• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

I know it's likely that because Griffball is in Assault is in, but it's pretty disconcerting to not have confirmation of Assault's status in the game.

Computron

Is the panel over?

Yes, just don't expect 343 to post it anytime soon because:

wXTqU.png

Qj1ij.jpg

This picture is bumming me out. The Prom Knights used to look really interesting and even vaguely Forerunner-ish (minus the stupid Decepticon monster robot face). This actually looks like something that was designed for a specific purpose, like something you would mass produce and put in storage.
They had such a cool, weird design and they somehow ended up with the Spawn-faced Doom 3 demon bot with Rayman limbs? I just don't get it.
Agreed on the more interesting point, but more Forerunner? Well yes and no. The glowstick on the current set certainly aren't what I'd describe as Forerunner, but the fingers on that set make me disagree, the length and almost intentional scariness factor of them doesn't strike me as Forerunner (same for the skulls in the current set of course).

heckfu

Banned
Sorry for blowing up twitter! Just got a 1 on 1 with Kevin Franklin that will answer more flag questions and will post when I finally sit down.

JHall

Sorry for blowing up twitter! Just got a 1 on 1 with Kevin Franklin that will answer more flag questions and will post when I finally sit down.

As long as they give us options to disable auto-pickup and drop the bomb/flag/oddball I could really careless what they put in matchmaking.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Curious to find out if Double Team, if there is a doubles, will be Infinity Slayer or TS style.... or will voting options be H4's equivalent of AR vs. DMR start.

Thanks- looking forward to it.

heckfu

Banned
Walking and typing, but the grifball match took place in its own space just outside the new forge space. Hypertrooper said a canyon of some sort but I can't confirm.

^ if that is Halsey, I definitely prefer her look in Reach.

I'm glad 343 seems to be capitalizing on Halo's story potential. Always thought Bungie had the most boring and shallow cinematics/story arcs ever in their campaigns. Art looks much better too. I think this is the first Halo campaign since CE that I actually want to play, usually I just want to jump into multiplayer immediately.

Also Cortana looks really good.

It is strange, but good to see that the SP is seeing the love it needed.. The Bungie Halo SP has always been good in gameplay, but nothing special when it came to the way it told its story. The story was good, but the style was off.

Im one of the people who isn't too worried about the MP, things are looking good IMO.. But I really hope they have kept classic settings, and an proper way to play them with others.

Thanks!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Thursday War/ Halo 4 Spoilers

Halsey worked on getting some of the Forerunner tech install and working on Infinity
Some of the Brutes on Sangelios finally decide to rebel after the bomb goes off.

Flipyap

Agreed on the more interesting point, but more Forerunner? Well yes and no. The glowstick on the current set certainly aren't what I'd describe as Forerunner, but the fingers on that set make me disagree, the length and almost intentional scariness factor of them doesn't strike me as Forerunner (same for the skulls in the current set of course).
As in, it's largely angular and made of dull, grey metal.
The claws ARE weird, but since it would need to hold/have some kind of a gun attached, they probably wouldn't be as distracting in-game. They're clearly meant to look creepy in this case, but I could imagine those appendages being used in non-combat scenarios. I think they're slightly reminiscent of Engineer tentacles, something meant for complex, delicate tasks, not just fucking shit up.
That's the thing, I can imagine parts of this design having some purpose, while I still find myself wondering why the final design would even need legs.

Top Bottom