• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Ramirez

Nice Tashi, you're one step closer to becoming old and unreliable at videogames. All you need now is one of your own, I had the Uncle notch put into my belt eons ago. :p :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:
Nice Tashi, you're one step closer to becoming old and unreliable at videogames. All you need now is one of your own, I had the Uncle notch put into my belt eons ago. :p :)

I can attest to this. At least I have the benefit of being in college for a few more years, so I still have SOME time. :lol

Silly.Mikey said:
Thats if they dont bump Bungie off at the last minute for a new FF trailer.......again! :lol
Thankfully I'm sure wounds have healed some bit, nursed by the necessity that Reach is a big fall title for Microsoft.
Don't think they can afford a tantrum like before, and they know it.

Zeouterlimits said:
Thankfully I'm sure wounds have healed some bit, nursed by the necessity that Reach is a big fall title for Microsoft.
Don't think they can afford a tantrum like before, and they know it.

Yeah, because bumping Bungie again would mean having them and Activision at Sony's keynote :lol

Fake edit: congrats Tashi!

Blueblur1

The MS conference is on Monday, right? Is that the one that is going to be shown live on SpikeTV? I'm thinking of taking a half day off from work for the it.

ManCannon

Silly.Mikey said:
Thats if they dont bump Bungie off at the last minute for a new FF trailer.......again! :lol

Don't worry, there's no turning back at this point. One way or another there will be a demo, even if it's in the back booth at In & Out. However, we did decide to forgo a countdown clock this time. :D

Blueblur1

ManCannon said:
Don't worry, there's no turning back at this point. One way or another there will be a demo, even if it's in the back booth at In & Out. However, we did decide to forgo a countdown clock this time. :D
Please tell me that there will some kind of demo shown or displayed on Monday. :O

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Here's a preview for the Reach E3 thread.

WEE.gif

NOKYARD

You had to put The Flood in the middle square, didn't you?

[edit] oh, wait, Bingo cards are usually 5x5, there is still hope of winning. :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
thanks again guys

Ramirez said:

:lol :lol VADERNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg

Wolffen

Congrats Tashi, enjoy unclehood.

Dani: :lol Nice bingo board.

I'm glad some of you mentioned the SpikeTV thing. I had no idea they were broadcasting the MS conference. I need to remember to setup that up on the DVR tonight after work.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:

WEE.gif
:lol

Bravo. It's going to be a fun week, look forward to the thread.

I updated the OP with the list of confirmed tweaks since the Beta closed. I think the OP is in its final state; I tried to strike a balance between preserving a record of what the Beta was, and rounding up news of the fallout from it.

Back to working on the official thread. Last week gave me some material, and I've got a good plan of attack now for organizing it all. I should get some new material next week, to boot. :D

Wolffen said:
I'm glad some of you mentioned the SpikeTV thing. I had no idea they were broadcasting the MS conference. I need to remember to setup that up on the DVR tonight after work.

Gametrailers is also streaming everything live in HD.

ManCannon said:

Its nice to see that MS finally got their priorities straightened out.

Hey You

I hate that E3 falls on my last 3 days of school. :(

Hopefully something will happen and delay the MS conference half an hour.:D

Thagomizer said:
"Refinements" is my personal favorite.
I like your style, dude. :D

and congrats, Tashi. You get all the benefits of doing cool uncle-kid stuff with the added bonus of handing them right back to the parents when they turn into jerks.

JesseZao

AwesomeSyrup said:
Well they said something about campaign being shown at E3, so I'm just assuming. It is Microsoft's biggest game after all.

I'd just be surprised if they released a SP demo after all these other Halo games never had a SP demo iirc.

Edit: Oh, if you're talking about playing it on the show floor in E3 then nvm. I thought you were implying a demo available via Live.

Hey You said:
I hate that E3 falls on my last 3 days of school. :(

Hopefully something will happen and delay the MS conference half an hour.:D
I'll be at Orientation (signing up for classes and stuff), so I think I may miss MS's press conference as well.

EazyB

Banned
electricpirate said:
It's cool to see Brian maybe possibly doing something at E3, I remember at the 2001 E3, Bungie got a bunch of terrible pizza, a hotel banquet room and set up one of the first Halo lans outside of bungie, on blood gulch of course, just for the fans.

It's hard to imagine them doing anything remotely similar anymore, since the event would immediately be bum rushed by media, and the legion of fans would be far, far too large.
They have the means:

jeromeedited1.png

ManCannon said:
One way or another there will be a demo, even if it's in the back booth at In & Out.
:lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
Dani, you should probably check the sticky at the top of the forum. In particular:

Probably should hit the brakes on the interim thread.

Yeah, seems so. =\

I'll still be keeping tabs on all the info, probably via my site like I did before the Beta. Looks like we'll have to wait until after E3, but I have asked for clarification although it seems we won't have a Reach E3 mega thread.

Blueblur1

Multiple Halo threads equals GAF riff-raff. I understand where Evilore is coming from but this sucks for us as a mini-community. Oh well. We'll deal with it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hydranockz said:
Wait, what's happening? Can someone dumb it down for little ole me?
My new Reach thread is on ice due to the announced E3 thread policy on GAF. Meaning we'll likely be seeing multiple Reach related threads as news breaks over the course of E3.

I'll be asking, after E3, about my interim thread going up, but for now, it's on hold.

Pretty sure Reach news and information won't be hard to find though.

Dani said:

WEE.gif

Quick suggestion.

You're missing the B I N G O over the columns.

Also might I suggest instead of using BINGO over the columns you should use R E A C H

Also lose a line and make a freespace.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
UltimaPooh said:
Quick suggestion.

You're missing the B I N G O over the columns.

Also might I suggest instead of using BINGO over the columns you should use R E A C H

Suppose I'll make a few edits here and there for next week. Apologies for the lack of knowing anything about how Bingo cards function. :lol

WTF is a freespace? Diagonals? :lol

Dani said:
Suppose I'll make a few edits here and there for next week. Apologies for the lack of knowing anything about how Bingo cards function. :lol

WTF is a freespace? Diagonals? :lol

On a 5x5 card the box in the middle is just blank so you can mark it to start your card off.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Genesis Knight said:
On a 5x5 card the box in the middle is just blank so you can mark it to start your card off.

*Writes down notes*

May as well fix the Bingo since I'm free of thread duties. Gah, makes me wish I had time to make a flash version. =\

Top Bottom