• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
OK, E3 can't come soon enough:

pQLBA.png

Tell me about it.

Gears 4 AND Halo 4 in the same conference? No store could carry enough pants to compensate for the massive damage in real time.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Tell me about it.

Gears 4 AND Halo 4 in the same conference? No store could carry enough pants to compensate for the massive damage in real time.

It's not Gears 4, it's a prequel by People Can Fly.

I'd assume 4 is next gen.

seems like titles are in
All I see is a green bar showing emblem, name, and the weapon he has. Not really like MW with pictures of stuff in the back.

Kind of a minor gripe but as of now I don't like the look of the various weapon reticles. They are subject to change but they look weird and unhelpful as to where your aiming. Another thing I wanted to say is doesn't it look like they are reusing gun assets from reach? An example is the rail gun looking like the concussion rifle from reach just modified.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm really liking the overall aesthetic of Wraparound.

And kittens, if you do go dark, I'll tweet non spoilery multiplayer/SpOps stuff if you want.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
They're subtle and hard to see, but if you look hard enough you should be able to find them.

Modern-Warfare-3-Bolt-action-L118A-+-Barrett-Sniper-gameplay-MW3-Call-of-duty.jpg

that is far worse than what we've seen with halo 4, with much larger text and you know what? it wasnt even all that distracting in cod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-I_NRe7OMY&feature=youtu.be

Wat? WAT? (new video)

AR looks strong as hell and dat grenade pistol.

By far the best of these leaks is the movement speed.

I wonder if the Beta build is going to be at E3 or if it's a newer build. (Isn't the Beta build from February?)

I read that, but it seems baffling that the current build they are testing with MS would be from February. Doesn't seem to be the useful if the build was that old.

daedalius

They said halo 3 was the target for movement speed, but damn, it looks really fast.

Maybe we are just so used to seeing the inertia crap of Reach, I don't know.

This new video just makes me want to watch the new e3 stuff even more.

I may be able to remove this from my tabs, finally

iC065YFykeL32.gif

Wait, that's not Halo 4?

See, you hate everything.

Dat grenade launcher. Looks like the large screen attachment is there for all the people that overlooked that the propipe had proximity detection on the gun.

I have to say, as somebody that completely hates the idea of the text popping up, I didn't even notice them in the video :lol

Maybe it's the horrible quality or maybe it really isn't that distracting. Hopefully the lather.

heckfu

Banned
Dani, i'll be a mod during the evenings starting on Sunday if you need me. I'll have just moved to my new house/town and won't really have anything else to do.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I have to say, as somebody that completely hates the idea of the text popping up, I didn't even notice them in the video :lol

Maybe it's the horrible quality or maybe it really isn't that distracting. Hopefully the lather.

Sadly, I think it's because of the quality. In the clearer Conan gifs, it was glaringly obvious

Havok

They said halo 3 was the target for movement speed, but damn, it looks really fast.
If they had actually targeted Halo 3 movement speed, we would have gotten another super slow game. This looks great, especially in comparison to the Reach base traits. Snappy in a way that we hadn't really had a sense of in previous video.

The AR worries me, but hey, we'll see.

The tidbit of what looks to be something like grenade launcher 2.0 was neat.

Homeboyd

The Forward Unto Dawn E3 2012 Hub is now live.

We've decided to open the doors a little bit earlier this year - the real fun doesn't begin until Monday. The Hub will be the only site you need with links to every piece of Halo 4 media released, every hands-on impression and a full and complete summary of all officially released Halo 4 information during E3.

In addition to our forums, we've once again opened up the HaloGAF IRC chatroom.
(Speaking of which, we need some HaloGAFers to be mods!)

So sit back and wait. Not long left to go now.

To give you an idea of what the full Hub will look like when news starts coming in, check out our previous HaloFest Hub.
Yes...

Yes.

Spent the last 30 minutes listening to intro's from 90's kids TV.

Hey Arnold
Rugrats
Batman TAS
Batman of the future
Animaniacs
Cow and chicken
Taz the tazmanian devil
Keenan and kel
Johnny bravo
Biker mice from mars
Pinky and the brain
Rockos modern life
Angry beavers
Extreme ghostbusters.

Time well spent.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Not that bad is the new good enough

i'd definitely rather not have it, but its in.

i'm just saying, after actually playing CoD for many hours, i hardly noticed those pop-ups and they certainly didnt interfere with the game. and CoD's pop-ups are gi-fucking-normous. bodes well for halo 4 and noticing it far less. thats all.

this. it will be a complete non-issue after a week or two of launch

Woorloog

Banned
So ....

