• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

GhaleonEB

That ending cut scene reminded me of how great the Engineers were introduced in ODST. I feel like I understand more about their character than any of the other Covenant species. They're both the most interesting species and the most thoughtfully developed, in just that one game.

Where's my HaloGAF montage teaser goddamnit.

Making a teaser video would just take time away from editing the actual montage. I also don't want to spoil anything.

So instead here's a teaser image for you hexagon fans:
montage_teaser.png

AI Director like L4D would be a nice addition. I don't expect it to happen, and we saw what happen last time when everybody got salty about something not being in the game when no one even hinted it would be...

But it would be a nice addition.

Really wish the Halo games had anything close to competent writing. Halo could be a great space opera, but its characters and scenes are always so sloppy and boring. There are never properly defined arcs; things come and go without any emotional weight attached. People die, places get destroyed, ho hum move on to the next scripted encounter. Who was that? What happened? Why did it happen? Who knows.

Would love to see a professional writer come in and handle the story one day.

What bothered me about ODST wasn't bad writing, it was inconsistent writing. The best example I can think of is the scene in which Romeo gets a gravity hammer/blade in his chest. That scene was really well written until the moment Buck pulls a Three Stooges "get this thing offa me" while the whole squad just saw their buddy sustain a severe injury. Wouldn't they rush to help the dying guy? Wouldn't Buck, as the great leader he is, order them to administer first aid to Romeo before they worry about getting the brute off of him? Great scene ruined by the strange choice to make the mood "zany fun".

The game was always trying to be a comedic romp, a romance, a noir detective piece, and a big action movie all at once. If it had just cut the comedic romp and the romance it would've been perfect.

If you can punch through a tank, why would you ever use a knife? A spartan could literally crush the head of another spartan like a melon; or punch through his armor and rip out his spine.
A knife can be quick and quiet. Punching through body armor/ripping out a spine would likely be loud, time-consuming, and messy.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ugh I hate how so many people on Live call me "monster". Kudos to you guys for calling me "fracas". Can't stand the nickname monster. Should've realized that was bound to happen when I made the tag, though.

Ugh I hate how so many people on Live call me "monster". Kudos to you guys for calling me "fracas". Can't stand the nickname monster. Should've realized that was bound to happen when I made the tag, though.

I would have been Nockz but Nockz was taken. XBL suggested adding Hydra to the front. Now you know.

I'll call you "Sterfra" aka "Stir Fry" from now on though.

kylej

Banned
Majestic was a pretty amazing "game". Not sure if anyone here remembers that. Brilliant, bold, and far ahead of its time. Some of EA's finest work.

zap

I wonder whose clip that is.

At least we know it's not Tashi's

Haha I was expecting that.

I think it's Krispy's... Not 100% though :p

Also, I want to thank MS for having the Limited Edition the same price in NZ as the US!! http://www.ebgames.co.nz/xbox360-157737-Halo-4-Limited-Edition-Xbox-360

Our games are $100-$120NZD ($77-$92USD) for a standard game. Halo 4 standard is $98NZD ($75USD) but the Limited Edition is only $128NZD ($98USD)!!!

This is the first time I have seen that and I am stoked!

ElRenoRaven

Oh man, 20 days until Nintendo Wii U

oh, and Halo 4 I guess

I really can't wait to see what Nintendo shows. As it is I'm really leaning toward WII U next gen assuming Nintendo doesn't royally screw things up. It will be nice to own a Nintendo console again. Felt weird not buying one this gen.

Trey

The characters were bland and the game was overpriced at launch.

ODST's negatives end there.

I know I'm late, but not really, because the ultimate truth knows not time.

Also guys, what should I play right now: Tera or SR3?

Top Bottom