• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zap

For those that like THC this is our temporary home until we get things figured out. We've tried switching servers but the problem continues with the attack as they follow us over to the new hosts, even if they are more secured. We've tried blocking out their IP's and did 200 over 10 minutes but the problem continues. If anybody has ideas we are all ears. Most of us our college guys doing this as a side project for fun and it just sucks the work we've done can be tarnished now. This has been a shitty week.

I <3 you all.

That sucks man :(

Akai__

For those that like THC this is our temporary home until we get things figured out. We've tried switching servers but the problem continues with the attack as they follow us over to the new hosts, even if they are more secured. We've tried blocking out their IP's and did 200 over 10 minutes but the problem continues. If anybody has ideas we are all ears. Most of us our college guys doing this as a side project for fun and it just sucks the work we've done can be tarnished now. This has been a shitty week.

I <3 you all.

I'm really sorry for you guys. I don't know much about the laws in the USA (assuming you are from the USA), but in Germany Ddos'ing is a sirious crime, especially, when it is used to disable competitors. You guys should try it that way, maybe the law can help you.

I <3 you all.
That's Fd up man, sorry to hear that :\

I <3 you all.

This is awful, I really hope it all gets fixed.

In the meantime I blame haloUNITY

Louis Wu

I <3 you all.
Totally sucks. :(

Usually, you just have to wait these guys out; they're generally kids, and they get bored after a while. I can't figure out what you might have done to earn this ort of wrath... my heart goes out to you. :(

a zoojoo

Banned

I <3 you all.

Fuck. Hope you guys figure out who's behind the whole thing. Fuck them.

Caja 117

Yeah for sure, I don't have many custom gametypes and etc but I would be down to play whatever anyone else is up to.

Edit: Alright sounds good we just gotta get some more people, I might have a couple people on my friend list. Anyone else from halogaf down?

Ps how do you edit in quotes like you just did talents??

I want! you can PM me your GT if you want.

CyReN

Mostly it started when you had found out that 343indrustries.org copied HaloCouncil's and other Halo-site's articles. If I remember the tweets correctly.

That is true, I don't get why you would take down the site you have taken work from then they have nothing.

I was just joking, HaloUnity is one of the only other halo sites I know.

Yea they are great, love the idea and stuff they've done btw.

TheOddOne

I <3 you all.
Ridiculous situation. Hope it gets fixed fast.

Karl2177

That is true, I don't get why you would take down the site you have taken work from then they have nothing.

Yea they are great, love the idea and stuff they've done btw.
Is 343indistries.org still up? Or have you tried contacting the provider of 343indistries.org and told them about the situation?

CyReN

Is 343indistries.org still up? Or have you tried contacting the provider of 343indistries.org and told them about the situation?

No, we don't really want to point fingers at this point in case it isn't them in anyway, we just comment on speculation.

Glorious indeed, afternoons like these makes me wonder why do i even bother to keep playing reach. And to think right now, all my friends are having one big LAN of Halo 3 and I cant be there... :( .

Connection in Halo 3 was stable most of the time, Spread wasn't bad at all, equipment were hardly noticeable, IMO this is better than DMR with Bloom, slow moving spartans, Nuke nades and Armor lock.

You should have seen me abuse regeneration on that sandtrap game, I stayed in one place (those huts) and got a rampage.

Also, unbelievably, today I got almost 50 laser kills, ridiculous.

Akai__

Why not? First they copy stuff from other sites and then they sell it as their own stuff, but "cheaper". It's a perfect strategy.

It's like on those conventions where people are getting hands on, on a new product and (try to) copy it. We all now what happens. It can either be a huge fail or something that sells better then the original product.
You guys are probably to nice to understand this.

Oh god.

I <3 you all.

Dude, that sucks. Hopefully whomever is doing this will grow bored or grow up real quick like.

Karl2177

No, we don't really want to point fingers at this point in case it isn't them in anyway, we just comment on speculation.
I can understand that. You could still say something along the lines that you don't have concrete evidence, but are a little suspicious of them.

kylej

Banned
i3eYE9jdyxVwR.png

Its for the greater good though I love the fast MM times Reach provides, then I love sitting in objective games 5v2 for 12 minutes. Its a hoot!

Not that many. Every time on Sword Base we would get a small lead and drop the ball in the middle of the map and kill them as they were running towards it. It gave them a small slimmer of hope through-out the match so hardly any quit. Objective Holding 2.0

1xR8h.gif

Well, I don't know what to say. I would try anything possible in such a situation. It's not funny and I assume it was hard work for you guys. And let me repeat it, it's against the law.

It isn't really feasible to find out out who is coordinating the attack.

Fall damage in general makes me want to headbutt a wall, regardless of how minimal it's impact.

What's the positive gameplay impact of that in a game like Halo?

Balances Jetpack.

Arnie

Fall damage in general makes me want to headbutt a wall, regardless of how minimal it's impact.

What's the positive gameplay impact of that in a game like Halo?

Oh! Tashi, if you guys could have the podcast out by Monday, that'd be great! I'd love to have something to listen to while I drive back to Wilmington.

Yo Stalker I gave you that PSD over 24 hours ago. Done yet? I figured those who are so quick to call out my "lazy" work on the HaloGAF logo would have fixed it by now.

heckfu

Banned
Oh! Tashi, if you guys could have the podcast out by Monday, that'd be great! I'd love to have something to listen to when I drive back to Wilmington.
All he's waiting on is for me to finish up my piece and then it's good to go I'm pretty sure. And that will be recorded late this evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom