• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
LOL I know. They're talking to Todd MacFarlane later though so we'll get some Reach figure talk. I kind of want the Square ones though...

I want a Tashi one.

Complete with
kung fu crying over Kat's death tears.
:D

Havok

Tashi0106 said:
LOL I know. They're talking to Todd MacFarlane later though so we'll get some Reach figure talk. I kind of want the Square ones though...
I really appreciate you streaming it though, even if it was kinda worthless (it's where I watched it, since I don't have cable :p). I liked the person in the Kat armor photobombing Geoff and Brian though.

Side note: Sanctuary looks as great as ever...so maybe just knowing that made it all worthwhile.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:
I want a Tashi one.

Complete with
kung fu crying over Kat's death tears.
:D

Ok, that was actually funny :lol

Havok said:
I really appreciate you streaming it though, even if it was kinda worthless (it's where I watched it, since I don't have cable :p). I liked the person in the Kat armor photobombing Geoff and Brian though.

Side note: Sanctuary looks as great as ever...so maybe just knowing that made it all worthwhile.

No problem :)

And yea, Sanctuary looks HAWT

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
Ok, that was actually funny :lol

No problem :)

And yea, Sanctuary looks HAWT

60% of the time, I'm funny every time.

15meixc.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I can't believe I fall for Geoff's complete and utter bullshit every single time. I feel so fucking stupid.

Geoff's twitter said:
On tomorrow night's GTTV we've got lots of new footage of Sanctuary in Forge World for Halo Reach. Don't miss it!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Havok

Domino Theory said:
I can't believe I fall for Geoff's complete and utter bullshit every single time. I feel so fucking stupid.
Its sad, because he obviously has a lot of enthusiasm for the industry, but the nature of television basically reduces him to being a hype man for their commercial-laden shitfest. I feel the same way about the people on G4, like Adam Sessler and Kevin Pereira, who are super knowledgeable, but have to do what they need to for their networks to keep paying them.

Its stuff like that which prevents me from ever seeing the whole Korea-style level of games on television (like their e-sports Starcraft stuff) taking off in the US, because as a whole, its been treated so badly so far.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Havok said:
Its sad, because he obviously has a lot of enthusiasm for the industry, but the nature of television basically reduces him to being a hype man for their commercial-laden shitfest. I feel the same way about the people on G4, like Adam Sessler and Kevin Pereira, who are super knowledgeable, but have to do what they need to for their networks to keep paying them.

Its stuff like that which prevents me from ever seeing the whole Korea-style level of games on television (like their e-sports Starcraft stuff) taking off in the US, because as a whole, its been treated so badly so far.

Yep, I know I'm in the minority, but I would take a average looking woman who ACTUALLY knows about the industry and what she's talking about on these types of shows, over these hot chicks that annoy the shit out of me with their fake interest.

Ramirez

Alienshogun said:
Yep, I know I'm in the minority, but I would take a average looking woman who ACTUALLY knows about the industry and what she's talking about on these types of shows, over these hot chicks that annoy the shit out of me with their fake interest.

Morgan is legit, no? She's been doing X-Play foooooorever.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:
Morgan is legit, no? She's been doing X-Play foooooorever.

Yeah, she's the only legit one out of the bunch.

I wouldn't say she's done Xplay forever, Adam has, and he used to do it with some other woman a LONG time ago, but she was on Screen Savers.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Alienshogun said:
Yeah, she's the only legit one out of the bunch.

I wouldn't say she's done Xplay forever, Adam has, and he used to do it with some other woman a LONG time ago, but she was on Screen Savers.

Eh Morgan is a bit manish if you ask me. :lol

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Ramirez said:
You hang around some very feminine men then.

Might just be that Adam is pretty feminime because she pretty much towers over him, has broader shoulders, and I am pretty sure could kick his ass. Just makes her look like a beast. :lol

Edit: It is her jaw...even in google if you type in Morgan Webb...a frequent search is Morgan Webb manjaw. :lol

big ander

OT, but just because I didn't see him actually figure out to do it: Shogun, in GIMP to save a transparent background, go to layers, transparency, add alpha channel, then cut stuff out, then save as a PNG. That should work. But it doesn't really matter anyway :lol

Glad I missed another GTTV. The one time I watched it was a complete and utter disappointment.

Hey You

That was crap. :lol Bungie knew it wasn't anything interesting or they would have tweeted/posted about it.

Next time Geoff uses Reach to get fans, I'll wait for Bungie to post about it.:D

Saw this trailer on TV tonight, and the shot of the Covenant Cruiser getting gutted by the MAC blast that bookended it was glorious. So many things in this game I've been waiting to see visualized. I assume that was the same ship we saw crashed at the end of the web trailer.

Odd to see them running such slightly tweaked versions. I think there was one different shot or two in the body of the trailer as well.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
FilthyLies said:
Saw this trailer on TV tonight, and the shot of the Covenant Cruiser getting gutted by the MAC blast that bookended it was glorious. So many things in this game I've been waiting to see visualized. I assume that was the same ship we saw crashed at the end of the web trailer.

Odd to see them running such slightly tweaked versions. I think there was one different shot or two in the body of the trailer as well.

Didn't see if anyone posted it but here is the tv spot with the Covenant Cruiser getting hit by the MAC blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60O4nnbEBOM

metareferential said:
There are a lot of different informations about the wireless headset.

If it's already in the box, it's the greatest deal ever here in Europe, since it's priced at 299 euros with a game and two controllers (the standard 360 slim is at 249).
It's a wired headset according to the UK and US press releases.

But as you said if the euro version is indeed 299€, it'll already be great value nonetheless.

Xblog

Neo Member
in fact, someone here, knows if the spartan/elite personalization affect multiplayer mode ? end Which mode ? only lonewolf ? or also team slayer and firefight ? campaign ?

regards,

Mik2121

So... yesterday, after 30 hours of not sleeping, I made this wallpaper for my iPad:

hXwcz.jpg

Nevermind, it doesn't resemble Halo at all except for the UNSC logo. I will be doing a new and better background later that feels like an actual Halo background :)

Ah, this is the source image I made with Photoshop.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Xblog said:
in fact, someone here, knows if the spartan/elite personalization affect multiplayer mode ? end Which mode ? only lonewolf ? or also team slayer and firefight ? campaign ?

regards,

Customisation carries over to every multiplayer mode in addition to the Campaign. You'll earn credits in every mode which you can then use to further deck out your Spartan. The Elite model is only for specific gametypes and thus doesn't have the same customisation options as the Spartan. Elites gain full new armour options at specific ranks as you unlock them and progress (by earning credits).

Xblog

Neo Member
Dani said:
Customisation carries over to every multiplayer mode in addition to the Campaign. You'll earn credits in every mode which you can then use to further deck out your Spartan. The Elite model is only for specific gametypes and thus doesn't have the same customisation options as the Spartan. Elites gain full new armour options at specific ranks as you unlock them and progress (by earning credits).

ok, so you sure in every multiplayer mode (no colors i thins, juste the armour) ? in BETA, i don't see that...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Xblog said:
ok, so you sure in every multiplayer mode (no coulors perhaps, juste the armories) ? in BETA, i don't see that...

The Beta had limited options, so the full picture wasn't clear - Bungie purposely hid a lot of stuff.

The only mode (I think) you can't earn Credits in is Theatre. You'll earn them in everything else for sure.

Xblog said:
ok, so you sure in every multiplayer mode (no colors i thins, juste the armour) ? in BETA, i don't see that...
Your custom Spartan crosses all modes- colors, armor, emblem. It'll even show up in campaign cutscenes.

Fucken amazing. Every new snippet i see, i get excited. Even the FPS clips on GTTV looked great, the motion blurr looks so much better now. Someone somewhere mentioned that the Campaign trailer had more epic moments then he entire H3 campaign... that mac blast confirmed it LOL.

It seems like bungie sat around, gathered together all things Halo, took all the parts that are "HOLY SHIT" worthy and created reach.

Mik2121

Alright. I give up. Dunno how the iPad screen works but it fucks up with some gradients and whatnot, plus the iTunes sorts of blur out the pics, so the sharpness on the UNSC logo and other areas disappear, making it one big blue mess.

Here are the variations of the wallpaper I made, size 1024x1024:

Low contrast + dirt and noise (For some reason imgur is fucking up with this pic and making it a jpg instead of PNG. What the heck?)
Low contrast no dirt
High contrast + dirt and noise
Higher contrast + dirt and noise

They look blurry if you have the screen brightness to about half. But if you pull it up to the brightest option, it just looks plain ugly. So if someone wants to give it a try, playing around with the contrast and brightness of the image, go ahead :D

I can't wait to play Campaign! I remember Zeouterlimits was at my house when my bro started playing Mass Effect 2 and for the laugh my bro decked Shepard out in the hot pink armour variant making every encounter with the Elusive man to be OTT full of laughs. I simply cannot wait to ruin the campaign immersive experience with my super pink unicorn emblazened Spartan ^^

The little GTTV footage was awesome, the game is getting better and better visually.

And that added sequence to the commercial is stunning.

Reach is like Halo's superior aged whiskey.

I can't wait to get drunk with it :lol

Letters said:
Wow such a beautiful shot. I love how Noble 6 is just chilling there in the foreground looking at the ownage.

"That MAC gun can put a round clean through a Covenant Capital Ship."
4jwefm.jpg

This campaign is gonna rock.
That is sexy.

Letters said:
Wow such a beautiful shot. I love how Noble 6 is just chilling there in the foreground looking at the ownage.

"That MAC gun can put a round clean through a Covenant Capital Ship."
4jwefm.jpg

Perhaps all that chilling is what ultimately lead Noble 6 to be owned himself?

wwm0nkey

Im hoping they dont do what they did with Halo 3 and release an Epsilon build of the game, I was good friends with the guy that leaked all that stuff about Tsavo Highway.

wwm0nkey said:
Im hoping they dont do what they did with Halo 3 and release an Epsilon build of the game, I was good friends with the guy that leaked all that stuff about Tsavo Highway.

Seeing as the game has just hit certification, there's no point in having a test now. Plus the Epsilon build was to test the campaign networking if I recall correctly, as that was only finished late in development.

And the campaign networking has already been tested in the Reach delta build (public beta) anyway.

Photolysis said:
Seeing as the game has just hit certification, there's no point in having a test now. Plus the Epsilon build was to test the campaign networking if I recall correctly, as that was only finished late in development.

And the campaign networking has already been tested in the Reach delta build (public beta) anyway.

Well, there's always France after all.

They'll leak everything. :lol

Photolysis said:
I'm calling it now, 3 weeks until the French build is leaked.

Optimistic. :lol

Let's just hope that the leaked stuff stays out of my sight.

With Halo 3 even day-one reviews were full of spoilers. I remeber having watched the gametrailers one.

Good thing the game is fun to play even when you know it by heart.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Most games get leaked prior to release and the bigger the game, the bigger the target.

There will be Youtube videos from pirated copies and spoilers all over the show pasted all over the net just before release.

Thankfully most Halo sites and GAF have a sensible spoiler policy in place. But still, there are asshats out there determined to have an impact on people's initial enjoyment of the game.

You'll need to stay away from the internet, switch off your electric and cut off your ears just to be safe. Divorce your friends just in case. And your family. And your pets.

Top Bottom