• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckfu

Banned
picgifs-jurassic-park-8524608.gif

Omni

I don't think it matters how much a person posts. As long as they're not shitting up the thread like Chettlar a certain member did that one time, just spouting the same nonsense over and over, who really cares?

But I'm a ToysRUs kid, it was explained to me (with a very catchy song) that I didn't have to grow up.

Old people take everything too seriously, talk about their snot-nosed kids all the goddamned time (I can stare at grapes too, what the fuck happened to our friendship??), and smell like boxed wine mixed with judgment. barf

You never fail to crack me up Squid. You have a fine wit sir.

Reminds me of an Alan Partridge line from one of his radio listeners: "I like to let the towels dry on the radiators while I settle down with a box of wine and watch reruns of cash in the attic until I fall asleep". Wine in a box is awful.

Do people not know that zoojoo still posts in this thread? And yes, there is such a thing as posting too much. This is not a blog, but it turns into one at times when we are starved for halo news. You just went on a crazy date? That's cool, go post about it in off-topic unless a dude in a master chief suit tackled you.

Ramirez

Do people not know that zoojoo still posts in this thread? And yes, there is such a thing as posting too much. This is not a blog, but it turns into one at times when we are starved for halo news. You just went on a crazy date? That's cool, go post about it in off-topic unless a dude in a master chief suit tackled you.

The only worst kept secret than zoojoo posting in here still, is Halo 2 Anny this fall.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Kylej compares gender dsyphoria to ass hair, once again showing a complete lack of empathy. Actual sociopath?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why did someone's personal issues that they are going to get overly defensive about need to be brought up?
That's a different conversation. Kylej responded by yet again belittling someone going through gender / mental struggles and yall pat him on the back. It's fucking gross.

Computron

Does it really bother people that some have a lot of posts?

Yes. Everyone should have an allotted allowance of 2 posts per week with:
  • A maximum of 26 characters (Just enough to express how you truly feel)
  • One animated .GIF (consisting of no more than 3 seconds / 180 frames/3MBs, whichever limit is reached first)
  • A caption for said .GIF consisting of no more than a few words

For example:

Halo 4 is not a good game.

ralph-fail.gif
"Halo 4"​

There, see? It will save so much time!

I look forward to our future discussions.

Mistel

Banned
That's a different conversation. Kylej responded by yet again belittling someone going through gender / mental struggles and yall pat him on the back. It's fucking gross.
Not like this isn't the first time something like this has happened if I recall correctly...

Anyone got any problems you want me to belittle? As some of you really seem to enjoy it, you must get real satisfaction from it picking on people with mental or physical problems.

And if you can't tell, I'm more than a little bit upset.

Ramirez

Go for a walk, and remember this is just an internet message board. Becoming too involved with something so silly can really be a bad thing.

And trust me when I say, we all have problems, and most of the time they're better off not being brought into a community about Halo.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Go for a walk, and remember this is just an internet message board. Becoming too involved with something so silly can really be a bad thing.

And trust me when I say, we all have problems, and most of the time they're better off not being brought into a community about Halo.

Yeah I honestly can't tell if people are being serious or fucking around anymore. This is getting so meta for me. I love it.

KE0zhVN.gif

Ora

Banned
Not like this isn't the first time something like this has happened if I recall correctly...

Anyone got any problems you want me to belittle? As some of you really seem to enjoy it, you must get real satisfaction from it picking on people with mental or physical problems.

And if you can't tell, I'm more than a little bit upset.

-knows issues arose last time someone brought up gender identity issues

-knows that a certain member in particular offended the poster who brought them up

-brings up own gender identity issues as a response directly to the person who offended the poster last time

-gets offended when the outcome is similar to the last time

-insanity?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

-knows that a certain member in particular offended the poster who brought them up

-brings up own gender identity issues as a response directly to the person who offended the poster last time

-insanity?

And yet Stormtrooper isn't banned for flamebaiting. Masterful work

txmWy.jpg

-insanity?

Shooting for another alt?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

-insanity?
You're blaming Stormtrooper for Kyle's behavior, which you acknowledge is recurring and predictable.

People are so quick to say "don't be so sensitive" but don't say shit to Kyle for being insensitive. And honestly, Kyle's behavior has gone way past insensitive. He literally makes HaloGAF less safe.

heckfu

Banned
You're blaming Stormtrooper for Kyle's behavior, which you acknowledge is recurring and predictable.

People are so quick to say "don't be so sensitive" but don't say shit to Kyle for being insensitive. And honestly, Kyle's behavior has gone way past insensitive. He literally makes HaloGAF less safe.

I don't think he's blaming Stormtrooper for Kyle's behavior so much as he's saying she shouldn't be surprised baiting someone with a history for not taking the internet seriously. Kyle literally said NOTHING about her battles with gender dysphoria but she brought it up anyway to a joke post about getting a job instead of posting 1,000 times in a thread. This isn't my battle and would rather stay out so I don't get banned, too, but it sucks that we actually lost Kyle for good this time.

Hahah.

my ass hair is like swamp reeds in a cambodian jungle so I understand
wow

Haven't entirely kept up with the newest books/comics, but was any light ever shed on that ship that crashed on installation 4 in the CEA terminals?

Did half of halogaf just get banned?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think he's blaming Stormtrooper for Kyle's behavior so much as he's saying she shouldn't be surprised baiting someone with a history for not taking the internet seriously. Kyle literally said NOTHING about her battles with gender dysphoria but she brought it up anyway to a joke post about getting a job instead of posting 1,000 times in a thread. This isn't my battle and would rather stay out so I don't get banned, too, but it sucks that we actually lost Kyle for good this time.
I don't know why Stormtrooper brought up gender stuff, but I'm assuming it was to infuse a little humanity into Kyle's "get a job" joke. That joke was cool with me, but it may have hurt her, and she responded defensively. Which is whatever to me. It's neither bad nor good. Then Kyle takes it into dehumanizing territory, which he's done countless times in the past, forgetting (or not caring) that there's an actual human being on the receiving end of his comments.

I've let dozens of shitty things slide without commenting on them over the past few months of reading HaloGAF again, but Kyle's behavior and the defense squad behind it is just too awful to go unchecked. I'm glad he's banned. He obviously wasn't able to grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom