• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

a zoojoo

Banned
Someone please explain why there is another podcast being done here besides HaloGAF Radio. Seems a bit tasteless to be perfectly honest.
It's not supposed to be competition. There is only 3 people from GAF involved in it so far. Myself [host], Enfinit[Guest], and yourexwife [recorder/host?]. It was never intended to be a competitor to HGR, just some people talkin about halo among other stuff.

G17

Due to that Silentium description on Amazon I am wondering who the hell the flood allied themselves with. Also now that we know
that there are 2 Didacts
the theory that
John as the Geas of one of the Didacts
makes perfect sense.

(those are serious spoilers)

I don't think that theory is true Greg Bear on the the Universe panel had said
That Masterchief shares DNA with one of the human characters in the book. Yes I know that doesn't rule out the Geas perhaps if you argue about geas vs. DNA but I'm just re-iterating that statement Greg Bear made.

Someone please explain why there is another podcast being done here besides HaloGAF Radio. Seems a bit tasteless to be perfectly honest.

wasn't me! im just the logo maker...

why exactly are you making this zoojoo? casual players podcast? noobcast? juniorcast?

you need Oddone, the king of juniors

I really don't like Obam-ney. Still, whats the other viable choice?

there's always Ralph Nader!

"crickets"

lol, heretic, other than that, i love that map, it looks and plays well in my opinion.

Also, an early attempt. I decided to keep it simple this iteration, but as time goes on, it will get refined. It might not even have the same name by the time it's released

Any ideas/criticisms/comments would be appriciated.

Tried making one for yo--

Hey zoojoo, was bored and decided to make you a logo. just made it for fun.

i6Y8Jy6DKM3tF.jpg

edges are a little wierd, not to great at illustrator so i made it in photoshop, was easier.

:lol looks like someone else wanted to as well.

This is a completely rough draft, btw, just wanted to sketch everything before I tried doing it with actual resources:

sLfaw.png

I wanted to try and fit those Covenant crypto-glyph thingies into the actual name but had no idea how.
it just spells ZOOJOO btw

I just reached the daily credit limit for the first time ever...
50k credits off Nova :(
I committed the atrocity of playing too much halo reach.

a zoojoo

Banned
Tried making one for yo--

:lol looks like someone else wanted to as well.

This is a completely rough draft, btw, just wanted to sketch everything before I tried doing it with actual resources:

sLfaw.png

I wanted to try and fit those Covenant crypto-glyph thingies into the actual name but had no idea how.
it just spells ZOOJOO btw
<3
I'm liking that too. Just keep it simple, and it'll be great!

Also, just for reference, the C should be capitalized as well

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I just reached the daily credit limit for the first time ever...
50k credits off Nova :(
I committed the atrocity of playing too much halo reach.
credit caps

The game literally stops you from progressing even if you put up with all its shit.

credit caps

The game literally stops you from progressing even if you put up with all its shit.

Why do they still have that shit? The "reason" in the beginning was to prevent crazy boosting in case there was an exploit. There's not. Remove the cap. Sometimes these decisions are just moronic.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why do they still have that shit? The "reason" in the beginning was to prevent crazy boosting in case there was an exploit. There's not. Remove the cap. Sometimes these decisions are just moronic.
Can't play too much Reach it's not how the developers intended it!

Ryaaan14

Banned
It's not supposed to be competition. There is only 3 people from GAF involved in it so far. Myself [host], Enfinit[Guest], and yourexwife [recorder/host?]. It was never intended to be a competitor to HGR, just some people talkin about halo among other stuff.
You don't have to intend to compete for it to be poor judgment. I'm not going to go into it further if you don't understand. I don't wanna bring the drama if I have to type on my mobile device. Once I get my internet back up I'll construct a well versed post about this issue.

I don't really mind being somewhereelseGAF's scapegoat at this point though.

GhaleonEB

The very few full service pumps (not even stations) in Omaha, I'm not even sure a worker will come out and pump your gas if you park in them. They're like a little patch of 1950.

Also, I don't even think I've seen an actual gas station here in Vancouver yet. There's a 7-11 a block away but it's just a free standing store. Meanwhile, I could probably throw a rock in a random direction in Omaha and hit a gas station. Also x2, that was the first time in nearly a decade that I've been to a 7-11, they all left Nebraska a while back. I guess we pissed them off or something. If you try to use their store locator, it tells you to go to Kansas :lol

Hah, there's a 7-11 in our town - but it's not a gas station. Just the little shop. I didn't even know those things existed until we moved out here.

Halo? Halo. Gonna squeeze in a game of Doubles or two to cap the weekend.

Semi-relate: Zuma's Revenge is a pretty good puzzle game, and it has a color blind mode so I can actually play it, as a bonus. My hope is that Halo 4 takes this into consideration as well; the Halo games often have a little extra layer of difficulty for me because of it.

a zoojoo

Banned
You don't have to intend to compete for it to be poor judgment. I'm not going to go into it further if you don't understand. I don't wanna bring the drama if I have to type on my mobile device. Once I get my internet back up I'll construct a well versed post about this issue.

I don't really mind being somewhereelseGAF's scapegoat at this point though.
I don't see how it is poor judgement, will it take listeners away from HGR? It won't. It's not even intended for the same audience as HGR. Podcasting is not the same as politics or something, you can listen to both podcasts. You seem to be the only one gettin worked up over it, an explanation would be nice, because all i see is salt without a salt shaker.

TD;DR: You can have your cake and eat it too.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't see how it is poor judgement, will it take listeners away from HGR? It won't. It's not even intended for the same audience as HGR. You seem to be the only one gettin worked up over it, an explanation would be nice, because all i see is salt without a salt shaker.

Do people really call it "HGR"? lol

Had to quit out of Shadowrun, mic wasn't working. Sorry for betraying you JHall, that was my first time ever playing the game and I had no idea what was going on haha. I'm gonna go through the tutorials tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

FyreWulff

Whaaaaaaa Xsplit baby

Yeah but Adobe Flash Encoder is free :p

I'm done for now. Shadowrun seems a bit crashy/glitchy tonight. That was fun though. Up until all the vets found us and started steamrolling :lol You know you're fucked when you run into a guy who's gamertag is "IPlayShadowrun"

JHall

Had to quit out of Shadowrun, mic wasn't working. Sorry for betraying you JHall, that was my first time ever playing the game and I had no idea what was going on haha.

Haha it's all good man, we're just trying to have a good time. We don't care if you're good or bad.

Ramirez

I don't see how it is poor judgement, will it take listeners away from HGR? It won't. It's not even intended for the same audience as HGR. You seem to be the only one gettin worked up over it, an explanation would be nice, because all i see is salt without a salt shaker.

You can't subtract something from nothing.

spongebob.jpg

Noricart

Remember Warrant Officer? I don't think that got changed, and the reason for not doing so seemed pretty BS if I can recall.

Also:
Gauss Hog not OP at all. Hope it isn't in Halo 4 BTB, or at gets nerfed. (somehow)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yeah but Adobe Flash Encoder is free :p

I'm done for now. Shadowrun seems a bit crashy/glitchy tonight. That was fun though. Up until all the vets found us and started steamrolling :lol You know you're fucked when you run into a guy who's gamertag is "IPlayShadowrun"

Yea I use FME for Halo. The Xsplit Beta was a little buggy to be honest. I use Xsplit when I stream StarCraft 2 and it runs fine though. I never paid for it.

You can't subtract something from nothing.

spongebob.jpg

:lol bastard

m23

Due to that Silentium description on Amazon I am wondering who the hell the flood allied themselves with. Also now that we know
that there are 2 Didacts
the theory that
John as the Geas of one of the Didacts
makes perfect sense.

(those are serious spoilers)

I just don't see Chief having a Geas, he already has Cortana in his head what sense would it make to have another voice talking to him.

Ryaaan14

Banned
You seem to be the only one gettin worked up over it.
You'd be surprised of just how many people stay silent about things that bother them. Podcasts are a great way to entertain a community, and I think it would be a fantastic experience for you to even start your own Halo community somewhere and do a Podcast. Hell, after you do it just plug it here every once in a while. But don't thin the herd. We are all a part of HaloGAF and I enjoy having one all-encompassing show. Maybe I'm wrong, in which case I bet Unknown and the Moa vehicle guy would be perfect guests for your first show.

I just don't see Chief having a Geas, he already has Cortana in his head what sense would it make to have another voice talking to him.
m0nkey and Dopey were theorizing of
Master Chief having a Geas, which is true. Check Terminal 1 of CEA, 343GS states it. Most likely the Geas is from Chakas or Riser.

m23

m0nkey and Dopey were theorizing of
Master Chief having a Geas, which is true. Check Terminal 1 of CEA, 343GS states it. Most likely the Geas is from Chakas or Riser.

Just wouldn't make sense gameplay wise I mean.
Listening to Cortana and another voice would be pretty weird while playing.

a zoojoo

Banned
Cortana can become an antagonist and Chief would have another voice in his head.
You'd be surprised of just how many people stay silent about things that bother them. Podcasts are a great way to entertain a community, and I think it would be a fantastic experience for you to even start your own Halo community somewhere and do a Podcast. Hell, after you do it just plug it here every once in a while. But don't thin the herd. We are all a part of HaloGAF and I enjoy having one all-encompassing show. Maybe I'm wrong, in which case I bet Unknown and the Moa vehicle guy would be perfect guests for your first show.
That's the thing, it's not intended for just HaloGAF, hell, it's not intended for just the Halo community, it's intended for anyone who has a interest in geeky stuff we all get excited over. There is enough of just Halo podcasts, IMO.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just got carried on Uncaged by our random who went +8 with 21 kills.

Once in a lifetime, never before, never again.

Just wouldn't make sense gameplay wise I mean.
Listening to Cortana and another voice would be pretty weird while playing.

In Halo 3
"Cortana" keeps talking to your head showing signs of rampancy but when you really get her she doesnt act like that.

Karl2177

I'll guest on Real7alk. We need more of those. The last one was August 1, 2010...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, I don't really see this as an issue. I'd love to see a diversity of creative projects popping up from the community. The more the merrier. I'd also encourage people to hop on board already existing projects if collaboration makes sense. Sometimes reinventing the wheel results in innovation and awesomeness. Sometimes it's just redundant.

I don't feel like I'm quite able to articulate what I want to say, but ah well.

G17

Spoiler discussions seem to be theorizing a bit too much I will quote exactly what Greg Bear said on the topic. (Cryptum Spoilers in Greg Bear Universe Panel quotes)
"The Master Chief AND the Spartans are two unmixed strains of DNA somewhere embedded in one of my human characters in Halo Cryptum."
He went on to say "We're not sure of that yet.. we haven't actually done the diagram yet".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom