• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

I'm not gonna lie, I've thought most of the CoD comments about Halo 4 were overreactions so far because customization is not exclusive to CoD, but the weapon drops and big text on the screen just scream CoD to me. I hope 343 listens and takes this stuff out before launch. It's not going to add new customers so I don't see the point.

J10

Banned
In the Gamespot vid, Josh Holmes remarked that the ten muliplayer maps that ship with the game are separate from the Forge spaces (plural). This pleases me.

Kibbles

ibyQLf0HXVMFss.gif

Madden 2557

The moment you get the hitscan BR in your hands and get into an epic strafe battle and successfully 5 shot your opponent, you'll feel it inside that all your complaining...was for nothing.

The core Halo gameplay is back and shines better than ever here with [very] passive perks and Armor Abilities simply complementing your play style, not replacing your basic functionality (which is what Reach did).

Only four weapons have bloom: the AR, the DMR, the Storm Rifle, and the Pistol, but bloom in this game is NOTHING more than an indicator of your respective weapon's rate of fire.

Games were fast, fluid, and fun. I couldn't stop using the BR, but you know what, the AR is growing on me as a perfect secondary weapon (which makes Firepower useful).

Infinity Slayer is where the ordinance drops happen after a few kills, but what you need to know is that this ordinance mechanic is ONLY in this gametype and the game doesn't necessarily hand you the drop, it drops it in a certain spot where it's fair game for anyone.

I would type more but I want to soak this all in, I'll give more impressions later.

Oh, before I go, the audio.... THE. FUCKING. AUDIO! JESUS! I could not get over the audio in this game every time I played.

Halo 4 is more of a gun-centric game than the previous Halos, very similar to Halo 2. I only got into two melee battles/two melee kills in 3 hours of game time. No amount of Armor Abilities, perk combinations, and ordinance drops are going to counteract the core gameplay and you and the primary weapon you get attached. Nothing, period.

edit; And before you shout "you fought scrubs", only the first game I played was a dong fest (I got first place on my team with 30 kills, followed by Voltron with 23 or so), the rest of the games I played were against people who knew what they were doing.

Made me feel a tiny bit better about Space COD. Thanks for the impressions. I am anxious to try it for myself.

The moment you get the hitscan BR in your hands and get into an epic strafe battle and successfully 5 shot your opponent, you'll feel it inside that all your complaining...was for nothing.

The core Halo gameplay is back and shines better than ever here with [very] passive perks and Armor Abilities simply complementing your play style, not replacing your basic functionality (which is what Reach did).

Only four weapons have bloom: the AR, the DMR, the Storm Rifle, and the Pistol, but bloom in this game is NOTHING more than an indicator of your respective weapon's rate of fire.

Games were fast, fluid, and fun. I couldn't stop using the BR, but you know what, the AR is growing on me as a perfect secondary weapon (which makes Firepower useful).

Infinity Slayer is where the ordinance drops happen after a few kills, but what you need to know is that this ordinance mechanic is ONLY in this gametype and the game doesn't necessarily hand you the drop, it drops it in a certain spot where it's fair game for anyone.

I would type more but I want to soak this all in, I'll give more impressions later.

Oh, before I go, the audio.... THE. FUCKING. AUDIO! JESUS! I could not get over the audio in this game every time I played.

Halo 4 is more of a gun-centric game than the previous Halos, very similar to Halo 2. I only got into two melee battles/two melee kills in 3 hours of game time. No amount of Armor Abilities, perk combinations, and ordinance drops are going to counteract the core gameplay and you and the primary weapon you get attached. Nothing, period.

edit; And before you shout "you fought scrubs", only the first game I played was a dong fest (I got first place on my team with 30 kills, followed by Voltron with 23 or so), the rest of the games I played were against people who knew what they were doing.

So good.

Still waiting on my beta invite...

Current test period is over bro, give it up.

The way they've mentioned 10 maps + "Forge Environments" is getting me really excited. I think it means we'll get multiple 'Forge World' maps, each with their own different aesthetics. Hopefully we get Snow, Dessert, Sand, Forrest, and sky/space. Then the ability to place Forerunner, Covenant, and UNSC materials/object on each of these maps.

And hopefully they aren't anywhere near matchmaking.

So going by Domino's post, personal ordinance drops are only in Infinity Slayer? I know what I won't be be voting for.

There is a gametypes page on the Halo 4 website and there is an Infinity Slayer gametype that lists the personal ordinance drops. So it appears only "Infinity" gametypes will have personal ordinance.

I'm chilling on my brother's roommate's PC since I'm staying with them here and my brother just asked, "Is there Armor Lock in the next Halo?"

Me: "No."

Him: "Then who would play it?"

They exist, people!

So you've killed him right?

Still convinced BR is 4sk based on the magazine size.

So many goodies this week :D.

Thanks a bunch Ray for keeping on top of everything, I feel like I say it every day but you make it so fuckin easy to get caught up bro.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Got damn.

Louis Wu

On paper, lots of things sound like CoD.

In actuality, it FEELS like Halo.

All the rest is irrelevant.

(I have stuff I want to say about Spartan Ops, but I'm too tired/drunk)

Louis Wu

Did I ever tell you you're my favorite gaffer?

DID I?
That's only because I'm the gaffer you can beat in Reach. :)

Tom's telling me I should write up my thoughts of SpartanOps now, and then rewrite them in the morning when I'm sober.

I think I'll do that, if I can figure out how to type with a wineglass in my hand.

Tom's telling me I should write up my thoughts of SpartanOps now, and then rewrite them in the morning when I'm sober.

I think I'll do that, if I can figure out how to type with a wineglass in my hand.

Do that.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Perfect.

Top Bottom