• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

IHaveIce

Banned
Guise it's the Halo OT. Nothing says books aren't allowed.

Except that it's in Gaming Community but ignore that.

Don't understand me wrong, I love the books and the Halo Canon, but I remember the last discussion about halsey it lasted too long and the arguments were just repeating itself.

For me the best Halseys are :

Halsey as herself in her Diary.
Halsey in the Nylund Novels
Halsey in the Terminal :3
Halsey in Reach
Halsey in Glasslands. ( But it wasn't that I hated her, more I hated how everyone treated her)

Are we inconveniencing you in some way? is this topic a detriment from the Flag bitching or the general Salt?
Don't try to make such statements if you have no idea how my position is about any of these topics ;)

senador

Banned
Seeing this post about banners inspired me to make my own.

LJz2y.gif

I think we should replace all the current banners with this one. Just throwing that out there.

Ha!

One user thanked Franklinator for this useful post.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Yeah, but it seems like its taboo to talk about our viewpoints on one of the current halo books and its author
You have to keep in mind that EVERYONE in this thread plays the games, and MAYBE 10% reads the books.

People are far more accepting of bitching about the games because at least they can participate. When book discussion is brought up, the rest of us are just not the slightest bit interested. Also the book spoilers were not appreciated as they could bleed into the game.

You have to keep in mind that EVERYONE in this thread plays the games, and MAYBE 10% reads the books.

People are far more accepting of bitching about the games because at least they can participate. When book discussion is brought up, the rest of us are just not the slightest bit interested. Also the book spoilers were not appreciated as they could bleed into the game.

Granted.
Still, why complain if those people who DO read them wish to discuss them?

Edit: Very much looking forward to JIP, it's one of the few things COD does right and it's being imported into a situation where it is badly needed. Bravo, 343.

nillapuddin

There are so many pre-lobby quitters in Reach it would be useful

remember

the general population doesnt destroy eachother so they dont deal with rage quitters that often, its just a way of keeping the teams balanced

(in number of people to kill/be killed by)

Ryaaan14

Banned
I can't wait to see saved films of teams down 15-40, half the team quits, and the replacements fucking wipe the floor with the winning team. Bound to happen.

Portugeezer

It's not fun starting a game with half your team quitting with nothing to do about it.

Better than being forced to sit through a 4 v 2 drubbing.

It's just as shitty playing in matches where half the people drop out

I agree, but I felt the need to state the downsides of joining in progress, most likely people losing quit so you will join a losing game (at least my experience from other games with join in progress).

Now if I could set an option to not join in progress it would be great, but I doubt that will happen. Or maybe they will make it so if a match is near ending people can't join.

Havok

There are so many pre-lobby quitters in Reach it would be useful

(snip)
There is no excuse for the game, especially when there isn't JIP, to not restart matchmaking when people quit out of the pregame lobby. It is shameful, can't believe after two huge marquee multiplayer games Bungie didn't implement it with Reach.

As for join in progress, as long as I can set preferences so that I never join a game in progress, it's fine by me. I'm okay with others joining, just not me. I have some concerns about people not knowing the map control situation as they join, but there's no much to be done about that.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I can't wait to see saved films of teams down 15-40, half the team quits, and the replacements fucking wipe the floor with the winning team. Bound to happen.

I don't see an issue with this at all. If team 1 is good it won't happen no matter who joins. It's 100x better than getting into a 5v5 match and having 3 guys quit right away.

Top Bottom