• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Nowise10

How about you post at least some context for the images you post. Are they mods? Easter eggs? Baiting isn't generally a good thing to do.

This is an elite

TlQNG.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
I've been doing that lately. Stuck in a bad sleep cycle. I'm having trouble falling asleep until I'm exhausted and I get all paranoid at night. Boo.

To be honest, I've been doing this for months... maybe for a year, not quite sure.
Being a member of NeoGAF doesn't help any, it lives by US timezones heavily...

Having a proper life would fix this for me, but i don't have one at the moment so here i am.

feel

dongblainer was posted by a gaffer and came before mike dongblain? Ok that makes me feel better about the reference, I thought frankie has came up with it and was now delivering another halfassed halogaf easter egg that actually originated from someone at 343i.

Goodluck with that. Last night I spent 30 minutes trying to get my friend in a game with me. couldn't get it so we gave up.
join a server by yourself
invite your friend in
profit

aaand I wouldn't recommend the xbox csgo to anyone, its looks/performance and controls responsiveness are way inferior to the pc version, shit ports like that shouldn't be rewarded

Trey

aaand I wouldn't recommend the xbox csgo to anyone, its looks/performance and controls responsiveness are way inferior to the pc version, shit ports like that shouldn't be rewarded

Anyone else have the PC version? I can't keep going into these matches solo.

After I've completed the campaign of any Halo game it's fun to replay attempts and areas you haven't done yet and explore for cool things.
I haven't been able to get out of the map on any MP maps (even though others have but its most likely patched). I've gotten out of Reachs campaign and Firefight maps by doing the Drop Shield glitch ontop of a pelican or phantom, (which I bet most of you guys know how) then go back to theater and switch to monitor mode. So much fun :)

senador

Banned
After I've completed the campaign of any Halo game it's fun to replay attempts and areas you haven't done yet and explore for cool things.
I haven't been able to get out of the map on any MP maps (even though others have but its most likely patched). I've gotten out of Reachs campaign and Firefight maps by doing the Drop Shield glitch ontop of a pelican or phantom, (which I bet most of you guys know how) then go back to theater and switch to monitor mode. So much fun :)

This reminds me that I am excited for Halo 4 and Blue Ninja posting his sweet sweet panoramas.

I tried out the trial earlier and I wasn't too jazzed about the controls entirely due to the aim acceleration but other than that it seems your complaint is that it is a port to a console rather than being a shitty one.

Woorloog

Banned
I've gotten out of Reachs campaign and Firefight maps by doing the Drop Shield glitch ontop of a pelican or phantom, (which I bet most of you guys know how) then go back to theater and switch to monitor mode. So much fun :)

Eh, what?

Actually, i don't i really care because it is a Reach glitch.

I remember this Halo 3 "coordinate" mode in Halo 3 theater, and the ability to adjust speed and break out of camera boundaries. Did Reach have that thing as well?

Not sure you've seen this Fyre, but PeteTheDuck's Forge Quacks #20 has a potentially novel solution for making this map in the Reach Forge editor:

im2SXQzCKQoxg.gif

Stack em' shits!

I actually did not know that... pretty awesome. ;)

Sounds like a job for the community cartographers.

Too bad I wasn't able to get setup for PAX this year. Missin' out on them donuts. No worries though, we've got Voodoo Donuts here in Eugene. :p

feel

I tried out the trial earlier and I wasn't too jazzed about the controls entirely due to the aim acceleration but other than that it seems your complaint is that it is a port to a console rather than being a shitty one.
I dunno, other popular online games on console look and control plain better.

CSGO on pc looks good, but it's nothing that can't be achieved on consoles (120fps and native high resolutions aside)

I'm pretty sure this is correct. Also, I actually thought the functionality was pretty cool, especially the Library feature. I loved "analyze", "scan". :)
Really? Did you complete the entire Library? I did. Like a bad Wii game, those game functions would have been far easier to use if they had (also) been mapped to the unused buttons on the controller. Clearly it was done to promote Kinect, but it should have been done with features that make sense. It was tedious to repeat those words over and over again while scouring the environments in Halo: CEA. I hated it.

neoism

so guys the next time anyone plays halo 4 at pax or whatever would you post if the motherfucking runes emblem is in or not?

thanks

I dunno, other popular online games on console look and control plain better.

CSGO on pc looks good, but it's nothing that can't be achieved on consoles (120fps and native high resolutions aside)
Full disclosure I haven't played it on PC yet but while it's not blowing my mind to look at the textures look fine and it's not sub-HD. Outside of the aim acceleration, you get full customization of controls and the FOV hasn't been chopped either; framerate's solid as well. It's pretty consistent with Valve's console output.

Really? Did you complete the entire Library? I did. Like a bad Wii game, those game functions would have been far easier to use if they had (also) been mapped to the unused buttons on the controller. Clearly it was done to promote Kinect, but it should have been done with features that make sense. It was tedious to repeat those words over and over again while scouring the environments in Halo: CEA. I hated it.

Actually, yes, I did complete the Library. Loved it. Was it completely without hiccup? No, but it was the ease of use and amusement of function that paired well with the REAL reason I liked it: my love for the fiction, that made it enjoyable. I do wish we could have rotated on an additional axis or zoomed in farther, but overall I really liked what it accomplished.

I do agree that it would have been nice to also have it mapped to a button so that non-Kinect users could enjoy it as well.

Eh, what?

Actually, i don't i really care because it is a Reach glitch.

I remember this Halo 3 "coordinate" mode in Halo 3 theater, and the ability to adjust speed and break out of camera boundaries. Did Reach have that thing as well?

Yup, I wrote a guide for it on HBO, too. How do you think I make my panoramas? (or at least, some of them)

Also, I played some Reach with friends tonight. Kinda wished I played Halo 3, though.

lilty

None of my locals or friends have passports or enhanced license besides me, so it's a no go. Not feeling a 4 hour drive by myself. Halo 4 will have to wait until November for me:(

Ah bummer. Well I'll let you know if it was worth it or not.

I do agree that it would have been nice to also have it mapped to a button so that non-Kinect users could enjoy it as well.
I would have forsaken using the Kinect for it in lieu of buttons. I mean it was just such a pain:

"Scan!"

"Analyze!"

"Scan! Scan!"

"Analyze!...Analyze!...Analyze!"

"Scan!"

I just don't see how anyone can think that is not shit, or at least better than using a button. It's like saying that it would be more fun to make Master Chief jump by actually jumping, or to pause the game by standing completely motionless. These are Halo games. You play them with buttons and analog sticks. Shoehorning things that make more sense as buttons is bad design.

Top Bottom