• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booties

Banned
No like it's easy to sit from far and shit on the stream because of a bitrate/resolution issue (I'm not saying it sucks because it totally does) but I saw the prep for this thing with my own eyes and it's an insane amount of work. The live stream was certainly a highlight for me.

What is this?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
No like it's easy to sit from far and shit on the stream because of a bitrate/resolution issue (I'm not saying it sucks because it totally does) but I saw the prep for this thing with my own eyes and it's an insane amount of work. The live stream was certainly a highlight for me.

A black magic, some Mics and openbroadcast software is "an insane amount of work"?

Madness

I don't know if you noticed just how poor the stream was. The only time it was decent quality was when Bravo or Quinn were talking. Otherwise, you couldn't tell what was happening, where shots were landing, who died, etc.

On a related note, we're they receptive to utilizing streaking for the future? What I mean is, having twitch functionality in game like Black Ops II? Or perhaps in game spectating for Halo 5?

u4iX

to be fair, it couldve been twitch. they suck ass sometimes.

It wasn't.

Literally hundreds of other streams broadcasting fine in full high definition that date and time.

I mean, they just didn't prepare enough or didn't have the right people to know what they were doing.

They'll be better prepared next time, I'm sure.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
that doesnt mean poop. if it was getting hit hard and twitch wasnt ready, they couldve lowered the res for bandwidth purposes.

Talents

Banned
People from Arenagaming = get a quite good stream online for hours of the day.

Microsoft employees = shitty stream quality - 1,5 hours.

Dem resources. <3

Regular people who have no connections with companies can run very good quality streams. So what's the excuse for one of Microsoft's "top" companies?

u4iX

that doesnt mean poop. if it was getting hit hard and twitch wasnt ready, they couldve lowered the res for bandwidth purposes.

94nlOpQ.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
http://i.imgur.com/94nlOpQ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This cant honestly be blowing your mind right now. They have different servers for different levels of viewers, it's not a hard concept to understand. If you're a partner with a high viewership record, they give priority.

shit someone at 343 couldve been throttling upload speed because it looks like a torrent. IM JUST FUCKING SAYIN

u4iX

This cant honestly be blowing your mind right now. They have different servers for different levels of viewers, it's not a hard concept to understand. If you're a partner with a high viewership record, they give priority.

shit someone at 343 couldve been throttling upload speed because it looks like a torrent. IM JUST FUCKING SAYIN

UmpOi.gif

Random 343 Employee: "Hey, you know that stream you've been planning for months now? The one where you show off the new weapon tuning? The one we spent thousands flying in people to play? That stream?"

Frankie: "Yeah, what about it?"

Random 343 Employee: "We thought the stream could possibly be a torrent, so we throttled your speed."

u4iX

So part of the Halo Council's forum downtime was to launch this custom game browser.

• We'll be adding some code to the sidebar so the most recently created lobbies will show up on the main forum page.
  • The time that shows will be each user's current timezone.
  • You may set lobbies for a future time or click "now" if you are starting it immediately.
  • You can comment on lobbies to leave any map or testing feedback or to ask for an invite.

Please, give it a try and leave some feedback in our forums here.

I think Dani has one on his website still.

forwarduntodawn.com/chat i think? Someone posted it recently on twitter.

Yeah, that's the right url.

I'm actually getting pretty stoked for the reveal, but yet I probably won't be getting the NextBox for another year. The Red Ring bonanza kinda ruined day one console purchases for me.

Maybe 90 mins is long to you tash but I regularly have 3-4 hour streams. N when you fly out a bunch of people including halo pros you should probably just let em game their hearts out.

Also, hopefully you played a ton more behind scenes because if you only played for that stream, that wasnt enough games at all to give any sort of feedback on the new TU settings.

Yeah it was pretty solid. A good bit of us watched it, actually.

Forward Unto Dawn probably helped get people excited and sold a good few copies. But I'm guessing that's not what you mean Kyle.

Most of us did.

Yes and I think it was a great investment in the Halo franchise for Microsoft to make.
Well... guess I'm alone in this. I'll marathon Forward Unto Dawn today and I'll tell you guys what I think.

It just seemed like a big waste to me to be honest. Didn't seem very good from the trailer and I assumed when they said "It'll tie up with the story of Halo 4" it meant "It'll be a very tiny part of the game that explains a really tiny section/character"

DeadNames

Banned
Well... guess I'm alone in this. I'll marathon Forward Unto Dawn today and I'll tell you guys what I think.

It just seemed like a big waste to me to be honest. Didn't seem very good from the trailer and I assumed when they said "It'll tie up with the story of Halo 4" it meant "It'll be a very tiny part of the game that explains a really tiny section/character"

It's on Netflix... And about the bolded... It's kinda true lol.

Nothing from FUD is noted except one little line from Lasky at the end of the game.

How much was made back after selling FUD movies & Digital version from the Halo 4 LE?

I thought it was pretty good. Of course its mainly bcuz of Hamish Bemish's presence that MADE the whole thing haha

Omni

FuD was pretty cool. I remember a lot of us watched the episodes pre-release and were excited about it. I guess in hindsight it got pretty bad as soon as they put MC in there... But the first half was great.

And hell. It got a lot of people excited about a mediocre game, so it was pretty successful. I would like to see something similar in the future (like that live action thing where they try to find where MC is landing after Halo 2. That thing was badass in all sense of the word)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom