• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

What was the post Frankie made a while back about vehicle combat being improved from Reach and there being a focus on large scale maps or something along those lines. Could someone link that for me? I can't find it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Holy shit at the Diablo III OTs. Went through 20k posts in a week, then went over 3,100 posts in ten hours. I'm glad Halo threads don't move that fast though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Halo 4's release will net 20,000 posts in a week for sure. I'm not yet willing to state an over/under on positive posts.

Haha, I know exactly how it will go:
Awesome OT by Ghaleon
First post is "Halo is a cool guy"
A couple pages of positive stuff, nearly all by HaloGAF
A few trolls come in and are like "I don't like Halo, this game is gonna suck"
Arguments ensue, people get banned
Onto |OT2|

Ryaaan14

Banned
They run on water and fuel. Boom. Fuel efficient and badass.

Wait, I didn't make that up, did I?

Yeah, hydrogen is super expensive these days.
01Ivs.gif

I want to start prefacing all my posts "I'm not a fan of Halo but..."

any Gaming side Halo thread has a quarter of its posts started off like that, and you just know the rest of the sentence is going to be gold.

ZalinKrow

Just finished listening to that second podcast you guys did. Really enjoyed it, looking forward to the next one. The speculation about the new enemies in Halo 4 was gettin' me hyped haha. Good shit though guys :) Now I'm gonna sleep as it's like 05:20 and bright outside.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I want to start prefacing all my posts "I'm not a fan of Halo but..."

any Gaming side Halo thread has a quarter of its posts started off like that, and you just know the rest of the sentence is going to be gold.

I still don't understand why someone who dislikes Halo would enter a Halo thread in the first place. It'd be like if I wore a Louisville basketball jersey in Rupp Arena.

PNut

Banned
Looking forward to E3! Anyone actually think we'll finally get to see a full MP game!? Or will it be Campaign stuff?

Tawpgun

Well I dont like Halo cuz its so unrealistic and childish colors and gay and cod is better and noobish and too hard takes too long to kill someone

But I'm stoked for Halo 4.

Karl2177

With me reaching the half way point for HaloGAF stats, I present the current average K/D ratio for HaloGAF(-Yeti through Major Williams[alphabetically]; 71)

If everyone played MLG that would be impressive.

Unfortunately most people here play BTB all day. Which makes that number even more embarrassing.

If everyone played MLG that would be impressive.

Unfortunately most people here play BTB all day. Which makes that number even more embarrassing.

How can people seriously play Reach BTB? So bad. Forge maps all day, worst vehicles in the series, flying purple spaceship of instant death, and armor lock. How is that fun?

I hope this weeks Bulletin dives a little deeper into the Halo 4 'key art'. Its so good that I would love to hear some of the thought process behind it, and maybe even see some other takes on it. I suppose some FUD set pictures would be nice this week also... and I imagine it may have a section about the Halo 4 elite redesign.

Anything else to realistically want this week?

senador

Banned
I hope this weeks Bulletin dives a little deeper into the Halo 4 'key art'. Its so good that I would love to hear some of the thought process behind it, and maybe even see some other takes on it. I suppose some FUD set pictures would be nice this week also... and I imagine it may have a section about the Halo 4 elite redesign.

I wouldn't count on seeing much:

U0OKAl.png

Ryaaan14

Banned

Realistically want, or expect?

I expect nearly nothing building up to E3 at this point. Maybe a few more articles of recycled GI information.

Tunavi

Banned
Halo 4's release will net 20,000 posts in a week for sure. I'm not yet willing to state an over/under on positive posts.
diablo got to OT2 so quickly because no one was actually playing the game on the first day.

everyone will be too busy playing halo 4 to actually post in the thread on day 1

An actually interesting character? What is this, why would anyone want that in their Haloz?
sarcasm engaged

Wat
Haven't read the book, but why would the Elites have any interest in attacking humanity after seceding from The Covenant? Which also brings up another question that I don't get, why the fuck are we fighting Elites in H4, and why are Elites fighting with Grunts, who didn't secede from The Covenant? I feel like 343/their novels have just undone the events of Halo 2.
I'd feel it artificial that every Elite is on Humanity side, that every Elite gets directly a new ideology. The alliance between Elites and Humans had one goal: To stop the Prophet of Truth and his followers to activate the Rings which they did. What happened afterwards? Elites split into two groups. Some Elites still have the own viewpoint of the humans, other wants to conclude peace with Humanity.

And the civil war does not mean that the Elites are against the concept of the Covenant, they were not able to take it anymore the fuck the Prophets had done with them. Prophets fucked with their tradition, distrusted them because of replacing them with Brutes as honor guards.

It's just my opinion I have with the case.

damnit barrow

how do I edit post
You must send an administrative charge to my paypal account, then you are allowed to edit one post.

Top Bottom