• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

EazyB

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
So there's a Reach event Tuesday night during a Lakers game, so I assume we'll get more media, or at least previews from it.
Getting crazily close..
Not sure if you simply don't know the E3 schedule or you're just dropping some additional knowledge but for the sake of informing anyone that may not know, here's when we should expect some to get some Reach goodness:
MS's press conference Monday morning (10:30 PST) you better bet they'll demo the SP there. Then the floor opens up Tuesday morning and Reach will probably have a significant presence at MS's booth. If attendees aren't getting hands-on on the floor then we'll still be able to rely on scheduled meetings with the press to show off the game (think ODST's extended demo). I expect hands on since the press has already seen Bungie demo the SP to them months ago. Hopefully there will be some sort of MP goodness tossed out during E3. There's also that podcast that could've already been recorded and hit during E3 or maybe they'll wait for everyone to come back from LA to record it.

So yeah, I don't know anything about the Lakers event but we'll have plenty of stuff to chew on beforehand.

EazyB

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Perhaps I'm missing your meaning, but why wouldn't it be?

That's their all access commercial. Everyone covering E3 is going to have Reach information.

Personally I'll probably stick to G4 all week when I'm not online.
That promo is for a show airing tomorrow, well before the MS press conference which is otherwise the earliest we'd be seeing new Reach stuff.

GhaleonEB

In the past few weeks, we've been told we'd be seeing more on Reach "sooner than you think", and that not everything that's being shown will be at the conference. So the G4 pre-E3 show could be the answer to those teases.

EazyB said:
Not sure if you simply don't know the E3 schedule or you're just dropping some additional knowledge but for the sake of informing anyone that may not know, here's when we should expect some to get some Reach goodness:
Tis additional, very much aware of the blowout that should happen at & after the conference.
I've stayed up until 6am watching my fair share of E3 conferences.

Just know that there's some kind of Reach event Tuesday night (PST).

Kibbles said:
Halo: Reach to be on GTTV? It's shown in the montage of videos in the beginning...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-315-gametrailers-tv/101085

That would be a cool surprise, but I think they may just have a post beta preview since they didn't mention Reach's name individually. Then again, they did show a lot of Reach footage so don't ask me.

So browsing cake wrecks makes me feel confused. Why are "bad" cakes amazing? :lol

GhaleonEB said:
Aye. Every Sunday they do a round up of awesome cakes. Makes for odd browsing, though. One disaster after another, and then whoa! Brilliance.

jennifer+d.ow.jets+football+helmet.jpg

holli+m.ow.football+eyes.jpg

chris+b.ow.football+helmet.bmp

:lol :lol :lol

Shishka

Works for Bungie
I would definitely describe the Spartan helmet cake as tasting like a wreck. It was like a mold of frosting and rubber filled with the lowest quality cake one could find. Cake Wrecks is where it belongs. =P

(Someone sent us one of the helmet cakes with a copy of their resume before the "no food from strangers" policy went into effect)

FourDoor

Shishka said:
I would definitely describe the Spartan helmet cake as tasting like a wreck. It was like a mold of frosting and rubber filled with the lowest quality cake one could find. Cake Wrecks is where it belongs. =P

(Someone sent us one of the helmet cakes with a copy of their resume before the "no food from strangers" policy went into effect)

Bribery Fail! LOL :lol

EazyB

Banned
And so ends finals. :D

Going to be staying in Seattle for the summer working on a research project. Bungie, if you need someone to playtest your game that plays 1000% better than the beta or make some custom Forge maps for Reach's launch I'll find the time.

Shishka said:

I take it the person didn't get the job as Bungie Cake-Maker?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shishka said:

I'm betting it still got eaten though. :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Shishka said:

Wait, how long did this policy take to get implemented? Most folks are taught that before they enter school. :lol

EazyB

Banned
Dani said:
Wait, how long did this policy take to get implemented? Most folks are taught that before they enter school. :lol
Maybe outside of the states.

We will eat any and everything we can get our hands on here. And if it has frosting? Shit's good as gone.

EazyB said:
Maybe outside of the states.

We will eat any and everything we can get our hands on here. And if it has frosting? Shit's good as gone.

Perhaps I was born in the wrong country... cos that's my kinda philosophy :D

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ZayneH said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

The first one looks a bit like Mister Chief.

Holy crap, I totally forgot about Mister Chief! That little dude was awesome. <3

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
well, i'm sure glad neogaf's new thread posting guidelines suggest new threads be made for actual news...

/backs out slowly

Merguson

Banned
Dani said:
An average HaloGAF day;

1 on 1 epeen contest -> terrain editors -> halo drinking games -> worst halo levels -> E3 media teasing -> Mysterious E3 related Bungie invites -> nipples -> E3 conferences on TV -> becoming an uncle -> Beta montage begging -> E3 demo appearance confirmation -> bingo -> thread discussion -> Reach music finishing news -> Halo sales blabber -> more E3 Bungie teasing -> Urk's member -> cakes -> fat halo characters

:lol

Added.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Under the newest poll on Bnet, the first response is "Super Secret Bungie Stuff".

Why'd they put "Bungie Stuff" and not "Reach Stuff"?

New IP at E3 get! :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Waypoint Twitter said:
Check out Waypoint daily for the next week 'cause we'll be showing classic Halo videos from #E3s past & warming up for this year's madness.

Saying yet again that I <3 Waypoint's stream quality.

Top Bottom