• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Ramirez

Anyone have any experience with the Kindle Fire/Nook Tablet? My wife wants one, and I was gonna get her one for Mother's Day, I'm leaning towards the $250 model Nook Tablet, can anyone HALP?

You have to go through the Halo-GAF initiation phase before you can be accepted. It's a small questionnaire, nothing physically taxing.

1. What are your feelings on the video game titled "Halo: Reach"? Be as long-winded or concise as you require or feel is needed.

2. Do you actually play Halo? Like, seriously? Because we don't do that here. Except Elzar, but you don't wanna be that guy, trust me.

3. How do you feel about the term "d-muncher"? Are you offended by it?

4. If you're not Danny, then just who the hell are you!?

5. Did you bring enough biscuits to share with the rest of the class?

1. I loved the campaign, even though it was just random snippets instead of a cohesive plot. It kinda plays off of the found-footage genre but it allows for a wide variety of locations. I honestly like the multiplayer the best because of the weapon set and I feel like the engine becomes more refined through each iteration.

2. Yes, I play a few days a week here and there. I replay campaign missions from random games from time to time.

3. Uhh I don't see why I should be offended.

5. Unfortunately no.

Anyone have any experience with the Kindle Fire/Nook Tablet? My wife wants one, and I was gonna get her one for Mother's Day, I'm leaning towards the $250 model Nook Tablet, can anyone HALP?

I have an old Kindle and the gf has a plain old boring Nook (just for reading), but a friend got the Fire and swears by it. I would describe him as a media enthusiast but not a tech enthusiast. The major selling point of the Fire vs. the Nook for him was Amazon's overall trajectory as a company. He felt more comfortable keeping his data with them and dealing with their customer service rather than B&N's.

I was looking at getting a media tablet (iPad/Nook/Fire) but ultimately went for the laptop/smartphone option instead.

That's all I know.

heckfu

Banned
Holy geez, going to see the Avengers right now and they showed the Prometheus and Dark Knight Rises trailers back to back and I have a major erection.

I'm so sorry.

Homeboyd

Holy geez, going to see the Avengers right now and they showed the Prometheus and Dark Knight Rises trailers back to back and I have a major erection.

I'm so sorry.
You posting from the theater?

Also,
images

Don't know how else to say this. Frankie isn't gone, just not posting for a bit.

I can say without a doubt he loves the entire GAF forum, he's one of the more frequent users in general. He just sent me a PM about cool stuff a bit ago.

In short, he'll be back. Don't hate on bobs

OverHeat

« generous god »
:(

edit: damn, is this "jump on halo 4" night? lol
edit edit: thinking about buying the walking dead game, anyone here played it? i enjoyed the demo quite a bit. reminded me of heavy rain for some reason
Cool game ( walking dead) the choice you make have real impact for 400 ms go for it

Fracas

#fuckonami
Cool game ( walking dead) the choice you make have real impact for 400 ms go for it

Is there any kind of "season pass" I can get for it? If I buy the 1st episode, I know I'll end up buying all of them. Kind of curious which characters from the show are going to appear

Havok

Is there any kind of "season pass" I can get for it? If I buy the 1st episode, I know I'll end up buying all of them. Kind of curious which characters from the show are going to appear
Not for the 360 version, it's all episodic ala carte via their DLC slots (so they don't have to go through normal cert processes), but the PC version is the whole-season payment model.

Pay-as-you-go is probably a smarter way to go about it, considering the tendency I have to lose interest after Episode 3 or so of every one of their series.

heckfu

Banned
why don't I have any new PMs????

p.s. did you see the lolla lineup. i'm gonna get screwed over in a bad way on sunday. kaskade/justice/florence/jack white are closing :(
Justice is by far the easy pick there, buddy.

Avengers is easily the best superhero movie ever created.

Finally, I'll be on halo in a bit. I'm feelin foxy.

Top Bottom