• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
New thread you say?
4AQV4.gif
Kill it MIT fire.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Let's have a moment of silence for all the moments of silence that were tragically lost due to the over-posting in the previous thread.
I really want to challenge everyone to write more meaningful, substantive posts. Joke posts are awesome and important to this place being a community. Same goes with off topic posts. But I want people to take a few moments before hitting New Reply and think about whether they're adding anything, whether it's thought, insight, humor, whatever.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I really want to challenge everyone to write more meaningful, substantive posts. Joke posts are awesome and important to this place being a community. Same goes with off topic posts. But I want people to take a few moments before hitting New Reply and think about whether they're adding anything, whether it's thought, insight, humor, whatever.
Tl;dr

heckfu

Banned
Starting Half-Life 2 tonight...you guys like it?

Here's my insight: use a step-ladder. It's a lot easier getting off your high horse that way.

Starting Half-Life 2 tonight...you guys like it?

Here's my insight: use a step-ladder. It's a lot easier getting off your high horse that way.

LOL the ol' bait and switch.

Also, I just finally got around to playing through Half Life 2 for the first time just the other day (or NEARLY completed, got a little distracted). It is actually pretty good, for it's age. Looking forward to playing through Ep. 1 and 2.

Also, I just finally got around to playing through Half Life 2 for the first time just the other day (or NEARLY completed, got a little distracted). It is actually pretty good, for it's age. Looking forward to playing through Ep. 1 and 2.

Episode 3 is easily the best. It really ties up some of the loose ends and makes the story truly cohesive...

heckfu

Banned

I'm excited, genuinely know very little about it though.

Ramirez

Page 2 already?! We'll be on OT8 in 2 days!

Oml3t where da fuq did you go?

There is an armor set that is exclusive to the Limited Edition Xbox...
I already have an Xbox and I don't want to spend an extra 400 bucks on top of the 100 I'm spending on the game just so I can have all the armor.
Please tell me BS angel messed up and meant you get an armor skin and not an actual armor set.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You were in the top five for most of the last OT until you went on vacation.

Posting a lot isn't a bad thing. Jokes are the main things we do, and it's hilarious.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You were in the top five for most of the last OT until you went on vacation.

Posting a lot isn't a bad thing. Jokes are the main things we do, and it's hilarious.
Yeah, I just want people to not spam posts. Jokes are fine. I'm not really sure where I draw the line. It's all subjective anyways, so this is probably a futile mission. You can have your step ladder back, Heckfu.

Slaker117

There is an armor set that is exclusive to the Limited Edition Xbox...
I already have an Xbox and I don't want to spend an extra 400 bucks on top of the 100 I'm spending on the game just so I can have all the armor.
Please tell me BS angel messed up and meant you get an armor skin and not an actual armor set.

Frankie implied that the exclusive content might show up as DLC sometime after the game releases. It still kind of sucks if you're OCD about that stuff, but at least their will be a clear path to obtaining it. Probably.

GhaleonEB

Things I hope to learn more about during this OT:

• Additional game types, including returning, updated classics such as CTF.
  • Halo 4's matchmaking system.
  • The player progression and ranking systems.
  • Networking improvements and features (drop in, etc.).
  • Vehicle designs and implementation (health bound to player health?).
  • A larger reveal on Forge. Was what we saw the extent of the new feature set?
  • What changes are coming to Theater?
  • In-game Waypoint integration?

A BTS about the game, talking about the design challenges and philosophy would be grand, similar to the ones Bungie used to do. I would also like a pony.

Frankie implied that the exclusive content might show up as DLC sometime after the game releases. It still kind of sucks if you're OCD about that stuff, but at least their will be a clear path to obtaining it. Probably.

If it's paid DLC I will ram my head into the wall.

Also, got a link to where he said this?

Slaker117

If it's paid DLC I will ram my head into the wall.

Also, got a link to where he said this?

I believe it was first stated at one of the Comic-con panels, but it was also repeated in last week's bulletin.

With the console bundle, you announced that it would come with exclusive in-game content. Is this in-game content the same as the Limited Edition bundle content? - The Little Moa

The content is different and unique to each SKU. While we know there are completionists that would like to have it all, it’s not unreasonable to think that we may eventually make all of the content available one day. I would also like to point out, since this is a thing that generates lots of conversation, that the unique or exclusive items are custom created and curated for that purpose or promotion or partner, rather than simply redistributed from stuff created for the shipping game. It’s a subtle distinction I suppose, but in our case a real one.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah, I just want people to not spam posts. Jokes are fine. I'm not really sure where I draw the line. It's all subjective anyways, so this is probably a futile mission. You can have your step ladder back, Heckfu.

Posting without substance is just noise, I agree with him & Dani, but I don't really care.
One reason I post stuff like jokes/off topic content/etc is because the regular discussion consists like 3 topics that endlessly repeat.

And yes, I know I'm guilty of a few (lol probably a lot) posts that could be considered as pointless. However, I'll take heckfu.gif over the typical sequence of events anytime.

So, Specializations. Why haven't we really discussed these in depth yet? I take it if you choose something like Vehicles as your Specializations you'll get things like

-More boost for Ghost, Banshee, Wraith
-Quicker fire rates
-Longer turret fire duration before overheat on Warthog

Is this the path Specializations are taking?

So, Specializations. Why haven't we really discussed these in depth yet? I take it if you choose something like Vehicles as your Specializations you'll get things like

-Quicker fire rates

My understanding is that it is more like: you choose vehicles and you eventually unlock vehicle skins/other visual stuff, then a couple of armor mods, then an AA (possibly).

Lucky number 7!

On second thought kittens...you may be right.

Sai-kun

Banned
wait what's the story with the thread title?

Tawpgun's Amazing Writing said:
Juices: [bringing the Tawpgun to the Wolfpack] Noble Wolves Barrow and Steely, I have brought the incompetent.
Barrow Roll: You may leave, Juices.
Juices: But...
Barrow Roll: And take Team Downer with you
Juices: [disappointed] Release the BK
[leaves]

edit: i HAVE to change my fucking avatar

fuck

A BTS about the game, talking about the design challenges and philosophy would be grand, similar to the ones Bungie used to do. I would also like a pony.

Based on Frankies explanation at the end of the last podcast I guess I'm expecting that stuff once the game goes gold, so in about 6 weeks? It will be a potentially awesome media blitz leading up to the game.

Here's to another 400 pages of spam!

senador

Banned
First page still? Crazy.

Just worked a 14 hour day of coding. Have to do it again tomorrow too, and maybe every day til next Wednesday. Blows.

I've been behind on Halo 4 news for a while. Anything worthwhile I should go back for?

Duji

I'm curious about the new ranking system. Is the whole thing about the rank only being visible to the user 100% confirmed by the way?

Very curious about everything in that list (well maybe not theater just cause I don't really except changes), but I also don't really expect hearing solid, detailed, from the horses mouth info on these items in the near future. Hopefully I'm wrong.

-Quicker fire rates

I think the discussion of them has been so light because the explanation was so vague that we still don't really know what they are/give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom