• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

FyreWulff

Why is it I can destroy the dropships in Halo 3 and ODST but not Reach? Feels like a step backwards.

You couldn't blow them up in ODST's Firefight. (Besides the glitched one in Rally Point)

Jonnyothan also mentioned that they have collisions turned off so the AI doesn't bump them into the world and a framerate massacre occurs. I don't know if the Halo engine supports suddenly turning collisions back on for something once it gets to a destroyed state.

FyreWulff

Obviously talking about campaign here. Don't be a smartass! :p

Well they did rebuild everything in their own words.. .Same thing about the Scarabs, and dmiller's answer of why you can't kill the Scarabs, because Reach doesn't actually have Scarabs in the engine anymore, they're just scripted geometry.

tl;dr i dunno lol

Maybe just make it canon that the Covies upgraded their ships between Halo 2 and 3, at the expense of being prone to exploding after enough punishment

I'm posting this from a BTB match where the other team (all Inheritors ) warned my team (of whom 3 dropped out before the match began) that they planned to objective hold us and "wreck our kd's." So I'm now the only guy left and I'm just hiding. And they're still refusing to cap the last flag, lol.

I'm posting this from a BTB match where the other team (all Inheritors ) warned my team (of whom 3 dropped out before the match began) that they planned to objective hold us an "wreck our kd's." So I'm now the only guy left and I'm just hiding. And they're still refusing to cap the last flag, lol.
oh, you're that guy?

heckfu

Banned
I'm posting this from a BTB match where the other team (all Inheritors ) warned my team (of whom 3 dropped out before the match began) that they planned to objective hold us an "wreck our kd's." So I'm now the only guy left and I'm just hiding. And they're still refusing to cap the last flag, lol.
I can see your halo honor all the way from Alabama.

FyreWulff

I'm posting this from a BTB match where the other team (all Inheritors ) warned my team (of whom 3 dropped out before the match began) that they planned to objective hold us and "wreck our kd's." So I'm now the only guy left and I'm just hiding. And they're still refusing to cap the last flag, lol.

You should inform them that this particular game only counts for <1% of your total career stats, and their influence on such can be mathematically demonstrated as a rounding error.

Then they'll take your lunch money.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Link to the game?

I always felt like Reach was a spin-off dressed up as a major title.

Anyone here watch Awake?
Just watched the most recent episode.. it was some of the best of TV ever.

Guess I have to start watching again!

It is a bit procedural a few episodes, but some of them are really awesome.
This newest one especially was phenomenal.

Sai-kun

Banned
I always felt like Reach was a spin-off dressed up as a major title.

Anyone here watch Awake?
Just watched the most recent episode.. it was some of the best of TV ever.

I stopped at episode 4 cuz it didn't seem like it was really going anywhere. Guess I have to start watching again!

Quite random but I was just messing around on Spire and noticed both tier 1 objective covenant devices can be somewhat damaged or destroyed.

I already blew up Bravo (the tall purple thingy) with focused plasma turret fire and nades.

What's funny is I haven't been able to destroy Alpha because it has SHIELDS! Anyway, I was able to destroy it in forge by smashing a spawn point agains it, other funny fact is: once destroyed the model shown will be the same as the jammers found on New Alexandria.

Just wanted to share this with HaloGAF.

Late night.

Time for the wolves!
Let's do this!
(welcome) What kind of change do you want?
What changes that happened over the past 5 games did you like?
I was just about to ask the same thing. When someone says they don't think a game has changed enough to interest them, I take that to mean they never really cared for the game in the first place. I think it might be time to move on after 10 years. Or put it this way: I'm not a big fan of McDonald's, but I'm not waiting for it to become Five Guys, either.

I was just about to ask the same thing. When someone says they don't think a game has changed enough to interest them, I take that to mean they never really cared for the game in the first place. I think it might be time to move on after 10 years. Or put it this way: I'm not a big fan of McDonald's, but I'm not waiting for it to become Five Guys, either.
True, but it sounds like you swing too far in the opposite direction for me.
I want some change.

I don't want the 9 level predictable (the vehicle level, the stealth level) format Campaign either. I do want to be surprised by some of the gameplay and structure of the Campaign.

True, but it sounds like you swing too far in the opposite direction for me.
I want some change.

I don't want the 9 level predictable (the vehicle level, the stealth level) format Campaign either. I do want to be surprised by some of the gameplay and structure of the Campaign.
Yeah. I'm more conservative when it comes to changes with multiplayer. But as far as campaign goes, I think it's time for a huge change. I'd like to be surprised as many times as possible, but in a good way obviously.
I lol'd when he wrapped his arms around the fat guy to cushion his fall.
I just liked watching him fall off tables.

Well the past two days were quite entertaining, I wonder what today holds for us?
img1.jpg

Halo hippo why won't you date me?
You'd rather waste your time swimmin in the sea.
I love your flubbery loins and soft rubber skin.
If I had a choice, I'd do it all again.
Halo hippo halo hippo stop teasing me!
Let's get married in Waikiki.

OOOH yeahh my beautful pork rind. Let's bathe in mud. When you stink like poo you're smellin good. OOOOH yeah my beautiful pork rind.

OOOH yeahh my beautful pork rind. Let's bathe in mud. When you stink like poo you're smellin good. OOOOH yeah my beautiful pork rind.

loltiger.gif

ZalinKrow

img1.jpg

Well today is off to a good start haha

ZalinKrow

I just played Minecraft for almost four hours straight. It is so good.

I only have the trial still, but me and Hydra are definitely gonna pick up the full game I'd say. I've played through the trial a few times now, much more fun than I thought it was going to be :p The fact that it's split screen was a pretty huge plus aswell :)

I'm thinking about getting it. I have it for pc but I want it on xbox because that's where most of my friends are. How are the controls?

I've never played it on pc, so I can't compare the controls to that or anything. But I found the controls pretty easy to get the hang of :) The interface with the inventory confused me at first, sometimes it was hard to tell if something was created or not, but other than that it was generally quite simple to get into.

Yep, the inventory system is a bit clunky, it's pretty much the same inventory interface as the pc cersion except you're controlling the mouse pointer with the sticks. Aside from that, it controls really well. Cycle through items with the bumpers and interact with the world with the two triggers.

ZalinKrow

2 posts in one day Zalin? Someone's desperate to get to member status. :p

You shut your mouth boy. Plus I've exams, that's generally why my procrastinating has lead me here more than usual haha :p Although believe it or not I've done a nice amount of work already this morning. When you on Halo? I want to get some games in before I head out later.

You shut your mouth boy. Plus I've exams, that's generally why my procrastinating has lead me here more than usual haha :p Although believe it or not I've done a nice amount of work already this morning. When you on Halo? I want to get some games in before I head out later.

When do you head out? Got Deus Ex to play today! It better be good Robbert and Myyke!

With your refined taste, you'll probably throw it away after 1 hour :p

Fixed. :p

Top Bottom