• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Can somebody explain to me how the point system works in Reach's BTB? I'm getting 10 points more than my kills.
Sounds like you're playing Heavies. You get additional points for style and multikill medals in that gametype.

It's pretty silly. I'd rather have a lowered score to win tied to a number that people understand than a big disparity between what the scoreboard shows you and what the postgame shows you.

Well....that's not strictly true. I'd rather Heavies was purged from existence and never showed its face ever again, but hey, I'm being realistic.

8WmXI.jpg

Yes.

Sounds like you're playing heavies. You get additional points for style and multikill medals in that gametype.

It's pretty silly. I'd rather have a lowered score to win tied to a number that people understand than a big disparity between what the scoreboard shows you and what the postgame shows you.

Thank you, it makes sense now.

Sanded this thing to death. Tried to dremel in some details. Need to fill in some holes and then wet sand it. Painting should start shortly after that.

Looks good. Is this also going to be eBay'd for charity?

Also: just watched that MLG photoshop contest video. Thanks MLG, you're the classiest. Dumping on a fan base that helped make you what you are now. Could some other organization just take over competitive gaming in the US please?

What did you use for the visor?

I talked to a guy from the 405th at Comic Con. He said he had someone vaccuform it for him. He sent the dimensions and payed for the material and shipping. I might do that as I do not want to destroy my oven and I certainly don't want to rent an industrial vacuum.

Looks good. Is this also going to be eBay'd for charity?

No. This is something I've wanted to do since high school, but always felt it was going to be too difficult or didn't have the money. I'm wearing this sucker! Hopefully the helmet will be done for PAX. I won't have the armor done as I leave for 3 weeks on the 23rd. Plus I really want to ge that Brute head piece done for PAX, more so than my helmet. The Brute head piece should be easier to craft and now that I understand that forming and sculpting process I won't be remolding and cutting due to mistakes, like I did with my ODSt helmet.

I talked to a guy from the 405th at Comic Con. He said he had someone vaccuform it for him. He sent the dimensions and payed for the material and shipping. I might do that as I do not want to destroy my oven and I certainly don't want to rent an industrial vacuum.

Sounds like its the best way, Going to be hell to find someone in the UK doing it id imagine.

If you do and you dont mind would you pm me the cost. Since im planning an extensive 7-8 helmet build im going to be purchasing everything ahead of the build and id be interested in what price range i should be aiming for.

I used to be into the DDOS scene I got out of it awhile ago. The Botnet controller is probably using a VPN and more then likely has people helping with their bot army. It would be hard to keep a site down this long otherwise. Its a handshake protocol that keeps asking for a reply that will never come. A old name for it is the ping of death. When enough servers and pc's send this protocol to a ip on command it floods all the bandwidth know one can get in and crash. Hopefully they can track them down. It can lead to prison time.
http://www.hackforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=92

Will anyone like to support this?
KBfo

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I've never really understood this type of "slacktivism". Supporting a cause like this is very noble, sure, but what does changing your emblem really do? It's too vague, in my opinion, as only people who even know about this in the first place would "get" it. Starting up a charity/kickstarter for their funeral fees, etc. would make more sense.

Swarmerr

Forgot to say, GG Swarmer, was fun.

Defintetly dude, same to you and everyone else.

Gotta do it again!

ohhh and

H3 is still the shit!

edit @SatansReverence Also someone that does jetpack that high can do a rapid descent and then turn the jetpack on once you get within 10 feet and you pretty much end up with a soft landing.

heckfu

Banned
I don't mean to be a jerk, but I've never really understood this type of "slacktivism". Supporting a cause like this is very noble, sure, but what does changing your emblem really do? It's too vague, in my opinion, as only people who even know about this in the first place would "get" it. Starting up a charity/kickstarter for their funeral fees, etc. would make more sense.

Couldn't agree more. Showing support is great and all but makes literally no difference in the long term. If its all one can afford or do, then it's one thing, but the majority of us and a lot of Halo players in general are old enough and capable enough to donate our money or time to charities or scholarships in victims names.

GhaleonEB

I'm very excited for Bane, every time I hear "You're punishment must be more severe" in the trailer it gives me chills. I have tickets for the 10:40 showing tomorrow morning, hype rising.

I watched Batman Begins with the kids for the first time last week, and we're doing The Dark Knight tomorrow. Will probably hit The Dark Knight Rises in a week or so, to space them out.

Despite enjoying the first two films, I'm not really hyped for it, at all. The plot/premise just don't interest me, and I'm weary of Nolan's style. Dude can't film an action scene to save his life.

I watched Batman Begins with the kids for the first time last week, and we're doing The Dark Knight tomorrow. Will probably hit The Dark Knight Rises in a week or so, to space them out.

Despite enjoying the first two films, I'm not really hyped for it, at all. The plot/premise just don't interest me, and I'm weary of Nolan's style. Dude can't film an action scene to save his life.

I agree with that.

In response:
@FyreWulff @MrGreenCastle @Enfinit

Agreed. I'll discuss all your opinions to maybe start a charity within HaloUnity to the admins. I had similar reactions to this picture as well, but wanted to show support to others that may or may not take part.

Hopefully such a movement can be created sooner so that attention and support of a noble cause for the victims and their families will be made.

Enfinit

*zooms in*

*shakes camera wildly*

There's not a single well staged or filmed action scene in all of Batman Begins.

I'll admit BB wasn't the shining moment in the trilogy, but I feel after you see DKR you'll be pleasantly surprised and satisfied. I wasn't hyped at all going into DKR either, however I left a very, very happy person. Plus Anne Hathaway looks lovely in black latex.

It's not that Nolan doesn't know how to make an action scene, he just has a fetish for unconventionality. Sometimes it just doesn't pay off.

There's really only a couple things I don't like about the first two films in the Dark Knight trilogy. I think that Christian Bale is even worse than Val Kilmer's nipple-suit Batman, and the other main issue I have is that Gotham isn't Gotham, it's New York or something (though the ending bit of Batman Begins portrays more to my liking). That said, Batman has generally been more about the supporting characters/villains in my opinion, and in that regard, the films have delivered brilliantly - save for everyone miss-pronouncing Ra's al Ghul the entire film.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
playing normal BTB.

9 people vote for cragmire.

y

Ouch. One of the main reasons I search in a party.

And I just don't get heavies settings. Yes, add some more vehicles and some more anti vehicle weapons but why do they need to have 30 second respawns? They just don't...

Some of those maps would be really good under normal settings and objective games.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Read the rest of primordium... Still don't see didact as anything resembling an enemy

But that ending... o_O

(Master chief is totally the other didact)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom