• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Thought I'd mention the Microsoft GamesCom press conference start time tomorrow morning.

Microsoft Keynote: August 17th – UK 11.30am US 6.30am (ET)​
http://www.product-reviews.net/2010...-microsoft-press-conference-start-times-usuk/

That is all.
Jesus, that's early. It's almost worth staying up because I can't imagine what Bungie could reveal feature-wise, not that there aren't features I'd want in that aren't in already, but because there aren't any predictable ones left.

Hypertrooper said:

Ah, when is the video chat?

Is there going to be streams? This whole thing seems really unorganized compared to E3. :(

Well, never-mind just realized how absurdly early it is. :lol

I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn to watch the MS conference...

EDIT:

Zeouterlimits said:
Video chat is sometime Wednesday.
No streams for MS's conference (EA are the only ones bothering).
Yeah, it's odd, considering in terms of attendance it's way bigger than E3 (240,000 people attended last year). I guess it's a mix of
a) The focus isn't the conferences, it's the public getting the play so many titles
b) The precedence isn't there, E3 is a much older convention in comparision.

Thanks for clearing the confusion. :)

DancingJesus said:
Is Bungie having their own conference? Or is the MS conference going to be all encompassing?

Not that familiar with GamesCom. Either-way cool beans.

Thanks
I'm sure Bungie will be giving presentations/demos/interviews to the press but don't think they have a conference.

DancingJesus said:

Is there going to be streams? This whole thing seems really unorganized compared to E3. :(
Video chat is sometime Wednesday.
No streams for MS's conference (EA are the only ones bothering).
Yeah, it's odd, considering in terms of attendance it's way bigger than E3 (240,000 people attended last year). I guess it's a mix of
a) The focus isn't the conferences, it's the public getting the play so many titles
b) The precedence isn't there, E3 is a much older convention in comparision.

MrBig said:
We haven't really gotten any marketing at all yet
At least we're not getting the scenes-that-you'll-never-get-to-play-in-campaign teases that Halo 3 gave us.

Examples:

Diorama set - MC in trouble holding a plasma nade? Never even came close to this happening to the player.

All of the live action sequences of war vets - saving soldiers in the dark in a forest? Never happened.

And then on one of the promo posters they had a misleading poster dedicated to having a concert in 'memory of the heroism of MCPO John-117". I understand he went missing at the end of Halo 3, but the darned poster was seriously misleading you into thinking he would sacrifice himself in the end.
Not that the end wasn't great, the poster was misleading.

I'm just glad they're veering away from that this time around. After I finished the game, it really upset me when I saw a promo ad of something that looked awesome but I never got to play.

Edit: I love the live action stuff, really. But not when it is severely misleading to the end-game.

GhaleonEB

DancingJesus said:
Is Bungie having their own conference? Or is the MS conference going to be all encompassing?

Not that familiar with GamesCom. Either-way cool beans.

Thanks
I'm expecting somthing akin to E3. MS big wigs on stage, some of their holiday line up shown, featuring Reach, then demos on the floor for a few days after. News schedule will probably be similar.

Major Williams said:
And then on one of the promo posters they had a misleading poster dedicated to having a concert in 'memory of the heroism of MCPO John-117". I understand he went missing at the end of Halo 3, but the darned poster was seriously misleading you into thinking he would sacrifice himself in the end.
Not that the end wasn't great, the poster was misleading.
The other stuff yes, but the poster no.
The Chief is presumed dead by the UNSC & Arbiter. Meaning he did sacrifice himself in the eyes of those holding the concert.

DancingJesus said:

Well, never-mind just realized how absurdly early it is. :lol

I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn to watch the MS conference...
Sir, i dont know!

Here is a new Halo Reach video from a german game show:
http://www.playd-magazin.com?bcpid=76074320001&bclid=107780180001&bctid=524244013001
There is a interview with Brian(Hey i hope i'll meet you at the gamescom).(its in english with german subtitles)

Hypertrooper said:
Sir, i dont know!

Here is a new Halo Reach video from a german game show:
http://www.playd-magazin.com?bcpid=76074320001&bclid=107780180001&bctid=524244013001
There is a interview with Brian(Hey i hope i'll meet you at the gamescom).(its in english with german subtitles)

Haha, it's alright. Zeouterlimits and Ghal helped clear the confusion. Interesting preview video, those accents are so charming. :p

You can see some brief offscreen footage in there also.

Maybe someone want's to start up a new thread for this explaining the lowdown for Bungie/Reach?

Zeouterlimits said:
The other stuff yes, but the poster no.
The Chief is presumed dead by the UNSC & Arbiter. Meaning he did sacrifice himself in the eyes of those holding the concert.
Fair enough, I can excuse it, but I'm glad the others haven't popped up.

Though the live action ads have yet to come out. Hopefully they show things other than what you can expect to not expect in campaign. The training video was awesome. And the live action ODST ad was really cool.

DancingJesus said:
Maybe someone want's to start up a new thread for this explaining the lowdown for Bungie/Reach?
I agree, a Gamescom Reach thread is a good idea, to tide until PAX.

Major Williams said:
Though the live action ads have yet to come out. Hopefully they show things other than what you can expect to not expect in campaign. The training video was awesome. And the live action ODST ad was really cool.
Well, we had the first one, there's (at least, but no indication either way) one more.

Zeouterlimits said:
I agree, a Gamescom Reach thread is a good idea, to tide until PAX.

Well, we had the first one, there's (at least, but no indication either way) one more.
How awesome would it be if we got a Birth of a Spartan for each member of Noble Team? So awesome.

Unlikely though, I bet we just get the Kat one and then some more traditional marketing.

Striker

Deadly Cyclone said:
I think we need the OT, 1 month out should be good for the mods! :D
The first 90 pages of the OT shouldn't be filled with oonsk lift and other useless filth. It's fine until a week prior.

Zeouterlimits said:
I'm pretty sure OWV confirmed at least one more. When I talked about the nonsense of a teenage Carter wearing the same armor as he would in 20 years on Reach, OWV explained we would see another commercial near launch explaining perhaps a touch of this.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
MS aren't having a conference:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-16-ms-clarifies-gamescom-event-format
Microsoft has said that its gamescom "Play Day" event will allow press to see new games and interview developers and executives, but will not adopt the format of a traditional trade show press conference.

"The event is an intimate opportunity to come face to face with games and key Microsoft personnel," a spokesperson told Eurogamer this evening.

We're told to expect announcements to appear in parallel with the event, so those of you hoping for revelations like a possible European release date for Kinect should keep your eyes on the internet from 11.30am BST / 12.30pm CET tomorrow, 17th August.

j63lkx.jpg

I made a banner if you'd like to use it.

Kibbles

Hmm, yeah not getting up that early for this. No livestream and apparently no conference either, so I'll just wake up later and hopefully vids of something will be up by then.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
So Brian confirms (story)
that noble team's heroics will make the escape of John possible.
I haven't seen the interview, but I assumed that the moment Reach was announced; it's been hinted at in other interviews as well. Nice to have confirmation.

(For those going truly dark, I can see it being a spoiler, so don't highlight if you're in that camp.)

Wiggum2007

Letters said:

Not surprising,
seems like a nice way to give Noble team's story some relevance to the trilogy.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
This UK thing is news to me, so this is why Ono (Street Fighter IV producer) has been Tweeting that he's in London...

It'll be 6:30 in the morning my time, I'd like to be up to check this out but I won't be pushing it to get up THAT early... :lol

Gui_PT

Mr Vociferous, I just saw that video on Waypoint about using Anti Air Wraiths. I already knew about that, but I never tried it.

So I load the game up and do it exactly as explained but it doesn't work. Does it have to be done in some specific difficulty or something?

I wanna blow stuff up =\

Blueblur1

Striker said:
The first 90 pages of the OT shouldn't be filled with oonsk lift and other useless filth. It's fine until a week prior.
I guess you've forgotten that the first 360 pages of the Halo 3 thread (50 posts per page) all came before the game's release on 09/25/2007. I doubt we're going break that record or match it (3 years later a lot of people don't really care for Halo anymore in this post MW world) but you're kidding yourself if you think the first 90 pages aren't going to be packed with HaloGAF-brand foolishness.

Letters said:
Predictable but cool.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:

Oh, hey
I said that a few weeks back and some people said I was completely off base for thinking/calling that.

Sibylus

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I haven't seen the interview, but I assumed that the moment Reach was announced; it's been hinted at in other interviews as well. Nice to have confirmation.

(For those going truly dark, I can see it being a spoiler, so don't highlight if you're in that camp.)
Likewise, I assumed it would be a rather straightforward
tie-in to the first Halo game. Will be pleased if it turns out to be true!

Top Bottom