• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Ken

Most of the perks/specs have been previously accomplished through the use of team communication and learned experience.

Getting ambushed ? Call out your position/teamates can see your waypoint turning red/yellow. No need for a HLS.

Ordinance drop location ? Teammates can call out where it is.
Nemesis/Promithean/Awareness_Upgrade ? Teammates calling out opponents' position/direction and the rest filled in with map knowledge.

I don't think most of these belong in VS multiplayer but if its making gameplay more adaptable(COD is the king of this) then 343 is trying.

In matchmaking with randoms, there is no team communication so I don't see a problem where perks are designed to try to alleviate the stress of playing with randoms.

Of course, I have no idea what the perks actually do so I'm just going off whatever is in your post.

Bsigg12

If he thought Cryptum was exciting, then he'll think the same for Primordium. They're basically the same.

I really like the origin story stuff. It's cool, in my opinion, understanding where the things come from and the way they flush out lore that was brought to life in the games. I enjoyed the original printing of Fall of Reach but I think I like cryptum more because it flushes out details we will never (maybe) see in a game.
With that in mind, the whole Forerunner assuming another Forerunner ala the Didact and Born really through me for a loop in a few places there.

I find it very humorous – and not in the laughing at you mean humorous – that Bravo had notes prepared for the podcast. You can actually hear him flip through sheets of paper.

That dude is such a gentleman.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I find it very humorous – and not in the laughing at you mean humorous – that Bravo had notes prepared for the podcast. You can actually hear him flip through sheets of paper.

Uh oh, Dax has another man crush.

Also, you have a weird way of defining "gentleman," it's simply a smart thing to do if you're going to be talking on a "show" for public consumption, especially as a guest.

Yeah, he really wanted to get it right so to speak. Where were heckfu's notes I ask you??? In his beard?

I really like the origin story stuff. It's cool, in my opinion, understanding where the things come from and the way they flush out lore that was brought to life in the games. I enjoyed the original printing of Fall of Reach but I think I like cryptum more because it flushes out details we will never (maybe) see in a game.
With that in mind, the whole Forerunner assuming another Forerunner ala the Didact and Born really through me for a loop in a few places there.

I too really enjoy origin stories, and Fall of Reach is one of my top three Halo novels. The problem with the origin story of Cryptum and Primordium is.... it's not there. Nothing ever happens. You think nothing could be more insanely boring than Cryptum until you read Primordium. I really can't fathom what details are enjoyed for the majority of the book. The mildly interesting last fifty pages or so just can't compensate.

He was awesome at SDCC. Came up to us after the GAF/HBO vs 343 games and shook hands and talked about the games.

Very outgoing and friendly.

CyReN

If you guys didn't hear this weekend League of Legends top 2 teams in the finals played a team fiesta mode in the finals and decided to split the purse before hand at MLG Raleigh. So yea bring Halo back.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If you guys didn't hear this weekend League of Legends top 2 teams in the finals played a team fiesta mode in the finals and decided to split the purse before hand at MLG Raleigh. So yea bring Halo back.

They did something silly and entertaining so bring back Halo?

CyReN

They did something silly and entertaining so bring back Halo?

Do you understand my posts? or assume something else? second time you have commented but don't know the nature in what I am talking about. Not meaning to come off as a jerk but you confuse me with yesterdays ranks comment and this.

After playing Halo 4 today, I officially cannot wait until November 6.

Glad to hear, sucks I didn't make it out.

Anyone wanna place bets on how long it will take to leak after Halo 4 goes gold?

The french will probably have it the day after.

If MS are even half as strict on the issue as Activision are and barring some extra ordinary circumstances its going to be a while.

These things tend to only happen in a few ways.

Store Employee who gets the game shipped to store early (does not happen with bigger titles like halo or cod)

Printing Factory copies get smuggled out. (happened with Cod and activi went wild with law suite threats)

Its going to leak no doubt but my money is on 4-7 days before launch. I plan to spend the last week away from the internet with the exception of this thread.

ecurbj

^I agree. I don't want to hear any spoilers or leaks. Just press release information. That's it. Even Major Nelson can show stuff but as far as purposely leaks. Count me out.

I'm hyped for this game.

Uh oh, Dax has another man crush.
Uh oh!
Also, you have a weird way of defining "gentleman," it's simply a smart thing to do if you're going to be talking on a "show" for public consumption, especially as a guest.
I wasn't saying he was a "gentleman" simply from him coming prepared with notes for a videogame podcast. That line was a summation of my impressions of him from what I've seen of his videos and comments, like Biggy's about him. He wanted to make a good impression, so he came prepared, and was a guest, and throughout the show he was very nice and courteous to everyone.

GhaleonEB

Sound gentlemanly to me. He wanted to make a good impression, came prepared, he was a guest, and throughout the show he was very nice and courteous to everyone. And from what Biggy says, he's like that in real life too. I haven't finished the show yet, but he's been great so far.

Well, yeah. You've got a man-crush on him.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Uh oh!

I wasn't saying he was a "gentleman" simply from him coming prepared with notes for a videogame podcast. That line was a summation of my impressions of him from what I've seen of his videos and comments, like Biggy's about him. He wanted to make a good impression, so he came prepared, and was a guest, and throughout the show he was very nice and courteous to everyone.

Ah, that makes more sense. I took one to mean the other.

Also, when he had long hair he looked like "Jay" from Jay and silent bob to me. I wish he still had it.

Well, yeah. You've got a man-crush on him.

Lol.

Computron

If MS are even half as strict on the issue as Activision are and barring some extra ordinary circumstances its going to be a while.

These things tend to only happen in a few ways.

Store Employee who gets the game shipped to store early (does not happen with bigger titles like halo or cod)

Printing Factory copies get smuggled out. (happened with Cod and activi went wild with law suite threats)

Its going to leak no doubt but my money is on 4-7 days before launch. I plan to spend the last week away from the internet with the exception of this thread.

Didn't Halo Reach copies get robbed off a truck like 2 months in advance?

My money is on the underground hacker mafia that made all those 50's. Surely they will hack 343 servers and leak out Halo 4.

Well, actually...

I then went to game-tuts.com just now, first thing I see is:

ecUJr.png

Halo: Reach boosting.

In REACH.

IN 2012.

Nope, where did you even get that? When reach leaked it was from a guy pulling the .xcp from the MS servers and then a privateish group of people spending about 24 hours trying to get the xcp into a playerable state. And even then it only worked on JTAG consoles. The actual ISO didnt get put up untill like a week before launch

Fracas

#fuckonami
I believe you're thinking of Modern Warfare 3. Not sure if it was that long before launch though.

But yeah, I could easily see Halo 4 being leaked in some form not long after it goes gold. I really hope it doesn't though, because campaign is what I'm looking forward to most. Spoilers would kill me, haha.

Computron

Nope, where did you even get that? When reach leaked it was from a guy pulling the .xcp from the MS servers and then a privateish group of people spending about 24 hours trying to get the xcp into a playerable state. And even then it only worked on JTAG consoles. The actual ISO didnt get put up untill like a week before launch

My bad, Fracas is right:

o9Nod.png

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Do you understand my posts? or assume something else? second time you have commented but don't know the nature in what I am talking about. Not meaning to come off as a jerk but you confuse me with yesterdays ranks comment and this.

Glad to hear, sucks I didn't make it out.

You're talking about this.

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/ne...ng-mlg-summer-championship-league-of-legends/

they decided on all random all mid, a silly gametype, you wah wah'd for them to bring back Halo because, as one of the first comments so precisely puts it, how dare they have fun.

I think you're the one who's confused.

CyReN

Why does COD use it so? Is it good UI design? Is it a good method of feedback? Does it seriously hamper gameplay at all in any identifiable way? It's spaced up quite a bit from the reticule. We already know the reticule is lower than the center. Realistically speaking, when you look around in the second and a half the text is on the screen, will your vision of important areas of interest be impaired?

Why stop at the shallow end of the issue and say COD?

I'll personally wait until we see the PAX build and see what, if anything, has changed and analyse that.
Middle text is silly, we would be better with out it.

Avinexus

Which is what I'm actually confused on, since right now it's the normal offseason for Halo as far as I know. Championships was in March and they're probably waiting for 4 to start it in Spring.

Halo hasn't been at the last couple of tournaments. Cyren wants MLG to put it back on the circuit. Although his original comment about LoL doesn't really make any sense though.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Halo hasn't been at the last couple of tournaments. Cyren wants MLG to put it back on the circuit. Although his original comment about LoL doesn't really make any sense though.

There's usually a few months where there isn't any Halo going on. It's pretty normal, probably extended right now though for SC2 not LoL and they probably don't want to start the older game with the new one coming out so soon. They did that with 3 and reach and I think it killed the popularity.

Reminds me of a boy bands cd cover for a second.

Both teams have apologized to MLG and Riot, such a shitty situation overall for everyone.

Why do you hate fun?

CyReN

There's usually a few months where there isn't any Halo going on. It's pretty normal, probably extended right now though for SC2 not LoL and they probably don't want to start the older game with the new one coming out so soon. They did that with 3 and reach and I think it killed the popularity.

Thanks for clearing it up for me, I'm still kinda getting used to this Major League Gaming thing.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

While yes he is a gentleman, I think you mean he's a professional. But we do show notes for the podcast, you know this, you've been on. But yea, Bravo is a pro.

Top Bottom