• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Wouldn't they make awesome invasion maps for halo 4?

Oh yeah, THAT'S RIGHT
2hx2r9.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Frank, you guys have any non-coding/art spots open at 343 for a marketing/IT/community guy? I feel like I need a change of scenery. Starting to get bored here in Iowa. :p

*Digs through 343 job site and sighs*

Woorloog

Banned
I wonder if the removal of Elites confirms the removal of Invasion. Unless its like S4 v S4 invasion which would be kind of cool but still

Unless the mode is rebuild from ground up and has maps desinged specifically for it, we're not losing anything. Sure, Invasion can be fun at times in Reach with a full party but otherwise, meh.
I really doubt the mode is in Halo 4.

darthbob

Frank, you guys have any non-coding/art spots open at 343 for a marketing/IT/community guy? I feel like I need a change of scenery. Starting to get bored here in Iowa. :p

*Digs through 343 job site and sighs*

Programming, programming, and more programming.

Or if you're wanting to be a MSFT FTE, SDET, SDET, and more SDET.

I wonder if the removal of Elites confirms the removal of Invasion. Unless its like S4 v S4 invasion which would be kind of cool but still

I imagine the capability will be there in forge to replicate the mode, but insofar as a headline playlist or gametype, I'd say it's definitely cut.

Right here is the deal, Can i go ahead and preorder the Halo 4 LE now or will some preorder retailer exclusive stuff be announced later.

Ellis/Frankie id love a yes or no to this if possible (i doubt ill get one)

I imagine the capability will be there in forge to replicate the mode, but insofar as a headline playlist or gametype, I'd say it's definitely cut.
Probably this, they could release a similar gametype (Spartans v Spartans) after release so folks can start building maps around it (assumming Forge is not as crappy as it's on Reach).

They're likely using Megalo (hopefully a more advanced version) so there's always hope :lol

Unless the mode is rebuild from ground up and has maps desinged specifically for it, we're not losing anything. Sure, Invasion can be fun at times in Reach with a full party but otherwise, meh.
I really doubt the mode is in Halo 4.
350+ of my invasion games were solo and they're all pretty fun and enjoyable, needs more adaptation bro!
Pero el aeroplano es mas pesado que lo churro hecho por la muher sin dientes
That's fucked up bro!

Two? Hmm, sounds a bit high.
But Invasion has a pretty healthy population, Y DUN U LIK ME?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Or they will just drop Invasion.

Seriously. They are "reinventing" the core multiplayer modes. They are hinting that we'll have traditional multiplayer alongside it. We have old and new slayer, BTB and everything else and still have room for shit like Invasion. And what about the other fringe gametypes, SWAT, Griffball, Zombies. They aren't going to have 20+ playlists again.

And besides, if they're going to listen to the community and give the player base what it wants, then it's going to be something like Zombies. Give up the Invasion hopes and prey Forge 3.0 supports the gametype so you can play it in customs or something.

Invasion requires serious support and dedicated levels and I'd be severely disappointed if 343 don't learn from Reach and make the same mistakes with that mode. Halo 4 needs to focus on the core Halo experience. Slayer. Objective and BTB and nail these things down.
Headhunter, hot potato and Invasion and all that crap from Reach should be left behind.

Woorloog

Banned
350+ of my invasion games were solo and they're all pretty fun and enjoyable, needs more adaptation bro!

Majority of my Invasion games are solo or with one friend but they're not really enjoyable when half your team quits, half the enemy team quits or the game lags a lot or something like that.
Losing a guy or two on other game types doesn't necessarily hurt you bad but in Invasion?
Fuck that, i might as well quit and save some time. It ain't about adaptation.

I can play Invasion with HaloGAF, i would love to play it sometimes.
If it didn't just get so old fast due to lack of maps... and whoever idiot who decided to add Invasion Slayer and its variants can go to hell.

Seriosly, Invasion doesn't really suit Reach or any Halo game with just 16 players max. It should be made ground up for a Halo spinoff akin to Battlefield (in scope, no need to make it a BF/COD copy).

Also, i really wish 343i would updated Invasion a bit, tweak loadouts, maps, spawns, all sorts of stuff.

But I don't drink coffee. You're fired.

Morning glass of scotch then?

But I drink TWO coffees. YOU'RE fired.

Lies. You drink two glasses of morning scotch.

Or they will just drop Invasion.

Seriously. They are "reinventing" the core multiplayer modes. They are hinting that we'll have traditional multiplayer alongside it. We have old and new slayer, BTB and everything else and still have room for shit like Invasion. And what about the other fringe gametypes, SWAT, Griffball, Zombies. They aren't going to have 20+ playlists again.

And besides, if they're going to listen to the community and give the player base what it wants, then it's going to be something like Zombies. Give up the Invasion hopes and prey Forge 3.0 supports the gametype so you can play it in customs or something.

Invasion requires serious support and dedicated levels and I'd be severely disappointed if 343 don't learn from Reach and make the same mistakes with that mode. Halo 4 needs to focus on the core Halo experience. Slayer. Objective and BTB and nail these things down.
Headhunter, hot potato and Invasion and all that crap from Reach should be left behind.

As someone that enjoys Invasion more than most people here, I think they should drop it, for the reasons you listed.

As for 20+ playlists, I think it's going to happen. I think they will continue their arguably misguided mission of trying to make everyone happy.

Kuroyume

Banned
Do you guys think they'll actually develop some sort of decent zombie mode with Flood that have their own unique abilities, or will it be more of the same crap that's been in the past games? People seem to be content with the same old... Crazy considering you actually have zombie (of sorts) in the fiction.

Haha, just watched the Halogaf montage again, so good. Hell, it kept my GF interested the whole time even if she didn't get some of the jokes. Man, now I really wish I was thinking and at least submitted something, as I do have a few funny moments saved.. Ah well, there is always Halo 4.

On that subject I guess I will share the moments Im talking about... like this:

(I'm driving the goose, jump off mountain and accidentally splatter an enemy. Rendered here.)

or this

(while jetpacking on Installation 04 a hunter decided to take the man cannon and I didn't see him coming... I was thrown off the cliff and not even my jetpack saved me)

Saw these floating around on the webs, from the premium Halo 4 theme.

i81n77d5RWQdD.png

izhVoy3KFURwV.png

So sexy, I can't wait to see more of this game...that said, the things I'm moist excited for are the outdoor environments we saw in some of the Sparth art. Also, I hope halo 4 has some snowy environments, I would love to see the outdoor area of Solitary in action. Bring on e3.

Speaking of e3, I bet we get to see some new enemies, but wont be told exactly who or what they are.. as in what the actual big picture is. One way or another is I hope they show off a lot of the inevitable new sandbox items, we have seen a ton of returning items, I really expected to see more new things.

Woorloog

Banned
Do you guys think they'll actually develop some sort of decent zombie mode with Flood that have their own unique abilities or will it be more of the same crap that's been in the past games. People seem to be content with the same old... Crazy considering you actually have zombie (of sorts) in the fiction.

This is what should happen.
What we will get is the same old, very likely anyway.

Top Bottom