• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

OuterWorldVoice said:
First game I am top scorer, second game I am bottom scorer. A perfect demo of my consistency.

Yeah, I wish I was at least inconsistent with my skill. I tend to only play really bad.. or at least decent.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Darkflight said:
It's like he had a needler compass, he always knew where it was. :lol

Wait till it's a map he doesn't know and can't find the needler. Then you are in for a treat.

While you guys are having fun, I guess I'll sit here and watch Firefly.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's a good thing I'm not playing. I'd beat up on you guys so bad you would cancel your Reach pre orders lolol

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Tashi0106 said:
It's a good thing I'm not playing. I'd beat up on you guys so bad you would cancel your Reach pre orders lolol

Not entirely true, playing the Reach beta when I killed you one time out of like 5 games it was the best feeling in the world. I was so happy. :lol

outsidah

I gotta admit I have never been a huge Halo fan (only played through the first and didn't get into 3) but this one is looking pretty damn good.

Looks like the multiplayer will be fun as well.

Circle T

Came home from dinner tonight, and had another idea for a HaloGAF logo. Again, this isn't the greatest thing ever, I'm certainly not a PS expert. But, I think it turned out OK. Any thoughts??

sltlcg.png

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That's a bit much bud, but it looks cool.

What you COULD do is remove the shield from the back and post everything on a NeoGAF circle and remove the circle from the elite head.

That's how I would change it.

Circle T

Alienshogun said:
That's a bit much bud, but it looks cool.

What you COULD do is remove the shield from the back and post everything on a NeoGAF circle and remove the circle from the elite head.

That's how I would change it.
Yea, I actually tried that. The problem was when you put the Elite skull and swords on top of the GAF logo, the skull and everything just obscure the GAF logo so much, you practically couldn't tell what it was.

Oh well, I was just messing around. I was trying to make it look like the other skulls (Tilt, Famine, etc) with how they have their logo stamped into the skull. But, my skill with PS isn't that high any more, so it didn't really turn out as well as I was hoping. Too many years have past since I attended AIPX, and I've lost all my ability. :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kibbles said:
It's like with each new clip IGN tries to outdo themselves.

halor_gmp_forge_0731.html
Gaming is haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarddddd.

Also that video really highlighted to me the glittery/sprinkley sounds you make when in forge mode. Bungie am Twilight fanz just like Kojima.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Captain Blood said:
lol I have been thinking something similar.

You think in ellipses?

Circle T said:
Yea, I actually tried that. The problem was when you put the Elite skull and swords on top of the GAF logo, the skull and everything just obscure the GAF logo so much, you practically couldn't tell what it was.

Oh well, I was just messing around. I was trying to make it look like the other skulls (Tilt, Famine, etc) with how they have their logo stamped into the skull. But, my skill with PS isn't that high any more, so it didn't really turn out as well as I was hoping. Too many years have past since I attended AIPX, and I've lost all my ability. :lol

Ah, well then there you have it. Nevermind then! :lol

Striker

Alienshogun said:
Haters gonna hate! :lol

I was the highest poster on IGN too, so it's not news to me.
The posts are fine, if 90% of them actually had substance to them, and actually about the game or its modes.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Striker said:
The posts are fine, if 90% of them actually had substance to them, and actually about the game or its modes.

The irony is you taking the time to make a post that doesn't add anything to bitch about another poster.

Pick a fight else where. It isn't like I'm trolling, or bringing anger into the threads. People go off topic quite often in every thread, like organizing customs and such.

Get over it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Alienshogun said:
The irony is you taking the time to make a post that doesn't add anything to bitch about another poster.

Pick a fight else where. It isn't like I'm trolling, or bringing anger into the threads. People go off topic quite often in every thread, like organizing customs and such.

Get over it.

Edit: Decided to PM instead. Don't want to stir up drama in-thread.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
omg.kittens said:
I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but you DO post a lot, and frequently about pretty inane things. It's nothing that's destroying threads or anything (*coughFALAGARDcough*), but it does get tired. If it's pissing people off, maybe you should try to step back, and dominate the conversation a little less. At the very least, go back and delete all the extra empty space in your posts. =P

With that said, I have appreciated a lot of your posts, especially the discussion on those fancy headphones that I'm not remembering the name of. Thinking about doing some more research and getting a pair, in fact. :D

Well, I have a ton of free time on my hands during the summer since I watch my son while I'm out of school. So I post a lot. I'm also new to the community, so I'm trying to establish a connection with everyone here. If it's really bothering everyone with how much I participate I'll back off, but striker has made rude comments before, so I take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I'm not trying to bog anything down, or piss anyone off. Like I said, I'm simply trying to establish myself, and let you all know me, and trying to know all of you.

That said, I don't think I've done anything to warrant bitching about my posting, yeah I post a lot, but it's usually in response to someone, or to be part of a conversation. Sure there are times like with the speaker tags, but I thought that was something a lot of people might enjoy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Oozer3993 said:
Saw that earlier and played a little. I sucked at it. I wonder if that's the same Ed Fries who was part of the Xbox division at launch and helped Microsoft acquire Bungie.
I got (I'd guess) halfway through the Camo Elites area. Hopefully someone on GAF will beat it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Alienshogun said:
Well, I have a ton of free time on my hands during the summer since I watch my son while I'm out of school. So I post a lot. I'm also new to the community, so I'm trying to establish a connection with everyone here. If it's really bothering everyone with how much I participate I'll back off, but striker has made rude comments before, so I take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I'm not trying to bog anything down, or piss anyone off. Like I said, I'm simply trying to establish myself, and let you all know me, and trying to know all of you.

That said, I don't think I've done anything to warrant bitching about my posting, yeah I post a lot, but it's usually in response to someone, or to be part of a conversation. Sure there are times like with the speaker tags, but I thought that was something a lot of people might enjoy.
Shit, you responded before I edited. Oh well.

Yeah, I'm not too worked up over your post frequency and/or content. It's mildly annoying, but no big deal. I'm pretty good at glazing over when it comes to GAF drama, so I'm sorry if I fed into Striker's antagonizing (if that is the case). Either way, I relate to the complaints, but it's just the internet, so I'm not stressing too much over it, and I don't think you should, either.

And on a totally different note, I'm about halfway through the Headhunters story in Halo: Evolutions. Pretty good. The way they
sneak up on the Covenant encampment totally had me visualizing that campaign level from Reach with the large Covie spire in it
. Different terrain, but I imagine the feeling will be similar;
going over one last ridge to suddenly find a huge, alien structure.
Halo at it's best. :D

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
omg.kittens said:
Shit, you responded before I edited. Oh well.

Yeah, I'm not too worked up over your post frequency and/or content. It's mildly annoying, but no big deal. I'm pretty good at glazing over when it comes to GAF drama, so I'm sorry if I fed into Striker's antagonizing (if that is the case). Either way, I relate to the complaints, but it's just the internet, so I'm not stressing too much over it, and I don't think you should, either.

I'm not, don't worry. I've been around the block a few times in my life. Message boards aren't worth stressing over.

:lol

I just figured you deserved an explanation since you took the time to address what you interpreted as a potential problem, with tact.

I understand it can be annoying when you keep seeing my avatar pop up, but I assure you my only intention is to get better acquainted with the group.

If it's annoying you it's probably annoying others, I'll try to limit my posting more from here on out.

GhaleonEB

I'm just glad someone other than me is a the top of the heap of a Halo thread. Post moar! I'm not even in the top 10.

Well, I am now.

Sai-kun

Banned
Alienshogun said:
I'm not, don't worry. I've been around the block a few times in my life. Message boards aren't worth stressing over.

:lol

I just figured you deserved an explanation since you took the time to address what you interpreted as a potential problem, with tact.

I understand it can be annoying when you keep seeing my avatar pop up, but I assure you my only intention is to get better acquainted with the group.

If it's annoying you it's probably annoying others, I'll try to limit my posting more from here on out.
You should get a rotating avatar host. That'll REALLY throw everyone for a loop!

that doesn't work too well for me though when almost all of mine are Lady Gaga :lol

Circle T

Alienshogun said:
I personally don't see anything wrong with your posting. There is an ignore function here. If people get tired of see your posts, they can use it.

vhfive said:
and here I thought Gui was going to be the next Dax. I guess we all make mistakes

<3 Gee
I was just thinking about how this reminded my of the good old days when dax was responsible for ever other post. Then crazedarabman came and filled his shoes for a bit. :lol
EazyB said:
http://i29.tinypic.com/5evlur.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/zlyxqb.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Nicely done my friend.

Yea when Dax posted all the time, that was the WORST. Seriously everytime I read one of his posts my brain wanted to explode.

Also I love the end of customs when I'm just blasted off the Captain and donging in BTB. :D Probably the best custom night so far. Besides certain shady characters rage quitting to go sign into an alt to play with "Bungle dudes". Mad ass kissing right there.

big ander

Plywood said:
So this was like your one post for the day, huh?
You know he can't respond to that now. :p

Had fun in the games I played, especially the one Valhalla Flag game with zero lag and me actually doing good with sniper. Longshore was fun as usual (I like it) but I'm thinking the weapons spawn too fast on it. I always feel like there are 3 swords and two shotguns running around.
The last game (after which I went to the bathroom to find everyone had left) was not competitive but it was fun. I kept trying to get someone to ride in my Gauss, but no one would for a while. The only person that tried was Juices and he got splattered by a Chopper getting in :lol But after that I went up on the high tower and messed around and tried to get everyones attention. I don't know if you guys saw me, but I don't think Starlit did from the way his tank looks around after I drained it. :lol Then I jumped off and ninja'd someone upon landing. I thought it was actually pretty cool.
Rendered Video of the events

big ander said:

Had fun in the games I played, especially the one Valhalla Flag game with zero lag and me actually doing good with sniper. Longshore was fun as usual (I like it) but I'm thinking the weapons spawn too fast on it. I always feel like there are 3 swords and two shotguns running around.
The last game (after which I went to the bathroom to find everyone had left) was not competitive but it was fun. I kept trying to get someone to ride in my Gauss, but no one would for a while. The only person that tried was Juices and he got splattered by a Chopper getting in :lol But after that I went up on the high tower and messed around and tried to get everyones attention. I don't know if you guys saw me, but I don't think Starlit did from the way his tank looks around after I drained it. :lol Then I jumped off and ninja'd someone upon landing. I thought it was actually pretty cool.
Ha, I wondered who drained my tank :lol

Schmitty

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea when Dax posted all the time, that was the WORST. Seriously everytime I read one of his posts my brain wanted to explode.

Also I love the end of customs when I'm just blasted off the Captain and donging in BTB. :D Probably the best custom night so far. Besides certain shady characters rage quitting to go sign into an alt to play with "Bungle dudes". Mad ass kissing right there.
Who was that?
Stormtrooper30 said:
*sigh* HaloGAF fails me and my obvious numbers.
I know, right? :lol

Darkflight said:
Good games tonight guys, randoms can be entertaining to play against sometimes :lol
Yea especially the wiggers that came out on that Longshore Team Slayer game in Big Team Social...

They were talking to much smack for no reason in the pregame lobby, I was about to mute them all but it was too entertaining for me. All I remember was hearing them clamoring in proximity chat every time one of them died. Then when the dust cleared...

...they blamed it on lag and GAF had a laugh.

[Shoutout to everyone who joined in on at least one game with us on Customs Tonight!]
Dani for hosting, Lazslo for hosting, you both had some great Maps/Gametypes. And Special Thanks to Lazslo for letting me host with PL after he left @ about 11:30EST till we all departed @ about 1:30EST. I tested the GAF waters with a remake of Hang 'Em High and Prisoner! Glad everyone liked the Prisoner remake, I'll be tweaking it for GAFs weapon spawn tastes even better next time. Definitely gonna miss Halo 3 now after such a great GAF Customs session.

We weaned down to about 8 people, we hopped into MM Social Big Team. Shoutout to GAF "After Hours" Customs!

big ander said:

For sure, that was a laggy game that last one.. I couldn't hear Starlit and I was riding around with squidhands on a Gauss the whole time. Was so laggy that 5 of the other team quit out.

Top Bottom