• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love grabbing sword and rarely using it. Chances are, if I were to send a hologram holding the sword towards a dude, they're going to freak out and waste a shot or two. All the while, I have been shooting them with a DMR. This probably doesn't happen in higher level play, but it happens at my level.

It's very psychological... kind of. The seemingly immediate threat of a sword coming towards you coupled with already being shot at is enough to really dupe players into going for the sword first.

Kuroyume

Banned
I hope you can't fire weapons while jetpacking. Couldn't do it while sprinting, armor locking, or evading (thank god) , so I don't understand why jetpackers were allowed to do so.

I can already see this new retarded powerful AR and jetpack combo being a problem.

blamite

Definitely not.

Well there goes my hope of a shake weight emblem...

2RhUv.jpg

looks like nunchucks to me.

The real question is why does this unicorn have hands.

wwm0nkey

Risen and Steely carried me (while OverHeat held his own).

The games were a hell of a lot closer than the scores would suggest.

Do NOT let wwm0nkey near a sword. That is all.

Got quite a few of you by running back for the health pack to instantly recharge my shields.

Is Halo 4 going to have any way to decide host in customs or will it be the same ol' shit with their flawed as fuck system deciding?

PNut

Banned
Its true, there is shitty people in the world, until shitty people stop being shitty people. There is always going to be cheaters in any system. Thats just life. No reason to take something away cause some people are shitty. Just get the banhammer working correctly.

YES! If the ranking system is fun to play there will always be nerds trying to break it. Don't punish the majority because some no life 16 year old nerd kicks people at level 50. Upgrade the banhammer and let's have a good ranked playlist in Halo 4.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Is Halo 4 going to have any way to decide host in customs or will it be the same ol' shit with their flawed as fuck system deciding?
The netcode is so bad they decided to forgo a beta and instead invite people to remote locations where they could play on lan.

/conspiracywood

Nunchucks.

I hope that's not the only unicorn emblem, I want the one used for Team Fury.

You can't necessarily see hands, it could still be hooves in the silhouette. You know how dem ponies hold things in the most incomprehensible ways.

How does one "hoof" a nunchuck exactly?

All these question and more answered in Halo 4.

Swarmerr

YES! If the ranking system is fun to play there will always be nerds trying to break it. Don't punish the majority because some no life 16 year old nerd kicks people at level 50. Upgrade the banhammer and let's have multiple good ranked playlists in Halo 4.

fixed

Vire

I think what's more worrisome than anything about the armor abilities is that the Auto Sentry and the one I'm most nervous about - the Regeneration Field have yet to be even shown and we are only 4 or so months away. Regeneration field, just sounds incredibly OP...

Maybe it misses the cutting room floor or is limited to single-player.

The current ones in the game seem okay, besides PV - but regeneration field... I dunno man.

Swarmerr

I think what's more worrisome than anything about the armor abilities is that the Auto Sentry and the one I'm most nervous about - the Regeneration Field have yet to be even shown and we are only 4 or so months away. Regeneration field, just sounds incredibly OP...

Maybe it misses the cutting room floor.

The current ones in the game seem okay, besides PV - but regeneration field... I dunno man.

Or the fact that a skill based rank system might not even happen..

Tunavi

Banned
ah just remembered, I heard some more of the Halo 4 soundtrack at RTX, tracks I dont think have been released. What I heard was phenomenal. Neil is filling Marty's shoes well. One track sounded a lot like Inception's OST

Vire

Or the fact that a skill based rank system might not even happen..

I don't really care about that to be honest. I disliked having the constant pressure to perform well in ranked games. I just want to have fun.

But I can see why it's important to some other people, so I hope for your guys sake it's in there somewhere. :)

ah just remembered, I heard some more of the Halo 4 soundtrack at RTX, tracks I dont think have been released. What I heard was phenomenal. Neil is filling Marty's shoes well.

Was it the end of match multiplayer music? When did it kick it?

Any elaboration would be great!

YES! If the ranking system is fun to play there will always be nerds trying to break it. Don't punish the majority because some no life 16 year old nerd kicks people at level 50. Upgrade the banhammer and let's have a good ranked playlist in Halo 4.

Agreed. The ONLY reason I still play Reach is because of Halotracker.

