• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
chimpreverseulk63.gif

Awesome thread title.

http://www.abload.de/img/chimpreverseulk63.gif[IMG]

Awesome thread title.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Anyway, I see I was the top poster again...

[IMG]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50509_86122803608_7062357_n.jpg

I really want to challenge everyone to write more meaningful, substantive posts. Joke posts are awesome and important to this place being a community. Same goes with off topic posts. But I want people to take a few moments before hitting New Reply and think about whether they're adding anything, whether it's thought, insight, humor, whatever.

Although, you were getting flak from HeckFu, I agree with you completely. I'll try to do adhere to it myself from now on, however, I will spam notifications of me being on H3 from time to time. :p

Woorloog

Banned
Strange thread title.

Why is it strange?

Juices should have replied "But... I thought-"

EDIT gotta check the cinematics transcript... i hope i rememberd the lines right.
EDIT Duh, didn't quite remember it right. Placement of the lines..
Prophet of Truth: "You may leave, Tartarus."

Tartarus: "But...I thought—"

Prophet of Truth: "And take your Brutes with you."

zap

New home, already page 3... I feel like I hardly posted in the last thread... Damn it Juniors, you're crowding out everyone else.

rOkGS.gif

Fuchsdh

Not a bad |OT| title, off for more frivolity before another reveal causes a frenzy.

Question: why is Ghaleon (almost) always the guy who posts the OT? What de facto position did he inherit?

Striker

Even before Reach was announced I pretty much didn't want Coag to come back because of how wide open it was. I'm still pretty much against it ever coming back again. Spirtual successors like Valhalla and Tempest are much better for modern Halo.
The Coag/Blood Gulch type maps are completely fine if the vehicle combat, gametypes, and basic general settings (i.e. sprints, jetpacks, etc.) are properly balanced. With the abundance of new quirks we've been dealt with since Halo 3, like the vehicle stun, the plasma pistol EMP, Spartan Laser, and so on, it's been a forgetful experience overall. Too much commotion without enough substance. But I s'pose that is "modern Halo". :|

As for future BTB maps. I can't agree with builds like Valhalla getting pulled off well. Even with the inconsistent BR in 3 it still held down players at their own base far too often. Now you would factor in a 3x zoom DMR, which is either extremely likely, and hitscan, which I personally have no problem with. It would derail the map and basically make it one sided, and pretty handily. The size needs increased, and I'm sure we'll get large based big team maps. That's where Tempest falls short - it's better for your typical 5v5 or 6v6 contest, which seems to fit in Halo 4's Objective style playlist. We'll probably see more maps like that, in terms of size. Hopefully there's enough asymmetrical maps to go around this time. You had your rarities in High Ground and Powerhouse, but there's not enough, and even those were fairly mediocre compared to something like Zanzibar. In the coming months, hopefully we see more reveals on the new maps. Make the Bulletin useful. ;)

TheOddOne

Why is it strange?

Juices should have replied "But... I thought-"

EDIT gotta check the cinematics transcript... i hope i rememberd the lines right.
EDIT Duh, didn't quite remember it right. Placement of the lines..
Prophet of Truth: "You may leave, Tartarus."

Tartarus: "But...I thought—"

Prophet of Truth: "And take your Brutes with you."
tumblr_lzln2vsRZo1qzlvmi.gif

Louis Wu

lol - went to bed about 20 minutes before new thread was started, show up 6 hours later, it's already on page 2. I'm gonna miss a lot of stuff when I go on vacation next week. :) (Heh - maybe you'll be on OT8 when I get back...)

Talents

Banned
Wonder how fast (or slow) this thread will move seeing as there can't be that much more major news to be released apart from the ranking system...

Fuchsdh

Wonder how fast (or slow) this thread will move seeing as there can't be that much more major news to be released apart from the ranking system...

That's assuming they don't release a teaser campaign or multi trailer, don't give us direct feeds, BTS or show another map closer to release.

We've still got a fair ways to go before the marketing train rolls up, but I don't doubt we'll see something besides ranks. Most people don't care that much about that.

I find this statement really confusing. Is it a personal bias thing about what you're interested in? Because there's plenty of major news items to come that will generate lots of discussion... like the items in Ghal's list from yesterday.

Sordid

Has anything been mentioned about the betrayal system? As much as I love being betrayed 4+ times by the same person with no boot option (but 1 accidental betrayal by me means I'm booted) I'm hoping things change.

m23

So hopefully we get that trailer in HD tomorrow, only the lucky few will be able to see it in theaters. I'm going to finally see Dark Knight on Saturday and if the trailer is shown.......I will scream.

Talents

Banned
I find this statement really confusing. Is it a personal bias thing about what you're interested in? Because there's plenty of major news items to come that will generate lots of discussion... like the items in Ghal's list from yesterday.

wut? No, I was just wondering what other big news could be released apart from the ranking system? I literally can't think of anything else to be released.

Has anything been mentioned about the betrayal system? As much as I love being betrayed 4+ times by the same person with no boot option (but 1 accidental betrayal by me means I'm booted) I'm hoping things change.
As far as I know in Halo: Reach, no matter how immaculate one's friendly fire history, 3 or more betrayals in a single match by a specific player will always give the teammate most recently betrayed by said player the option to boot him or her.

I believe the game also tracks friendly fire (across matches), so that players that inflict more damage upon teammates are able to be booted sooner than after 3 betrayals. I also think that a betrayal that occurs early enough in the match will immediately give the betrayed teammate the option to boot.

Fuchsdh

As far as I know in Halo: Reach, no matter how immaculate one's friendly fire history, 3 or more betrayals in a single match by a specific player will always give the the teammate most recently betrayed by said player the option to boot him or her.

Yeah I think that's the hard limit. The problem is below that threshold the Halo games seem to try and use context to avoid false positives, but usually it just seems to benefit the first mover and any retaliation will lead to the boot option.

wut? No, I was just wondering what other big news could be released apart from the ranking system? I literally can't think of anything else to be released.
My point is, a new trailer would be considered big news. A chapter of The Thursday War would be considered big news etc. A new map, etc.

Trey

I really want to challenge everyone to write more meaningful, substantive posts. Joke posts are awesome and important to this place being a community. Same goes with off topic posts. But I want people to take a few moments before hitting New Reply and think about whether they're adding anything, whether it's thought, insight, humor, whatever.

Nah.

Sordid

As far as I know in Halo: Reach, no matter how immaculate one's friendly fire history, 3 or more betrayals in a single match by a specific player will always give the teammate most recently betrayed by said player the option to boot him or her.

That can't be true, I had a recent game on Hemo where a dude had 7 betrayals on my brother and I and we never got the option to boot him :/

Edit: This dude here:
H2b6n.png

I believe the game also tracks friendly fire (across matches), so that players that inflict more damage upon teammates are able to be booted sooner than after 3 betrayals. I also think that a betrayal that occurs early enough in the match will immediately give the betrayed teammate the option to boot.

Now this I can believe, my aim is pretty bad :lol

New thread. New air. This will be the PAX thread. Big news awaits us!

I could tell you the origin story of the wolfpack, but I feel like that would diminish our mystique.

Uh, what? I was the one in the chat telling people to knock it off. Whoever it was that said
that gif was kind of an ending spoiler
is the one whom you should be thanking/getting mad at.
Didn't you post that
Dish dish wash wash/wish wish dash dash thing at the Facebook group?

Tawpgun

New thread. New air. This will be the PAX thread. Big news awaits us!

Didn't you post that
Dish dish wash wash/wish wish dash dash thing at the Facebook group?

Last OT took us only 22 days.

Even without all the events, this would should be done with by PAX.

Hopefully.

Otherwise its gonna be obnoxious updating it during PAX.

kylej

Banned
from the old thread but

If only they implemented a teamless playlist...but no...no...they are too busy making halo amateur movies while they have a game in desperate need of a playlist fix and a game thats not getting as much attention as it should.

But FUCK I am going to enjoy that one time I watch that amateur shitty Halo movie. Who cares if the game I'll play for hours every day sucks!

That amateur Halo movie is very important, sir. Literally tens of people will watch and enjoy it, it's far more important than Halo 4 direct feed footage or explanations of changes in the game.

Theatre reveal still to come.

I hope that's a feature they've made a determined effort to improve. Things like

- Upload to Youtube
- Skip to highlights (say a killtac happens at 2.50 or a flagcap at 4.10, you'd be able to skip straight to it)
- Inbuilt montage maker
- The ability to watch movies with friends in the lobby

would really show a discernable leap in the five years since we were first greeted by this excellent feature.

cocamola

Banned
from the old thread but

That amateur Halo movie is very important, sir. Literally tens of people will watch and enjoy it, it's far more important than Halo 4 direct feed footage or explanations of changes in the game.

The FoD was summed up to me when a 10 year old child(who some how fell into my XBL party) started expressing his thoughts loudly down the microphone about the trailer.
His excitement to see a master chief on screen, I thought he had a heart attack. Plus come on we all know it was going to rubbish.

It's not like Halo Legends was any good..

- Inbuilt montage maker

Halo 4 now ships with Adobe Premiere.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
from the old thread but

Thread title vindicated.

Also, I'm sure you two are smart enough to realize totally different teams are working on those marketing pieces/movie.

Swarmerr

Announcements for halo 4 that would be important to me:

1)Skill based rank system
visible plz, k thx :(
2)Group or clan like tracking systems. (a system that would track whatever team you made up and on your service record it would display the team's win/loss record, best other team you have beaten, maybe an individual skill based rank assigned to the team, lastly show team roles like for instance; A player with the most oddball time, flag caps would be crowned the team's objective player, (player with most kills the slayer), player with most assists the support player, and whatever else that could be thought of
3)See number 1
4)See number 3
5)Party restrictions across all ranked playlists, hopefully all playlists anyway
6)Color palettes in forge, (different forge environments do not count
7)Custom game options, hopefully things like individual weapon modifiers, individual weapon reload time options, individual weapon rate of fire options

from the old thread but
If only they implemented a teamless playlist...but no...no...they are too busy making halo amateur movies while they have a game in desperate need of a playlist fix and a game thats not getting as much attention as it should.

But FUCK I am going to enjoy that one time I watch that amateur shitty Halo movie. Who cares if the game I'll play for hours every day sucks!
Must...not....ignore....gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm still.. surprised by it being a Machinima thing. I mean Machinima as a YouTube brand is pretty damn big, but I expected TV or some more mass market channel (E! or something?)
I guess Machinima targets the a fairly general gaming mass who will push hopefully virally spread it.
Thread title vindicated.

Also, I'm sure you two are smart enough to realize totally different teams are working on those marketing pieces/movie.
Of course, but that money pool to afford resources for Reach's MM team seems .. smaller than we think it should be.

As I was kind of saying last night, the few years of 343 could make for a great book.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Theatre reveal still to come.

I hope that's a feature they've made a determined effort to improve. Things like

- Upload to Youtube
- Skip to highlights (say a killtac happens at 2.50 or a flagcap at 4.10, you'd be able to skip straight to it)
- Inbuilt montage maker
- The ability to watch movies with friends in the lobby

would really show a discernable leap in the five years since we were first greeted by this excellent feature.
I'll give you everything but the bolded. You're asking for an entire program there running ontop of the game that's running on ancient hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom