• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Letters said:
4jwefm.jpg
If Halo lore serves me right (don't worry, I'm an expert), that is not a MAC shot at all at all. That is in fact a combination of events that took place in Halo 2 and Halo 3. See, that light is actually MC launching himself through space with the Covenant bomb, of course, he went so fast he travelled through time and also tore right through the ship. That explosion is just the bomb travelling at speed and thus detonating downwards. The moments after the blast are reminiscent of the opening scene in Halo 3 when the Chief falls into orbit. Noble 6 is nodding as the marines acknowledge on the intercom that their reading is that of the Chiefs signal. He must be thinking, "We'll be ok, Johnson has him now."

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hydranockz said:
If Halo lore serves me right (don't worry, I'm an expert), that is not a MAC shot at all at all. That is in fact a combination of events that took place in Halo 2 and Halo 3. See, that light is actually MC launching himself through space with the Covenant bomb, of course, he went so fast he travelled through time and also tore right through the ship. That explosion is just the bomb travelling at speed and thus detonating downwards. The moments after the blast are reminiscent of the opening scene in Halo 3 when the Chief falls into orbit. Noble 6 is nodding as the marines acknowledge on the intercom that their reading is that of the Chiefs signal. He must be thinking, "We'll be ok, Johnson has him now."
:lol I enjoyed reading that.

Hydranockz said:
AMAZING! I never thought about this.

Wiggum2007

Hydranockz said:

Spoiler tag that shit!!!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:

:lol

10sdhk5.jpg

Red

Not a Jellyfish said:
I don't know much about the functionality or features of the MAC gun but it does hit the water so calmly, very pretty.
Only to wake up the Cloverfield monster and ruin Michael Stahl-David's day.

Crunched said:
Only to wake up the Cloverfield monster and ruin Michael Stahl-David's day.
Epic twist. The Convenant and the UNSC work together to kill the Reach Cloverfield monster. Epic story, bungie, epic story. It has everything: monster, time traveller, jetpacks

Xblog

Neo Member
Dani said:
The Beta had limited options, so the full picture wasn't clear - Bungie purposely hid a lot of stuff.

The only mode (I think) you can't earn Credits in is Theatre. You'll earn them in everything else for sure.

Excuse me but you do not understand me .. I wanted to know if our choice
of armor will be present and therefore visible in whics multiplayer game mode (only lone wolf ?)

Hydranockz said:

God damn I love halo. I sincerely hope that is what is going on in that shot that is about the most kick ass thing I have ever heard.

Xblog said:
Excuse me but you do not understand me .. I wanted to know if our choice
of armor will be present and therefore visible in whics multiplayer game mode (only lone wolf ?)
It will be visible in every game mode where you can control a Spartan. Your primary colour will be changed to the team colour in MM but eerywhere else, it's all you.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hydranockz said:
It will be visible in every game mode where you can control a Spartan. Your primary colour will be changed to the team colour in MM but eerywhere else, it's all you.

And your Armour doesn't change, you'll see your unique choice on your character in every mode. =)

Xblog

Neo Member
Hydranockz said:

Dani said:
And your Armour doesn't change, you'll see your unique choice on your character in every mode. =)

ok thanks 2 :) but in BETA, it was not visible ? i don't remember this...

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Xblog said:
ok thanks 2 :) but in BETA, it was not visible ? i don't remember this...

I believe it was visible in the beta but just not too easy to notice when everyone is red or blue. That and it restricted to shoulders, helmet and chest pieces, should be much easier to stand out when players have all areas of customization. :D

Not a Jellyfish said:
I believe it was visible in the beta but just not too easy to notice when everyone is red or blue. That and it restricted to shoulders, helmet and chest pieces, should be much easier to stand out when players have all areas of customization. :D
This.

My only problem with the beta in regards to the colours were that the secondary colours were still not really obvious at all. What I would so to have only the full chest piece as the team colour and the rest as your own colour :3

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
neoism said:
I miss anything the last two days.....???

Chopper ate the warthog shadow, Bungie in retaliation melted down all the choppers in a giant fusion reactor.

They blamed Stosh.

Eazy B in depressed delirium killed himself by playing chicken with a cyborg chicken.

Massive crying ensued.

The only mode (I think) you can't earn Credits in is Theatre

Speaking of which, have there been any changes to the Theatre that Bungie have talked about?

I noticed you could skip back in time in the beta for Generator Defense games which should be equivalent to doing it in a Firefight game, engine-wise... could it be that clips and rewinding work for Campaign games now?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Photolysis said:
Speaking of which, have there been any changes to the Theatre that Bungie have talked about?

I noticed you could skip back in time in the beta for Generator Defense games which should be equivalent to doing it in a Firefight game, engine-wise... could it be that clips and rewinding work for Campaign games now?

More than likely. I remember something vaguely mentioned about that back during Beta.

Circle T

xxjuicesxx said:
logo.png

Someone touch that up. I'm a noob at PS.
Here is my first rough attempt. Embossed the 7th Column logo into the GAF logo. The idea sounded better in my head that I think it came out, but oh well. Thoughts?

2d9r9qw.png

Alienshogun said:
Just bought my A40 Custom Tags to go on my BXR military green head set.

http://i31.tinypic.com/30acdac.jpg
I worked on that logo a little more this morning, but it appears I'm too late. Oh well, here is another version, just in case...

2ex7cso.png

Kuroyume

Banned
Hydranockz said:

Travelled through time? What the hell are you talking about... If he's right then shit these games confused the hell out of me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Circle T said:
I worked on that logo a little more this morning, but it appears I'm too late. Oh well, here is another version, just in case...

2ex7cso.png

I actually liked the last one better.

Hydranockz said:
Replace 'UNSC' with HaloGaf (the O could be placed in the center) and I will forever love you.

For the logo that's kind of redundant since the NeoGAF logo is at the center, don't you think?

The idea was originally to merge the two. Halo and Neogaf.

Mik2121

Circle T said:
Here is my first rough attempt. Embossed the 7th Column logo into the GAF logo. The idea sounded better in my head that I think it came out, but oh well. Thoughts?

2d9r9qw.png

2ex7cso.png
Hopefully you have that texture on another layer or in the layer style. Make it more subtle. Right now it's way too strong.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mik2121 said:
Hopefully you have that texture on another layer or in the layer style. Make it more subtle. Right now it's way too strong.

Yeah, that was my main "complaint" I also think the neogaf logo should remain it's normal colors.

When I imagined this originally when I got the idea, it was of a Class A uniform unit patch type deal. With all the colors and stuff.

Like this, this is my unit patch.

1zo9kdc.jpg

Circle T

Hydranockz said:
Replace 'UNSC' with HaloGaf (the O could be placed in the center) and I will forever love you.
I can work on that later this afternoon.
Alienshogun said:
I actually liked the last one better.
That's cool. I was just messing with it, and thought I'd throw up that new revision. I guess it works well though, since you already ordered them.
Mik2121 said:
Are you talking about the HaloGAF logo, or the ONI logo? I still have the HaloGAF psd file, but I've already deleted the ONI one. It didn't take much work, so no biggie if I have to redo it.

Circle T

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, that was my main "complaint" I also think the neogaf logo should remain it's normal colors.

When I imagined this originally when I got the idea, it was of a Class A uniform unit patch type deal. With all the colors and stuff.
Ahhh, I see. I was going more for a stone look, like it was engraved into the side of a building, or whatever. But, I see what you are shooting for now. I could make a new one, if you want, using that high-res ONI logo, but if you've already ordered the pieces, it doesn't really matter.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Circle T said:
Ahhh, I see. I was going more for a stone look, like it was engraved into the side of a building, or whatever. But, I see what you are shooting for now. I could make a new one, if you want, using that high-res ONI logo, but if you've already ordered the pieces, it doesn't really matter.

Revise it how ever you want bud, it isn't like I own either logo! :lol

The only idea I came up with was combining them to make an awesome HaloGAF logo we could use on A40s if we wanted to. You're the one who's making them look a lot better, I don't have the skill to do that.

Edit: Yeah, I already ordered the ones I posted. I like the more simple look of the ONI logo, with the textured NeoGAF logo.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kuroyume said:
Travelled through time? What the hell are you talking about... If he's right then shit these games confused the hell out of me.
Halo does not feature Time Travel, don't worry. (I'm an expert.)

feel

Hydranockz said:
That was awesome. :lol

For a second there at the beginning I thought you were going to bitch at me for implying a small Corvette is considered a Capital Ship (according to the halo wikia, it is a light capital warship, I checked before posting that johnson quote xD ).

Hydranockz said:

If you will be my Stephen King, I will be your Stephenie Meyer!

Plywood said:
Halo does not feature Time Travel, don't worry. (I'm an expert.)

notsureifserious.jpg

I don't see why it is would be impossible in the Halo universe. Slipspace allows for travel faster than lightspeed, so technically 'our' laws of physics don't apply in slipspace.

Top Bottom