• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Shake Appeal said:
You guys are pretty persistent about scamming Amazon out of money on the back of an honest mistake.

:lol I wouldn't call that "scamming"...not like they are claiming to be doing work over in Nigeria.

feel

Domino Theory said:
Where exactly are you sending these emails at? I'm at the "Help" section of Amazon.com sending an email about this whole thing and they just email me back with the obligatory "we screwed on the price, we canceled your order, sorry, that's it."

:(
I was using that very same email thingy on their site.

Shake Appeal said:
You guys are pretty persistent about scamming Amazon out of money on the back of an honest mistake.

I would honestly join them if I could, but someone, somewhere is facing a head office meeting cos of you guys! You should feel ashamed of yourselves
and should send me flaming helmet codes in repentance. :lol

Out of interest does anyone think that the Limited edition version of the game will be available in store? Im pretty sure the limited quantities thing only applied to the Legendary version right?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I still haven't got a cancellation email from Amazon yet, so maybe they will just keep my order. :D

Edit: Amazon is showing no recent orders. Email sent.

Hello,

Once again, I'm sorry about this price error. This is a rare occurrence on our site.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We do, however, verify prices as part of our shipping procedures.

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Again, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this causes.

We won't be fulfilling any more orders at the incorrectly posted price.

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We respect your opinions and value your feedback.

We hope to see you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?
:|

I didn't hit the deal because I didn't think they would honor it. I'm kicking myself now. :lol

Now off to ca for work, then Seattle for play
not reach
l. Too bad I'm flying back all-day on the third. At least I wont be behind the ball on invasion. :D

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So who's going to be playing Halo: Reach while wearing the Cat Helmet with the 10 pound statue on their lap while they drink some Halo Game Fuel while wearing a Halo Ecko t-shirt with a Halo: Legends poster all over your wall and the Halo theme blasting through your speakers?

\m/

Kibbles

Domino Theory said:
So who's going to be playing Halo: Reach while wearing the Cat Helmet with the 10 pound statue on their lap while they drink some Halo Game Fuel while wearing a Halo Ecko t-shirt with a Halo: Legends poster all over your wall and the Halo theme blasting through your speakers?

\m/
Don't forget the Halo Underwear.

Natakuu

Banned
I might have bad news guys...I just talked to them on the phone about it and the woman helping me took awhile and then came back(I used the excuse that a friend of mine had gotten it lowered to a discounted price) and she said that directly from the marketing team they had been told they were going to go through and specifically cancel every order that involved the Legendary Edition being at a discounted price, even if it was set that way after the original canceling of the orders. Don't know for sure if that'll happen but I thought I'd let you all know.

Natakuu said:
I might have bad news guys...I just talked to them on the phone about it and the woman helping me took awhile and then came back(I used the excuse that a friend of mine had gotten it lowered to a discounted price) and she said that directly from the marketing team they had been told they were going to go through and specifically cancel every order that involved the Legendary Edition being at a discounted price, even if it was set that way after the original canceling of the orders. Don't know for sure if that'll happen but I thought I'd let you all know.

They can do that even after we talked to CS about it and they honored it?

Natakuu

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
They can do that even after we talked to CS about it and they honored it?
She said she went to talk to her supervisor and that he had been told a bit ago that marketing was going to cancel any orders because of how big of a price difference it was. Here's what she said in an e-mail to me after the call had ended:

Hello Thomas,

Once again, I'm sorry about this price error. This is a rare occurrence on our site.

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Again, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this causes.

We won't be fulfilling any orders at the incorrectly posted price.

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We respect your opinions and value your feedback.

It sounds like those that did get through got lucky to get someone clueless but that marketing has already caught on and is going to stop it :/ Hopefully that's not the case and they were simply referring to those original orders and the message got miscommunicated along the way.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dani said:
The smell of desperation to get a clearly mistakenly huge discount on an item already worth the full RRP lingers in the air here. :lol

Indeed. :lol

I just would rather get it for $60 than $150. Either way though, I will be getting it. :D

Dani said:
The smell of desperation to get a clearly mistakenly huge discount on an item already worth the full RRP lingers in the air here. :lol

Not gonna lie but yes, with paying for school and such, I've been more conservative about my money and if I see a really good deal or a way to save a lot of money, I go for it.

Natakuu

Banned
Dani said:
Can you blame us? Why wouldn't we try to get it for $90 off given the chance?:lol The thing is even though I put in some effort to try to get the deal, it's not like I'm heartbroken now that it didn't work out. As it was I was going to be going out at midnight anyways to pick up a regular copy of the game just so I could still play through it that night. Now I'll just pick up the Legendary Edition instead.

SpudBud

Dani said:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained am I right.

It's nice to see people get butthurt over a few trying to save money.

GhaleonEB

SpudBud said:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained am I right.

It's nice to see people get butthurt over a few trying to save money.
I don't see anyone getting butthurt, just amusement at the saga. I've been rooting for you guys but it's fun to watch either way.

rac

Banned
Natakuu said:
She said she went to talk to her supervisor and that he had been told a bit ago that marketing was going to cancel any orders because of how big of a price difference it was. Here's what she said in an e-mail to me after the call had ended:

Hello Thomas,

We won't be fulfilling any orders at the incorrectly posted price.

It sounds like those that did get through got lucky to get someone clueless but that marketing has already caught on and is going to stop it :/ Hopefully that's not the case and they were simply referring to those original orders and the message got miscommunicated along the way.

We won't be fulfilling any more orders at the incorrectly posted price.

That's what I got. It looks to me like those who have it right now for 59.99 are good they just aren't honoring anymore.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:
I hear Newegg might ship it a few days early!

I think Newegg trolls customers on the gaming side for the hell of it. :lol

Edit: I still have mine at $108 for the Legendary Edition which is worse than $60, but better than $150. If they end up canceling mine again, I'll still order at Amazon for the $150 because they're infinitely better than GameStop. I'm so glad I'm Amazon-exclusive for my gaming needs now. <3

Natakuu

Banned
rac said:
That's what I got. It looks to me like those who have it right now for 59.99 are good they just aren't honoring anymore.
Lets hope so for the sake of those lucky enough to get it switched back. It just sounded to me like they knew that some of the CS reps had lowered the price back down but that they were still not going to honor it. We'll see though, good luck those that remain!:lol

God damn I can't stop watching the Read ViDocs. The game just looks so damn good. I'm reminding all my friends who haven't picked up ODST yet to go do so so we can play together in the beta.

rac

Banned
Dani said:
I really wanted that flaming head alright dani.

Eh I tried emailing to save the bucks and they just reiterated that it was an error and they can't honor it. Ah well. Still gonna get legendary. :D

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
JPBrowncoat said:
Eh I tried emailing to save the bucks and they just reiterated that it was an error and they can't honor it. Ah well. Still gonna get legendary. :D

Well i was sent an email saying if i re-ordered they would rehonor it. Then my next email said they couldnt so i was lied to. So im emailing them again about it.

if in the end i cant get it no worries, But damn they didnt have to go and lie to me! :lol

Metalic Sand said:
E-mailing amazon about the legendary. Time to knock that baby back down to 60 :D

I don't think it will work now, everyone here and a couple of my friends who tried it after I got honored have said that they are getting the "can not honor it" e-mails.

Magni

Thanks to Oozer and Juices for doing some FF with me tonight, we'll (Juices and I, and maybe Oozer (?) ) be starting again in roughly twenty minutes, if anyone else wants to join in =)

feel

Lunchbox said:
80$ version at midnight > crying to amazon to get the inferior version 5 days after launch for cheap
I'm my case, I'm getting a $60 version from midnight launch, and the amazon legendary (if it doesn't get canceled again) whenever they feel like delivering it. Can always use a spare copy of the game for LAN purposes.

Najaf

I'm glad I emailed them right away when I got their initial cancellation notice. They honored the original price for me as well. That kind of customer service will earn them much more than this $90 deficit through my future purchases. Good job amazon.

Najaf

Metalic Sand said:
Well i was sent an email saying if i re-ordered they would rehonor it. Then my next email said they couldnt so i was lied to. So im emailing them again about it.

if in the end i cant get it no worries, But damn they didnt have to go and lie to me! :lol

Email recieved five minutes ago: (about 15 minutes after placing my second order as per instructions in initial email)

Hello,

As promised by previously, I've reduced the price of "Halo Reach Legendary Edition" form $149.99 to $59.99.

We'll send you an e-mail when your order ships. You can check the order details in Your Account here:........

MagniHarvald said:
Thanks to Oozer and Juices for doing some FF with me tonight, we'll (Juices and I, and maybe Oozer (?) ) be starting again in roughly twenty minutes, if anyone else wants to join in =)

If you still have a spot, Ill join in

Natakuu

Banned
Lunchbox said:
80$ version at midnight > crying to amazon to get the inferior version 5 days after launch for cheap
:lol Yeah sure, cause it's not like you couldn't buy the regular version at midnight, play it until the Legendary Edition arrives, and then trade it in or sell it on ebay and still have spent less money than the Limited Edition. Nope, that's totally not possible.

Metalic Sand said:

Same here :lol

I was so excited, placed the second order, and then they were like "Oh, actually, just kidding!"

neoism

So guys (urk) has there been anything said about your penalty for quitting games. I've got a decent record of quits 231/3288. 100 or so is from lag outs when I had constant internet problems, for 2 months. I just thought it be Cr, like 1000 per game or something, or is there a greater price to pay?

derFeef

Amazon Austria/Germany still does not have Reach to preorder and my favourite game store has every single Legendary Edition already reserved :(

And yeah, hurry up repairing my console Microsoft or I might turn crazy next week.

derFeef said:
Amazon Austria/Germany still does not have Reach to preorder and my favourite game store has every single Legendary Edition already reserved :(

And yeah, hurry up repairing my console Microsoft or I might turn crazy next week.

I would avatar quote you, but I prefered the old one :(

Either way its insane that the shop is fully booked, how big is the shop? I may have to get a move on and pre orded just the limited edition at this rate.

Top Bottom