• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what is this nonsense. 343 Just crushed the Rumour that H2A was being actively developed right? Not that it would never be made. H:CEA was did fantastic job at making CE fresh for a new generation and its been a pretty big wish of mine to get H2:A made.
Mmm sorry. I should have clarified saying until they've fully decided to do an HD Remake of Halo 2. I'll edit my post.

I remember someone said "Remake Halo 3" in a discussion thread of Halo 2: Anniversary.
So Much Fail. I don't even know.

Wait what is this nonsense. 343 Just crushed the Rumour that H2A was being actively developed right?

That's how I read it. Future development was not ruled out. The statement came because a rumor had leaked that there was a team already working on it, which would be silly given the schedule 343 has to keep this year. AFAIK- the statement made was only addressing the rumor that development was already underway- nothing was said about what may or may not happen down the road.

kylej

Banned
dunno why people are complaining about u4ix posts. just skip them if you don't like them instead of crying about it constantly. the dude has made more well reasoned, well written posts in the past 24 hours than half the people in this thread ever have.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
11pm in Greatest Britain right now, and still no video. Tick tock, tick tock.

I'm thinking "days" on this video, not hours. I'd love to be wrong though.

salty

i really don't appriciate being compared to a tumor

/salt

I'm sure the tumor feels the same way.

If you're gonna be that salty, may as well have some popcorn with it.

dunno why people are complaining about u4ix posts. just skip them if you don't like them instead of crying about it constantly. the dude has made more well reasoned, well written posts in the past 24 hours than half the people in this thread ever have.

He's also been acting like more of a colossal douche than most other people too. He should stick the the "well reasoned" posts and leave the other shit out if he wants to be taken seriously.

What has happened to this thread.

A slow unstoppable downward spiral.

Because he's being critical of 343, duh.

Good games guys, you lot are good. Im demanding a rematch in a couple of weeks!

Man I totally cant aim at the moment, im hoping I can fix that for Halo 4.

L1NETT

slrp ;-)

Anyways, is it reasonable to expect the video in the next two hours? Really should be getting an early(ish) night in yet I am staying up for a bulletin. A bulletin!

Remaking halo 2 mp makes no sense unless you want to kill the lifecycle of an original halo title

Halo 2 MP can get fucked for all i care, Give me 5-6 of the best maps in H4 and The campaign with co-op in HD.

Which gets me thinking.....

How plausible is it that something like Halo 2 Campaign could be remade in SpartanOps, Think of it like the Star Trek HoloDeck when they play around in a shakespear story or sherlock Holmes.

You get 1-2 missions per fortnight for example, Loadouts are disabled Forced Current Chief/Arbiter Models onto players, Perhaps even old weapon skins/models.

FyreWulff

Woo! Talked to the store, they're offering to exchange the BMIS for the BMI Pro. Going for it, I think.

Also, the end of this year is gonna be good in general. Within a span of like two weeks, it's going to be like.. buy
and work
H4 at launch, Wii U launch, CoD launch.. then back to Nebraska for Thanksgiving.. because I'm totally doing both countries' Thanksgivings this year.

Remaking halo 2 mp makes no sense unless you want to kill the lifecycle of an original halo title

Also it'd be dead within 3 weeks.

Woorloog

Banned
How plausible is it that something like Halo 2 Campaign could be remade in SpartanOps, Think of it like the Star Trek HoloDeck when they play around in a shakespear story or sherlock Holmes.

You get 1-2 missions per fortnight for example, Loadouts are disabled Forced Current Chief/Arbiter Models onto players, Perhaps even old weapon skins/models.

Whoah, what a great idea.

Just no forced old weapons, not much point in that, IMO. Would love to play Halo 2 with an Assault Rifle.

Tawpgun

dumb it down.

seriously, whatever man.

We arent little kids have an internet e-peen battle.

Im just saying sarcastic or not you know that was inferring something it shouldnt have been

He used sarcasm, we should ban him.
That was sarcasm too, in case you weren't able to pick up on that either

He brought up a very good point. I've always wanted custom button remapping because I always thought I could make a small change to the buttons to benefit my playing, but the option I wanted wasn't offered.

Never did I think about the implications for disabled gamers. I don't see why you're jumping on him for bringing it up. Seems to me you think he's taking advantage of disabled gamers struggles in order to push his agenda. That's not what I got from his post at all. Just seems you took the sarcasm a little too seriously.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
He used sarcasm, we should ban him.
That was sarcasm too, in case you weren't able to pick up on that either

He brought up a very good point. I've always wanted custom button remapping because I always thought I could make a small change to the buttons to benefit my playing, but the option I wanted wasn't offered.

Never did I think about the implications for disabled gamers. I don't see why you're jumping on him for bringing it up. Seems to me you think he's taking advantage of disabled gamers struggles in order to push his agenda. That's not what I got from his post at all. Just seems you took the sarcasm a little too seriously.

I just now noticed what you did with your avatar.

I feel dumb.

I imagine that it would be wrapped into H4 in a similar fashion to what they did with CEA's multiplayer with Reach.

dont like that idea. as much as i like halo 2, i think that halo 4 needs to stay as halo 4 and have none of this reach bullshit . i dont want this nonsense of having a billion different playlists just for the sake of having them. either stick with the original gameplay or patch every playlist. now on the other hand, if 343 is willing to remake just the maps, im all down. im really hoping for a day 1 free map download (of all the most popular maps in halo history)

nillapuddin

Halo 2 Campaign done through Spartan Ops

A friend and I were just discussing that the other night, I think the success of Spartan Ops will determine alot of things moving forward from here.

Spin off "games", remakes, etc.

Certainly an interesting possibility, hopefully it does well and opens the doors for new (or "old") experiences in engine

Woo! Talked to the store, they're offering to exchange the BMIS for the BMI Pro. Going for it, I think.

Also, the end of this year is gonna be good in general. Within a span of like two weeks, it's going to be like.. buy
and work
H4 at launch, Wii U launch, CoD launch.. then back to Nebraska for Thanksgiving.. because I'm totally doing both countries' Thanksgivings this year.

Are there any/what are launch games for the Wii U?

Serious question, as I've never seen a company market a new product worse than the Wii U.

A friend and I were just discussing that the other night, I think the success of Spartan Ops will determine alot of things moving forward from here.

Spin off "games", remakes, etc.

Certainly an interesting possibility, hopefully it does well and opens the doors for new (or "old") experiences in engine

I hope Spartan Ops is well recieved so smaller stories could be done using the technology behind it.

Spin Off DLC for example, Rookie and Bucks ODST's after Halo3ODST, Noble team's final mission with Thom, Spartan 3's on Onyx.

I'd support a feature like that with money and lots of it until I was bankrupt.

Don't look back!

He probably got scared off by what this thread turned into. I imagine he will be in the Halo 4 OT. I hope, along with the others.

I believe it was Reach that drove him into the arms of Battlefield...can't be sure. He's also responsible for my original avatar.

TCKaos

Halo 2 MP can get fucked for all i care, Give me 5-6 of the best maps in H4 and The campaign with co-op in HD.

Which gets me thinking.....

I'd love for this to happen, and I'd rather something like this have happened to Halo: Reach instead of Anniversary. Getting the campaign remade for the Reach sandbox so that you could play through it with three other friends using your custom SPARTANs. Missions could have been expanded (Silent Cartographer would be awesome with more above ground engagements) or cut horribly short and left to die bleeding in some filthy fucking pit somewhere (The Library).

Then in the true Reach spirit they could have ported parts of the new campaign in to multiplayer for use in Invasion and Firefight.

I think it could have worked out quite well.

FyreWulff

Are there any/what are launch games for the Wii U?

Serious question, as I've never seen a company market a new product worse than the Wii U.

Much like MS/343, Nintendo is holding their cards to spike interest closer to release. We're still 3 months away on both. That's an eternity in retail.

There's a bunch of launch games. Can't find the other GAF thread, but Ubi is certainly going to be there so far:

click for thread. quite possible Halo 4 comes out, a week later BLOPS hits, then a week later the Wii U hits. CRAZY.

Woorloog

Banned
I hope Spartan Ops is well recieved smaller stories could be done using the technology behind it.

Spin Off DLC for example, Rookie and Bucks ODST's after Halo3ODST, Noble team's final mission with Thom, Spartan 3's on Onyx.

Yes, this so very much.
Would love to play scenarios from Halo books, Halo Wars, completly new stuff. And as you say, i'd pay for it too.

Arnie

I'm thinking "days" on this video, not hours. I'd love to be wrong though.
Same, so I'm going to watch an episode of The Office and then head to bed. At a wedding tomorrow, might watch the video on my iPhone whilst the vows are being declared. There's something poetic about watching a Halo video whilst people are announcing their love and unbridled commitment to one another, through the good times and the bad.

/creeper mode activated, that other guy needed some attention deflected away from him

nillapuddin

I hope Spartan Ops is well recieved smaller stories could be done using the technology behind it.

All the money.

Assuredly if we are thinking it so is 343, and

(takes a second to think...)

I have a feeling they like making money.

I bet their fingers are crossed the fan-base is really responsive to SpOps so they can do just what you said, more stories with SP-III's and IV's, ODST's...

With 3 years between major game releases, and season 1 of SpOps only lasting 3 1/2 months, theres alot of time to think up and deploy new stories

The man power in office chairs at 343 is crazy, hopefully they can spare some time to keep the fans going once the map packs run out

Talents

Banned
Same, so I'm going to watch an episode of The Office and then head to bed. At a wedding tomorrow, might watch the video on my iPhone whilst the vows are being declared. There's something poetic about watching a Halo video whilst people are announcing their love and unbridled commitment to one another, through the good times and the bad.

/creeper mode activated, that other guy needed some attention deflected away from him

I can imagine it now

"Do you take this man to be your lawfu--"

"FUCK YEAH RANKING SYSTEM WOOO!"

TCKaos

Much like MS/343, Nintendo is holding their cards to spike interest closer to release. We're still 3 months away on both. That's an eternity in retail.

There's a bunch of launch games. Can't find the other GAF thread, but Ubi is certainly going to be there so far:

click for thread. quite possible Halo 4 comes out, a week later BLOPS hits, then a week later the Wii U hits. CRAZY.

Eh, I think this could play out to Nintendo's disadvantage. There's going to be another problem where people think this is a new edition of the same Wii or have no idea what the differences are. This happened with the DS somethin' fierce, and I'm pretty sure that the confusion along with the lack of great launch software was a punch right the the nads for Nintendo's bottom line. I don't want to see the same thing happen again, but they're not taking the needed steps to insure it doesn't.

And to make it somewhat more relevant, I can see the same thing happening with Halo 4. They're talking about a million new features but haven't explained a single one of them. I honestly have no idea what this game is going to play like and I feel like I'm getting baited with "JUST TRUST US GUYS WE'LL VAGUELY EXPLAIN IT IN A FEW WEEKS" and then even that never happens. Most of the stuff we know is from leaks, right? Or shit, we've gleamed almost as much information from McFarlane and MegaBloks as we've actually formally received from Microsoft.

Woorloog

Banned
Really??

I'd thought that the UNSC Infinity's early showing in the campaign would give them a reason to have 3 other Spartan IVs fight alongside the Chief.

You do know that you meet the UNSC Infinity 1/3rd into campaign, not in the first or second mission (or even third mission i reckon)?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
You do know that you meet the UNSC Infinity 1/3rd into campaign, not in the first or second mission (or even third mission i reckon)?

Oh, oops.

I'm cool with four Chiefs, I'd just thought the UNSC Infinity would be a perfect reason for multiple Spartans in campaign co-op.

Vire

Even if we get a video, Ellis basically said not to get our hopes up. New accolades shit probably. :_P

It'll show off a newly redesigned sniper rifle, the ranking system, new maps, more armor abilities and will reveal who the ancient enemy is.

Right?

I dunno, I kind of see his point. Having 4 chiefs running around is not really beneficial to the canon at some point you just gotta say fuck it.

Its most likely going to be 3-4 missions before the we get to the UNSC Infinity, what sounds better.

A full campaign of canon breaking or 3-4 missions of canon breaking with a the final set making sense (somewhat).

The campaign is never going to be built with Co-Op in mind the events and scenarios just do not work for it, we seen that with Nitro and Uzi in Halo 3 so the point is moot.

Has a bulletin for today been confirmed?

u7jrk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom