• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computron

This medal isn't in the game is it?
Multikill.jpg

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Multi_Kill_Medal

Apparently not.

FyreWulff

I remember at one point all the Stats API developers were going to get the original super-hi-res of every medal in Reach for use in apps. Then the release was mysteriously killed off with a disgruntled post from a Bungie employee and that was that.

Of course, there's no such thing as a Stats API developer anymore, so whatever.

Computron

There's a incineration medal, and there is no Flamethrower/Fire Bomb in game

Don't you remember that section on the New Alexandria level where the falcon crashes into the fuel tank and it spills over, allowing you to light the floor on fire by shooting the ground and burn the jakals?

I have pretty much done all of my work that doesn't use footage or images in illustrator. There's no point to limiting yourself to pixels unless you have to or want to use specific effects.

My friend told me to take the final HaloGAF logo I made and trace it in illustrator. What an amazing program! It was so hard to make it look right with the small details of the logo, but after about 2 hours of tweaking it came out awesome. The idea of no pixels is crazy, but the final work looks awesome.

My friend told me to take the final HaloGAF logo I made and trace it in illustrator. What an amazing program! It was so hard to make it look right with the small details of the logo, but after about 2 hours of tweaking it came out awesome. The idea of no pixels is crazy, but the final work looks awesome.

It's cleaner and if you're using original artwork that doesn't need brushes or specific textures it's worth doing it in illustrator instead. You can still fake a lot of stuff in illustrator.

For instance these are all illustrator:

nU0gL.jpg

LtUzz.png

fH72T.png

It's cleaner and if you're using original artwork that doesn't need brushes or specific textures it's worth doing it in illustrator instead. You can still fake a lot of stuff in illustrator.

For instance these are all illustrator:

Did you make those? They are awesome! I am much more comfortable with Photoshop and will become even more comfortable with it after my graphic design class this fall. Illustrator is like a foreign language to me. Just tracing my logo took ages to get right.

Did you make those? They are awesome! I am much more comfortable with Photoshop and will become even more comfortable with it after my graphic design class this fall. Illustrator is like a foreign language to me. Just tracing my logo took ages to get right.

Yes I made them, thanks. What I suggest you do is where you can use shapes, do that instead and then use pathfinder to merge them.

a zoojoo

Banned
Same here. I'm running CS4. That is to say, i know my way around AI as well. Adobe Certified Associate fo lyfe

Ken

Oh god i am confused. thought i was seeing things

http://i.minus.com/ir9nyqDcysMTP.JPG[IMG]

also, i think i forgot how to use illustrator =/

EDIT: holy shit astroturfings avatar says evolution[/QUOTE]

It's funny because Timedog's avatar has the proper orientation for that piece.

Oh yea it was mentioned earlier but why did like everybodys NAT go to moderate a few days ago? Both me and Kyles did then I remember someone else mentioned it here. Not even the same ISP's.

Yes I made them, thanks. What I suggest you do is where you can use shapes, do that instead and then use pathfinder to merge them.

Been curious for a while: "it looks like they forgot to plug in the green component cable" colors aside, what's your opinion on the concept of Halo 4's medals: that is, sticking to a flat 6 colors (black/white/negative or transparent, and then for now cyan/magenta/yellow) and unifying the designs for medals globally without the use of any depth/texture effects/etc? Is it lazy from a designer's perspective or at least justified/respectable in this case?

Swarmerr

Oh yea it was mentioned earlier but why did like everybodys NAT go to moderate a few days ago? Both me and Kyles did then I remember someone else mentioned it here. Not even the same ISP's.

Team downers is getting nat hit??? lol i kid and have no idea what is going on.

Oh god i am confused. thought i was seeing things

http://i.minus.com/ir9nyqDcysMTP.JPG[IMG]

EDIT: holy shit astroturfings avatar says evolution, right under devolution[/QUOTE]

Someone accused me of basically waking up timedog to post, and I said we should start joking about how we're one being. That he should just wear my avatar flipped. We've already confused several people now.

[quote="Wahrer Machine, post: 40666255"]Been curious for a while: "it looks like they forgot to plug in the green component cable" colors aside, what's your opinion on the concept of Halo 4's medals: that is, sticking to a flat 6 colors (black/white/negative or transparent, and then for now cyan/magenta/yellow) and unifying the designs for medals globally without the use of any depth/texture effects/etc? Is it lazy from a designer's perspective or at least justified/respectable in this case?[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't seem lazy if the top graphic was more well designed. Graphic design doesn't have to be intricate, it just has to seem like it's got more depth or fits within the confines of the rest of game, campaign, etc. Those medals just scream out of place to me, and apparently not just me. Even with a color shift as you said, they could seem more in tune with the rest of what's going on.

a zoojoo

Banned
I don't think I've seen anything posted by him that wasn't a meme, a gif, or a reference to heckfu...
You should go see a doctor about that. I post fine. I choose to post in the style i do because it works for me. I don't critisize the way you post, so i would appriciate if you'd kindly bugger off. :p

There's been plenty of us who post inane bullshit in here in past threads myself included, so I can't say fuck all about being spammy. Especially when my Reach posts have amounted to "fuck this game" more than any other kind of post.

Aggrotek

You should go see a doctor about that. I post fine. I choose to post in the style i do because it works for me. I don't critisize the way you post, so i would appriciate if you'd kindly bugger off. :p

I honestly have no issue with you personally, so I don't appreciate the hostility there. I just think you post too often/unnecessarily. This isn't tumblr or twitter, it is a forum for communication. I was communicating my opinion.

At least he's not a dick like the past few juniors that suicided. He seems like a genuinely nice person, so I have no problems with that.
And I agree with this. Merely pointing out what others have said. Don't understand why he decides to call me out.

a zoojoo

Banned
I honestly have no issue with you personally, so I don't appreciate the hostility there. I just think you post too often/unnecessarily. This isn't tumblr or twitter, it is a forum for communication. I was communicating my opinion.
I honestly don't want to be hostile towards anyone, i agree i might post a bit more than nessicary, but i try to do so in a way that contributes/ brings light-heartedness/humor to a conversation. I see now i overeacted, so i apoligize for my frustration/hostility.

Aggrotek

I honestly don't want to be hostile towards anyone, i agree i might post a bit more than nessicary, but i try to do so in a way that contributes/ brings light-heartedness/humor to a conversation. I see now i overeacted, so i apoligize for my frustration/hostility.

It's fine dude. No harm no foul. We cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom