system but that it should be predictable? Isn't that what static ordnance was before? Set weapons spawning at set locations on a set timer.

What was wrong with it how it was in the previous 4 games? It worked pretty well. Also what does lag have to do with anything I said?

Sorry if I wasn't being clear. I was suggesting how I thought global ordnance could be changed to work as opposed to just completely removing it.

And I don't think anything was wrong with how it worked before, but I think there could be an evolution of it. I was glad to see them try, but I don't think it completely worked.

Lag is my own personal priority. Bullshit moments happen more often for me due to connection than some of this other stuff. Whether or not my shot is going to hit or if someone is going to suddenly disappear is more random in the games I've had than some of the mechanics.

Nowise10

I remember when I was like 12 in 2007 and I made a post on Bungie,net asking if their was a way to stop my game from scoping me out in the games menu for Halo 3 as it kept getting me killed.

Man I was bad back then.

Madness

I never knew descoping bothered people. I can see how it's jarring to someone who's never played a halo game before, but it became second nature. I never got used to flinch, and ever since I unlocked stability, I don't use anything else

Descoping>Flinch, especially when it comes to snipers as well.

Booshka

Descoping is practically irrelevant in Halo CE with the Pistol, the magnetism and aim assist doesn't fall off until much farther ranges, so you don't need to constantly scope to get mid-long range shots with accuracy. But, because the aim assist and magnetism was well tuned and not stupid easy, along with there being strict hitboxes and actual strafing, it all worked out for excellent gunplay.

Halo CE's engine solved most of the problems people complain about in later Halo's, but no one remembers because it wasn't on XBL or they were 5 years old. Descoping also is not an issue in Shadowrun because it was built on the Halo CE engine. Descoping only really effects Snipers in both games, which is perfectly fine because it is a power weapon and Pistol/Rifle should be able to ping them out of scope.

Back to arguing about shit Halo though guys.

Descoping is serious business apparently.

Look, I know it adds a layer of skill to the game. I still found it annoying. Not fun. Same with flinch.

Perhaps of DMR fire didn't pop you out of a sniper I wouldn't mind it as much.

Fuchsdh

Look, I know it adds a layer of skill to the game. I still found it annoying. Not fun. Same with flinch.

Don't feel shame. I feels ya.

I definitely think the 3x DMR scope is one of the reasons it bothered me a heck of a lot more, when I never really noticed it as much before Reach, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

Madness

That's the whole point of descoping and why people hate sniper in this game. You don't descope when shot and so it's easy to kill anyone.

Reloading isn't fun either, but there is a reason guns don't have bottomless clips. It's meant to facilitate timed combat and skill. You can't just shit there scoped with a weapon pinging people from a difference the whole time.

If anything, couple a sniper or DMR with stability, which is gives you a no flinch, no descoped experience and you easily have the advantage over everyone.

Flinch really ruins team snipers, I think snipers flinch more when you're shot by another sniper, so it's whoever gets the first shot wins. In the other Halos you at least had a chance to strafe and quickscope them for the headshot or body shot to throw off their second shot.

That's the whole point of descoping and why people hate sniper in this game. You don't descope when shot and so it's easy to kill anyone.

Reloading isn't fun either, but there is a reason guns don't have bottomless clips. It's meant to facilitate timed combat and skill. You can't just shit there scoped with a weapon pinging people from a difference the whole time.

If anything, couple a sniper or DMR with stability, which is gives you a no flinch, no descoped experience and you easily have the advantage over everyone.

Descoping=Reloading now? Last I checked, I don't find reloading to be frustrating.

I hate descope in Reach because the DMR has an incredible range, and the balance is thrown off IMO. I don't mind it at all in Halo 3.. but with the new sandbox I don't like it at all.

Anyways, same pros and cons exist for flinch. I don't like that one either, but I feel like others hate on it because its a CoD thing.

Tawpgun

Descoping=Reloading now? Last I checked, I don't find reloading to be frustrating.

I hate descope in Reach because the DMR has an incredible range, and the balance is thrown off IMO. I don't mind it at all in Halo 3.. but with the new sandbox I don't like it at all.

Anyways, same pros and cons exist for flinch. I don't like that one either, but I feel like others hate on it because its a CoD thing.
De scoping helps to counter the DMR....

The problem with flinch is that it isn't consistent. With descoping you at least know what is going to happen every time you're shot. Flinch is random and unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom