• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

We played a game against him and his crew in 4 once and he just flew around in the Banshee... and he sucked at it, too. Not sure if that means anything, but it was hilarious. "Quinn!!!"

Fracas

#fuckonami
Speaking of local MP, was Halo 4's splitscreen ever fixed? I remember an issue where each player in splitscreen's reticle didn't scale correctly.

TheOddOne

Halo 4 is trash. What now Quinn Mr. "I make multiplayer games 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat"
post-28189-boy-that-escalated-quickly-gif-u08e.gif

I don't know what to feel right now after reading that.. Actually had to send a tweet!

We need to keep talking about CE so maybe the 10 H1 fans out there will get some satisfaction for once.

It is probably true that people LAN CE way more than Halo 2. Also can you remember the backlash from CE fans when H2 came out? H2 was controversial in and of itself.

Of course it's true. If Halo 1 was ever given XBL I think we'd be playing a different Halo 4 right now.

Gui_PT

I don't think you have the right to say any other Halo is trash knowing Halo 4 exists and that you worked on it.

I ain't mad tho

Booshka

2v2, 4v4 and big dumb 12/16 player Big Team Halo CE LANs, 4v4 and 6v6 Shadowrun LANs, ignore every other console shooter, that is all you need.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't think you have the right to say any other Halo is trash knowing Halo 4 exists and that you worked on it.

This. I don't know if my post did sound harsh or disagreeing with him.

I fully respect people who say HCE is better than H2, I grew up with both of them and still prefer H2. But saying H2 is trash and representing Halo 4....

Just too much.

Halo 5 is either going to be the best Halo game since CE/2 or the final nail in the coffin telling fans to never trust Halo devs again.

Truthfact.

Considering a lot of the damage control that happened to Halo 4 in the past few months (too little, too late unfortunately), I think there's reasons to hope. Of course DLC perks and Legendary AR's were also implemented, so there's also reasons to fear and despair. And cry. Like men.

Halo 5 is either going to be the best Halo game since CE/2 or the final nail in the coffin telling fans to never trust Halo devs again.

So they have to make a game that actually reinvents Halo since Halo 2 and give up going for the COD audience or go forward improving with their ideas they planted in Halo 4 and make a decent core gameplay that makes Halo rivals COD's and Battlefield's sandbox

I'll get a code via Amazon for ya if you want.

My hero.

Truthfact.

Considering a lot of the damage control that happened to Halo 4 in the past few months (too little, too late unfortunately), I think there's reasons to hope. Of course DLC perks and Legendary AR's were also implemented, so there's also reasons to fear and despair. And cry. Like men.

That's the thing.. They did some of the same damage control with Reach and even added Camo as a Powerup again, but look what happened in Halo 4.

Halo 5's development process is sureee going to be interesting once they start releasing more info. Halo fans these days are QUICK to call things out and are less tolerant of that PR train. Can't wait to see the uproar if they bring back the Camo AA lol

Wasn't he responsible or at least justified some of the design changes in Gears judgement?

Changes that killed that fan base and put the entire franchise on hiatus?

Yes he was, much like what Josh Holmes did to Turok :'[

It's kind of ironic that everything's been trying to be a Halo-killer and yet 343 industries is now composed almost entirely of head staff that developed franchise killers.

Should have known you already posted this haha.

Wasn't he responsible or at least justified some of the design changes in Gears judgement?

Changes that killed that fan base and put the entire franchise on hiatus?

I think he did have some role in the disappointing Judgment multiplayer, but that game had a plethora of reasons for ending up the way it did. Epic losing so many key developers, no marketing, released too soon following Gears 3, two separate teams making half the games(PCF on SP, Epic on MP), not enough development time, and released too close to new consoles.

Quinn knew what he was saying and that it would rile people up.
Hell, I commend him for laying his opinions out there. Too often it feels like stuff goes unsaid*.

*This is a safer example than the kind of stuff I'm talking about

Compared to CE LANs they are.

Opinions are a wonderful thing. I'm happy to never playing Halo CE MP again. Slow movement, Gameplay dominated by a 3sk weapon and indestructable vehicles.

Halo 2's refinements to the MP sat perfectly well with me, I'll play that any day of the week.

Sure I might be in the minority but Halo CE just feels dated to me now.

Ken

To celebrate the pre-order availability of the #Halo4 Game of the Year Edition, we’re excited to share that you can now spiff up your Xbox LIVE avatar with brand new Fireteam Majestic Armors!

well that's silly

Don't get me wrong, I love halo 2. it's just that LAN is the only way to properly play halo CE. Imo it's a waste of LAN time to play halo 2 when you play it whenever you want online (xbc/kai/Vista)

Just my opinion though.

Opinions are a wonderful thing. I'm happy to never playing Halo CE MP again. Slow movement, Gameplay dominated by a 3sk weapon and indestructable vehicles.

Halo 2's refinements to the MP sat perfectly well with me, I'll play that any day of the week.

Sure I might be in the minority but Halo CE just feels dated to me now.
CE's movement speeds were faster than Halo 2. It was the little bit of slip that made them feel a little off in comparison to later entries.

The new Pokemon games come out in a week, and I want to do some tradin' and battlin' with HaloGAF kids. My FC is 0748-2045-5883. Add me~ <3.

And good luck with customs tonight! I can't join in, but I'm stoked that it's going again.
Added. My FC's 0516-7269-7320. Do you by chance play Animal Crossing?

Got some numbers? Not calling you wrong just curious to see by what %

While not raw data, this video shows that each Bungie game got a little bit slower until Reach had its pretty big drop off. This post shows some of the different speed relationships between Halo 3 and Reach, but doesn't go much into the other games. I'll keep looking around, but this should suffice fro the time being.

I do remember seeing better info on exact settings a long time ago though.

Top Bottom