• Killcam OK
  • Fall Damage Well, shit
  • Grenade/Pistol - Like Pro Pipe? If like Pro Pipe, awesome
  • AR Buffed I'm ok with this
  • Mega Sprint Uh...
  • Titles? - As someone already point out *shrug* why not

As long as the new BR is good and slowing sprint is effective, this can't be any worse than Reach as far as i'm concerned (if it is, well, Halo's dead then).

I was so against kill cams because I liked seeing the bodies fall after death but it looked like you had to press a button to go to killcam.
This would be a GREAT implementation of it in my opinion because, in COD, everyone I know skips kill cam everytime with a few exceptions. If it went into killcam every time, it would feel too much like COD.

daedalius

If they had actually targeted Halo 3 movement speed, we would have gotten another super slow game. This looks great, especially in comparison to the Reach base traits. Snappy in a way that we hadn't really had a sense of in previous video.

The AR worries me, but hey, we'll see.

The tidbit of what looks to be something like grenade launcher 2.0 was neat.

I guess since it is a primary, it needs to be balanced with the others.

I see it being QUITE powerful at close range, whereas the BR will dominate midrange, and the DMR long range.

I wish it was faster.

It looks Halo 2 fast already; I don't know if I want it even faster than that.

The Forward Unto Dawn E3 2012 Hub is now live.

We've decided to open the doors a little bit earlier this year - the real fun doesn't begin until Monday. The Hub will be the only site you need with links to every piece of Halo 4 media released, every hands-on impression and a full and complete summary of all officially released Halo 4 information during E3.

In addition to our forums, we've once again opened up the HaloGAF IRC chatroom.
(Speaking of which, we need some HaloGAFers to be mods!)

So sit back and wait. Not long left to go now.

To give you an idea of what the full Hub will look like when news starts coming in, check out our previous HaloFest Hub.

Sweet, thanks a bunch!

I know a lot of people have said that you run faster in Halo 2 than you did in Halo 3. It must be true, but I've never noticed the difference. I tested it out early last week, between the same two points on Midship, and I got to the same location in the same amount of time.

BigShow36

I guess since it is a primary, it needs to be balanced with the others.

I see it being QUITE powerful at close range, whereas the BR will dominate midrange, and the DMR long range.

The problem is that it doesn't require as much skill as those other two weapons to weild effectively. It shouldn't be able to kill as fast if both are used perfectly.

That said, I hope it just means that all kill times are faster.

It looks Halo 2 fast already; I don't know if I want it even faster than that.

I think you're just used to how slow recent Halo games are. After you play a game or two at that speed you'd be just fine with it being even faster.

I know a lot of people have said that you run faster in Halo 2 than you did in Halo 3. It must be true, but I've never noticed the difference. I tested it out early last week, between the same two points on Midship, and I got to the same location in the same amount of time.

Mostly that because Halo 2 had a FOV of around 3 degrees. It alters your perceptions of movement speed.

Strafe speed/movement acceleration is really what needs to be massively boosted.

Hey Arnold
Rugrats
Batman TAS
Batman of the future
Animaniacs
Cow and chicken
Taz the tazmanian devil
Keenan and kel
Johnny bravo
Biker mars from mars
Pinky and the brain
Rocks modern life
Angry beavers
Extreme ghostbusters.

Time well spent.

That show was pretty awesome :p Nobody ever knows what show I'm talking about when I say biker mice from mars.

Fuchsdh

Hey Arnold
Rugrats
Batman TAS
Batman of the future
Animaniacs
Cow and chicken
Taz the tazmanian devil
Keenan and kel
Johnny bravo
Biker mars from mars
Pinky and the brain
Rocks modern life
Angry beavers
Extreme ghostbusters.

Time well spent.

I assume "Batman of the Future" is your region's name for "Batman Beyond"?

Kick ass show, kick ass theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlobFExM-UM

They were supposed to be in talks to make this into a movie before Nolan got to Batman. If they're going to make more Bat movies after Nolan, it'd be great if they took a tack like this (although with less cartoon stuff, etc.)

daedalius

SOME people always say the jumps are way different, but I timed them in Halo 2 and Halo 3 and the time in the air is pretty much the same.

1.3-1.4 seconds from a standing jump.

Apparently in 3 you get to the TOP of your jump faster than in Halo 2... or something; so it feels so much more floaty.

Top Bottom