A good ranking system isn't only there for bragging rights. It's fun to progress in that fashion as well as in the built-in progression system. As a legit 50 in H3, I really enjoyed the climb to getting to that level. Resetting ranks might be okay, I was thinking maybe like a "prestige" system like in CoD would be neat, where your rank would reset but your trueskill would stay the same so you could try a tougher climb to 50.

343 plz. Frankie plz. David plz. Ranks ARE a big deal.

The biggest thing it does for the game is adds a REAL incentive to win. Reach lacked that badly. And sure winning will help you progress more by getting more Spartan Points or whatever but I don't believe that's enough

After the long delay, here you go.

Kid who messaged me after a RP game getting roflstomped

Once again, I apologize for the atrocious sniper aim and aim in general, get really jittery when first playing a 1 v 1 against some kid talking crap.

I played against this guy in matchmaking before. He just stumbles around like a 'tard and then runs his mouth the whole game (at least when I played him) like he's any good. I think I've played him like 3 times in RP before and he is pissed every time.

Also, I'd say you redeemed yourself with the blainer.

Kuroyume

Banned
Speaking of netcode... How about no more blackscreens? Give us an animation or some streaming video while we wait for a new host. Black screens drive me mad.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Speaking of netcode... How about no more blackscreens? Give us an animation or some streaming video while we wait for a new host. Black screens drive me mad.
I can't wait for all the host switching and black screens that join in progress will provide us with.

Swarmerr

Agreed. The ONLY reason I still play Reach is because of Halotracker.

A good ranking system isn't only there for bragging rights. It's fun to progress in that fashion as well as in the built-in progression system. As a legit 50 in H3, I really enjoyed the climb to getting to that level. Resetting ranks might be okay, I was thinking maybe like a "prestige" system like in CoD would be neat, where your rank would reset but your trueskill would stay the same so you could try a tougher climb to 50.

343 plz. Frankie plz. David plz. Ranks ARE a big deal.

The biggest thing it does for the game is adds a REAL incentive to win. Reach lacked that badly. And sure winning will help you progress more by getting more Spartan Points or whatever but I don't believe that's enough

Dude yesssss halotraker. Except the only problem is I gave up once I realized that I got my "50" and good division thing only because I could constantly play people that were less than subpar. I mean sure I won a ton of games but it definetely was not the same thing as getting a 50 in halo 3, where to get your 50 you had to beat other 50's or good players.

@vire (I dont know how to do multiple quotes :/ ) I guess you and I are just wired differently, because I loved the pressure of having to perform well. As nerdy as it might sound it gave me somewhat the same butterflies feeling that I would get before I played in a football game. (too bad i wasn't good at football, not that I am that good at halo)

What made a rank system great was the fact that each game actually mattered to me because inherently it was a reflection of how good I was. I still remember being a brig grade 2 in halo 3 and working to get my 50 so I could finally stop catching crap for being a brig, good times :)

Vire

Dude yesssss halotraker. Except the only problem is I gave up once I realized that I got my "50" and good division thing only because I could constantly play people that were less than subpar. I mean sure I won a ton of games but it definetely was not the same thing as getting a 50 in halo 3, where to get your 50 you had to beat other 50's or good players.

@vire (I dont know how to do multiple quotes :/ ) I guess you and I are just wired differently, because I loved the pressure of having to perform well. As nerdy as it might sound it gave me somewhat the same butterflies feeling that I would get before I played in a football game. (too bad i wasn't good at football, not that I am that good at halo)

What made a rank system great was the fact that each game actually mattered to me because inherently it was a reflection of how good I was. I still remember being a brig grade 2 in halo 3 and working to get my 50 so I could finally stop catching crap for being a brig, good times :)
Click the plus sign underneath the username.

)

Right, it's a bummer, it's definitely not on the same level.

Gray Man

Banned
ah just remembered, I heard some more of the Halo 4 soundtrack at RTX, tracks I dont think have been released. What I heard was phenomenal. Neil is filling Marty's shoes well. One track sounded a lot like Inception's OST

This is really great news! Its one of the things aboit Halo 44 Im most interested to experience. I will have to resist listening to it before I play the game...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Bracket is updated.

Very surprised by the outcomes tonight.

Gotta get up in 6 hours, should probably go to bed. I'll update the tourney thread tomorrow when I get home from college orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom