• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Objective to have 0.5 second respawn time.

511001748_881f933034_o.gif

Ramirez

And what examples did you experience that you can share with the gang?

No one has played 4 here, but we've all played CoD, and instant respawns are a huge part of why that game is such a clusterf*ck. I won't flat out say it won't work until you guys talk about how you've done it differently, but no game thus far has had instant respawns and still managed to be a good, balanced, competitive game.

Halo 4 orchestral preview now on youtube for easy access.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMqf_Cpt9do

Did nothing for me...more concept art trailer alien music, less this. :p

FL1Psyde

Neo Member
No one has played 4 here, but we've all played CoD, and instant respawns are a huge part of why that game is such a clusterf*ck. I won't flat out say it won't work until you guys talk about how you've done it differently, but no game thus far has had instant respawns and still managed to be a good, balanced, competitive game.

and if its anything like H3/Reach octagon insta-spawns it will be a major clusterf#ck

Risen

but we've all played CoD, and instant respawns are a huge part of why that game is such a clusterf*ck. I won't flat out say it won't work until you guys talk about how you've done it differently, but no game thus far has had instant respawns and still managed to be a good, balanced, competitive game.
P

So wrong lol and in specific objective game types (say CTF) you don't get instant spawns, even in the default game. In other objectives in CoD, it would make the game play WORSE. Take Demolition... bombs would absolutely NEVER be armed by the offensive team due to the way spawn areas work if there were 3-5 second respawns. There would be weeping and gnashing of teeth at all the spawn traps that occur.

The instant respawn in CoD works well to speed up the game. It means you have to think faster and make more decisions in a shorter amount of time both individually and as a team.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wish HaloGAF was an actual ivory tower with a pony stable out the front.
We can all move to Detroit and buy an apartment building for a hundred dollars. Dunno where we're gonna find rainbow ponies, though. Tashi will have to take care of that.

We would have such epic LAN bro downs.

Ramirez

The instant respawn in CoD works well to speed up the game. It means you have to think faster and make more decisions in a shorter amount of time both individually and as a team.

Yea and it also means you have people spawning behind you constantly all game. I know you some how enjoy MW3, but don't try to tell me the spawning system is good, ugh. The game will literally spawn you in the exact same location that you died multiple times a match, it's the worst spawning system I've ever had to endure in a game. That's without even getting into the mess of killstreaks and spawning into them.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Post or text when y'all hop on... I'll take a break from work and jump on too.

On right now. Only playing for an hour though, got the Mets at 4.

edit; It's not required Ram. It does give you a warning if you don't have it though.

Risen

Yea and it also means you have people spawning behind you constantly all game. I know you some how enjoy MW3, but don't try to tell me the spawning system is good, ugh. The game will literally spawn you in the exact same location that you died multiple times a match, it's the worst spawning system I've ever had to endure in a game. That's without even getting into the mess of killstreaks and spawning into them.

I can say emphatically that I am rarely surprised by a spawn. It happens, but it happens in Halo too.

I can call a spawn in CoD with relative certainty. You are surprised at their spawn because you don't know when/where/how they'll spawn based on the game type at hand. If they are spawning behind you and you don't know it, that's your bad.

Come play with me and a few of the very good players I play with some night and I'll show you... like Halo, it's all based on what's going on at the time. Where your team is, where the other team is, and what locations are open based on that. And it changes with game type...

Sure it gets busted... but that's going to happen no matter the system, particularly online.

You can set up and control spawns all game long in CoD. You definitely will not have that experience playing alone with a team full of randoms. Just like in Halo, it turns into an FFA.

The more I listen to the music samples from Halo 4, the more I like them. Some of it is sort of generic "action-adventure movie" stuff, but keep in mind, there is a lot of game to fill and not all of it is going to involve exploring mysterious alien structures. I'm sure Neil is operating under the mandate of "more and different" so that 343 has plenty of music to blend into the game.

It will be interesting to see if there is a bump in Massive Attack's back catalog when the OST releases.

Top Bottom