• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Tunavi

Banned
Oh shit Blood, don't get your buddy in to trouble.

This is pretty awesome. I just bought me a new mountain bike Saturday. Bike's are so damn expensive, but a to of fun.

Edit: Pic:
fbGKxl.jpg
how much?

I guess I didn't think it would be a big deal. Omlet and Devo talked about getting to see the game, Wu gave his opinion on getting to play. I will hold off though until I hear something. Like I said I am sure it isn't any different than what Wu played.

Kibbles

Got about three hours in tonight. I am sure it is the same build as Wu and those HBO guys played. It goes until the 25th so I will get some more time with it. I don't really know yet what the rules are for posting opinions.

Edit: just to clarify it isn't my account. So I have to go over to my buddies place who is MS.

You got to remake this now to drive everyone nuts ->http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/full-hd-halo-3-zanzibar-leak/59795 Complete in SD with black bars and music.

CyReN

I guess I didn't think it would be a big deal. Omlet and Devo talked about getting to see the game, Wu gave his opinion on getting to play. I will hold off though until I hear something. Like I said I am sure it isn't any different than what Wu played.

If it's ok with Frank/Ellis/etc I'd love to hear impressions.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's cool Captain. Exactly what Cyren said.

I didn't say I was proud, but I do well enough to win more than lose, which adds a lot to my base enjoyment of the game. I feel like I have a good grip on the gameplay. I didn't mean to imply that I could play professionally or anything.

That's a really low benchmark for judging something, that's like saying a book is really enjoyable I'f the plot Is straightforward. Biff and Chip would be the new Shakespeare.

I'm semi joking, but I find that with reach even if I do well, I don't enjoy it as much as say a game I might not be so good at. I'm not trying to demean your opinion btw, I was joking before about liking 100% bloom being a bad opinion, I was just curious why you liked it and made a bad joke as part of that.

Edit: Pretty awesome Blood got to play the game. I wonder how widespread the beta is. Like what level you have to be to get in, I assume only the senior management type guys would be trusted, but most of those guys probably don't play Halo or video games anyway, if your reading this bill gates I'll buy your h4 beta access for 2100ms points!

Trey

Glad somebody is lighting a fire under Bungie's ass. You eat what you kill. Reach was sloppy as shit and ODST was disappointing, they got too comfortable in their abandoned movie theater complex. I expect good things to come out of this.

Because the game launched twenty bucks more than it should have? Could have waited a month or so for a non-essential side story campaign which was rock solid in every facet but price to fall within a reasonable price range.

Got about three hours in tonight. I am sure it is the same build as Wu and those HBO guys played. It goes until the 25th so I will get some more time with it. I don't really know yet what the rules are for posting opinions.

Edit: just to clarify it isn't my account. So I have to go over to my buddies place who is MS.
You lucky man!

Can you check if using hologram while sprinting will render the hologram using it?

Still way too far away. Might as well be 10 years. Roughly 11 days til Microsoft's E3 press conference. I can stomach that one a little easier ;)

Good call. Very good call, I get my paid vacation from work that week(Had to take sometime between Apr and Aug), completely coincidental and I couldn't be any happier.

Don't ever let me play halo while drunk ever again. Especially MLG. Shit was a w f u l. I felt so bad for being terrible.
You let your teammates down, Sai...
g600871547.gif

Good call. Very good call, I get my paid vacation from work that week(Had to take sometime between Apr and Aug), completely coincidental and I couldn't be any happier.
That will be nice. You can kick back and enjoy. I work nights, so I should be able to follow a lot of it. But I'll need to sleep at some point during the day and then catch up on what I missed later.

J10

Banned
That's a really low benchmark for judging something, that's like saying a book is really enjoyable I'f the plot Is straightforward. Biff and Chip would be the new Shakespeare.

I'm semi joking, but I find that with reach even if I do well, I don't enjoy it as much as say a game I might not be so good at. I'm not trying to demean your opinion btw, I was joking before about liking 100% bloom being a bad opinion, I was just curious why you liked it and made a bad joke as part of that.

That wasn't a benchmark. I didn't say I enjoyed it because I do well. I said that doing well adds to my enjoyment. Winning is more fun than losing, part of winning is pacing my shots at range and I can tell that I do worse when not pacing shots. I feel like I'm pretty good at pacing my shots and using the mechanic to my advantage. I don't know what else to say. Bloom feels fine to me.

TheOddOne

That Microsoft store pre-order page is a mess. Let me fix that.
Halo 4 Limited Edition

The Master Chief returns to battle an ancient evil bent on vengeance and annihilation. Shipwrecked on a mysterious world, faced with new enemies and deadly technology, the universe will never be the same. Enlist aboard the UNSC Infinity to experience Halo’s original multiplayer and Spartan Ops—episodic fiction-based co-op missions.

Limited Edition includes:
  • War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps—three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE
  • Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career.
  • In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
  • The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity
Digital content also included:
  • Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
  • Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
  • Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
  • Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
  • Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
  • An exclusive in-game emblem
  • Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
  • Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*
  • The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan-IVs.
About Halo 4:
  • The Reclaimer Saga begins: Experience the dawn of an epic new Halo adventure, solo or split screen with up to three friendsExtend your campaign experience in a massive-scale adventure that builds upon the “Halo 4” Campaign. Receive a weekly series of cinematic episodes on Xbox LIVE followed by new game play missions,played solo or cooperatively with up to three friends—effectively delivering two campaign experiences in one game
  • Track your groups, stats and scores on HaloWaypoint.com
  • Halo 4’s Infinity Multiplayer features a vastly expanded suite of multiplayer modes, weapons, vehicles, armor abilities, a new loadout and Spartan-IV player progression system
  • Battle the competition in fresh, immersive new game modes and strategies
  • Edge-of-your-seat Entertainment: Immerse yourself in Halo 4’s graphics, sound and epic game play including a mysterious and deadly new class of enemies
I would guess custom skins are in? Also, exclusive emblem? How "exclusive" is it?

Well there'll probably be about half a million Limited Editions, so I'd say "not very".

Half a million limited editions 10 million xbl players if 20% of those buy Halo 4 then the skin is going to be 1 in 40 players thats pretty rare.

Yay. I think that price should please Blue.

Edit: For people who want to order from amazon uk, go here.

Thanks for that i just ordered it with amazon, (shopto wouldnt let me for some reason) Got first class so i should get it by release day.

Halo 4 LE is 70 euros on amazon which is the price of a regular game here in Portugal. BOUGHT

Wouldn't shipping costs be pretty high? I mean, I can get free shipping on any order over €25 on Amazon.co.uk, but shit usually arrives pretty late when I do.

Shadders

I don't think the Bungie deal is so bad, Activision are just protecting their assets.

The amount of money Bungie are getting is totally insane.

$1m just to make ViDocs!

Top Bottom