• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyren

Can't argue with that.

Oh my. This made me look up "Dax." Choice definitions:

A positive connotation, almost like "cool".
This party is so dax.
1) Commonly used to describe the embodiment of someone who retains a high level of sexual stamina and an insatiable libido, although keeping in tact a cool demeanor and reflective persona in which can easily charm either opposing, or same gender.

2) It can otherwise be used to explain someone who retains a high intelligence to the level of a god-like extent, although usually very humble about it.

1) "Woah, now that's Dax; he didn't just get to third base with the Cheerleading Captain, but also scored with our Science Teacher!"

2) "Man, that Dax like guy just answered a College-leveled question without a trouble."
awesome sexy and funny very charming not a player
Pompous, egotistical ass who feigns modesty but secretly craves admiration and acclaim, even though unearned. Might even lie about awards and accomplishments to gain attention.

What a Dax!

I hope he's not trying to Dax his way to fame.
the ultra-hip new word to call a person.

dax is in.
yo dax, pass me the butter.
slang term for a cigarette

Hey, vex me a dax wouldye', I'm fresh out.
A guy who is obsessed about COD and Harry Potter.

Spends too much time playing ps3
Do you do anything else besides being a dax!

Pompous definition might be more on the line than I care to admit. :(

Gui_PT

GUI
pronounced as Jooey: Sometimes you just cant decide wether you'd rather play some good old fashioned COD or get a nice blow from your girlfriend. Why not settle for both. This is where the GUI come in... Gaming under the influence. Now you can play with both sticks at the same time.

Welp

Fracas

#fuckonami
Welp, I had initially submitted Tashi Ceiling, but apparently I got an email yesterday saying it was not published.

So who did it?

Gabriel

Probably the best looking person ever. He is smart and daring. He also gets all of the ladies. Gabriel was the first billionnaire president of the world. He also spells shit however he wants so don't correct him.He is tight with chuck norris, and hes gods other son. In essence he is t3h hax0rs.
Damn dude, you're such a Gabriel for hooking up with Jessica Alba

Thanks you're quite a Gabriel yourself!

It knows me so well!

Sai-kun

Banned
Carlos

well....

The Best Male Stripper In The World

Wow, he is Carlos! he is the best carlos ive ever met! i want carlos for my brithday!

A sexy latin stallion who treats his woman like a princess. He is a man driven by passion, and love. He is a strong, compassionate romantic. A jack of all trades. Skillful and thought provoking. The man of any woman's dreams...

I know what the ladies (and guys) like. B)

This is my new favorite page on the internet.

Across the board, aside from the sniper, I believe Reach has lower aim assist. It may actually just have ridiculous headshot hitboxes on the sniper while still having lower aim assist. Also, there's a lot more that goes into how easy a weapon is to use or how fun it is than just aim assist levels.

Regardless, my point still stands that your enjoyment of the games is not dependent on the level of aim assist. Obviously there are limits to this at the extreme edges, but we're nowhere near those.

I believe that Bungie did state that they were lowing aim assist levels across the board for Reach (Aim Assist levels were set on a per weapon basis by Bungie, but usually had a common trend for each individual game).

The sniper is the exception in some way (perhaps hitboxes for it is the answer), as it's unquestionably much easier to use than Halo 3's iteration.

3Omm3.png

AMAZING.

I agree, if Halo 4 gets one remake it will be The Pit.

After that I hope its all new maps its launching with.. Well, a spiritual successor to Blood Gulch and Valhalla as well, but that would pretty much be a new map.

BigShow36

What's your favorite map? Or your preferred ten.

I wouldn't say I have a "favorite" map, but I do have a bunch that I like to play for certain gametypes.

Prisoner, Wizard, Derelict for 1v1's and 2's
Damnation, Rat Race, HeH were also good maps.

I think a lot of maps in Halo 2/3/Reach were good maps from a design standpoint, but the gameplay really restricted them. Being so limited in terms of damage and range forces maps into a certain flow that doesn't change much from game to game. A lot of the maps in later Halo games were forced into static standoffs because of the weapon sandbox, so I can't really say I enjoyed the maps, but I do think they would have been good provided the right tools.

I'd prefer them to do 10 original maps. Usually a good map in one game doesn't necessarily mean it will be good in the next, especially considering how different Halo 4 appears to be.

Plus, you can recreate the Pit in 5 minutes on forge.

Lazslo

The Pit on the other hand...
I just really hope they remake Terminal. Holy shit- how many great games have you all had on that map. And the concept of the Train just running through the middle of the map made it so dynamic and fun. So many times I went to get the sword or OS and just got plowed by the train, so fun. I always wondered how expensive in terms of resources that train was, but it was well worth it.
Only two remakes needed. Midship and Waterworks.
Waterworks was awesome too. A lot of people disliked it but I always had epic CTF/Bomb matches on Waterworks. Midship? its a fucking great map but I'm over it by now, plus someone will just make it in Forge.

BigShow36

Hang 'em High is, always has, and always will be a terrible map.

It requires competent players to really shine. If people aren't doing nade tricks or timing or forcing spawns then it can get pretty static. Despite that, everyone I played with always had a blast on it, even if they had no clue about timing or nading weapons.

Fuchsdh

You shut your whore mouth now.

tumblr_m4mw154CPr1qitwt9.gif

No doubt that Hang 'em High does not work with DMRs or prolly even with BRs. But it's a map that is consistently fun as hell.

(The CA variant High Noon solves some of the camping/shooting gallery issues of the first as well.)

I don't mean to possibly derail, but I just read that Black Ops 2 will have dedicated servers. Man, I wish Halo 4 would do that as well... Just 'cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom