• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Mik2121

Alienshogun said:
You should suspend it over water, or at the least over that island.

You probably already had that thought out though.
You can create Instant and Soft Killing areas to make the limits for your levels, so that's not a problem.

But yeah, I was planing on have the main base on top of that big rock with the other 'floating' area connected with some pillars to the bottom (to make it more realistic and not just stuff floating).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mik2121 said:
You can create Instant and Soft Killing areas to make the limits for your levels, so that's not a problem.

But yeah, I was planing on have the main base on top of that big rock with the other 'floating' area connected with some pillars to the bottom (to make it more realistic and not just stuff floating).

I was just thinking, it could look really kick ass if you put it in the air over by those waterfalls in forge world. make an awesome vista to frag your friends in!

Mik2121

I will definitely look around the whole ForgeWorld before starting to build it. Plus, I don't think they've shown all the areas? There are beaches, cliffs, interiors, etc.. but for such a large area, I think there's stuff left to be shown.

Can't wait to check it out :_)

Mik2121

Kapura said:
ha ha no I called it a while back.
Well, why don't you guys make your own versions and let HaloGAF decide for the best one to use in customs? :p Or, you know.. work together on it! :p

simple desktop background for everyone. bored at work again.
classified.jpg

I want to make a floating fortress as high as I can over the water with a few risk v reward places, rockets will be floating over an open hole of DEATH where only the brave may get that rocket love.

Some sneaky teleports too, in fact you could remake that UT map where you fall off the bottom of the map but appear at the top, a never ending cycle of falling :lol

Kapura said:
ha ha no I called it a while back.

Bullshit, I called it when I found out I couldn't make it sufficiently in Halo 3, which I tried DAY ONE after waiting in line at a midnight release. I was all like, next Forge, just you wait. So you can sit down, son.

Mik2121

Diablohead said:
I want to make a floating fortress as high as I can over the water with a few risk v reward places, rockets will be floating over an open hole of DEATH where only the brave may get that rocket love.

Some sneaky teleports too, in fact you could remake that UT map where you fall off the bottom of the map but appear at the top, a never ending cycle of falling :lol
The one that's like the inside of a pyramid?

God's Beard said:
Bullshit, I called it when I found out I couldn't make it sufficiently in Halo 3, which I tried DAY ONE after waiting in line at a midnight release. I was all like, next Forge, just you wait. So you can sit down, son.
I called it before Forge was even announced.

I was like "Shiet, man. If there is ever a Halo editor, I'm gonna make that map."

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Dax01 said:
I was like "Shiet, man.

I just spit water all over my monitor.

Fortunately, no damage was done.

Jk

WTB Campaign infos.

Oh, and +1 for Boarding action, full size/scale this time.

Lazslo said:
So who's remaking Epitaph?
Fixd.

Gui said:
Sounds like it was fun. Was there a Blueblur Defense Force this week?

Edit: The defense force was created by stormtrooper in valhalla while blueblur was away. We'd protect him while vhfive would take on the other team on his own. I think we still one that match btw
Funny thing is I don't think Blur ever even noticed it. Five was not impressed.

Merguson

Banned
I will make a map, and it will end up terrible. This will be the end of my creative juices and I will end up just playing other creations.

Blueblur1

Stormtrooper30 said:
Fixd.

Funny thing is I don't Blur ever even noticed it. Five was not impressed.
I came back to my Xbox to find 3 dudes huddled around me and a Warthog being driven into the bottom of the base. My immediate reaction was, "WTF?"

The I asked you guys, "What the hell are you guys doing" and I walked outside of the base to go kill dudes. A couple of seconds later everything was like, "Where's Blur and why did he just walk away without saying anything?" Nobody heard me but I still lol'ed.

Did anyone save the film?

Max

I am not Max
Does anyone know if I'll still be able to get the Halo PC exclusive thing with my code if I've used it just recently?
"For starters, I pulled a list of keys that had actually been used as of a month or two ago, and we'll probably validate against that list," Bungie developer Roger Wolfson said on the Bungie forums.
I'm just wondering if mine has been void of the item because I've used it just a couple of weeks ago even though I bought the game on release.

Edit: nevermind the bungie forums answered that. The key is validated the first time you enter it, not the last time

eso76

holy shit the new forge looks incredible (a bit lttp, hadn't seen the vidoc).
Looks like you'll be able to remake almost every map you might think of (i will remake halo CE maps myself :p)

Blueblur1 said:
I came back to my Xbox to find 3 dudes huddled around me and a Warthog being driven into the bottom of the base. My immediate reaction was, "WTF?"

The I asked you guys, "What the hell are you guys doing" and I walked outside of the base to go kill dudes. A couple of seconds later everything was like, "Where's Blur and why did he just walk away without saying anything?" Nobody heard me but I still lol'ed.

Did anyone save the film?
Yea, was kinda surprised when I turned around and you weren't there.

I wish I would have saved the film, but I've already changed games so my cache is gone. Hope Bungie fixed this for Reach.

Louis Wu

Max said:
Does anyone know if I'll still be able to get the Halo PC exclusive thing with my code if I've used it just recently?

I'm just wonder if mine has been void of the item because I've used it just a couple of weeks ago even though I bought the game on release.
According to a post at Kotaku, "those who have authenticated a key for Halo: Combat Evolved on a Bungie server sometime before May 26 will be able to use that key to get the flair."

Sounds like you might be out of luck. :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Don't waste your time on the mediocre Halo 3 maps. IMO, the Halo 3 maps that need a Reach remake...

Pit
Construct(if it's possible)
Narrows
Amplified(MLG Forge Map)
Onslaught(MLG Forge Map)

edit: I wonder how Standoff would play if it was a smaller map made for 4v4. No vehicles.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I leave proper map making to other folks. Forge can be such a pain, maybe 2.0 will change that.

I'm actually interested in making variants of the standard maps. I find it interesting to watch how a map plays across game-types and what changes could make it either better or just play differently.

Shake Appeal said:
I am going to make an original map.

What's this original map nonsense you speak of?

I have one that I made in H3 which will be much easier to make in Reach, and then 2 remakes I want to do (Foundation and Longest)
:D

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Tashi0106 said:
Don't waste your time on the mediocre Halo 3 maps. IMO, the Halo 3 maps that need a Reach remake...

Pit
Narrows
Amplified(MLG Forge Map)
Onslaught(MLG Forge Map)

edit: I wonder how Standoff would play if it was a smaller map made for 4v4. No vehicles.

I think in Forge 2.0 Construct can be done, one of the maps I have been working out in my head but everyone would probably just take jet packs on it. :lol

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
CrazedArabMan said:
I have one that I made in H3 which will be much easier to make in Reach, and then 2 remakes I want to do (Foundation and Longest)
:D

For the love of god no shitty conveyor belts in Longest!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Tashi0106 said:

Pit
Narrows
Amplified(MLG Forge Map)
Onslaught(MLG Forge Map)

Does not compute.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Diablohead said:
That's how it all starts until you realise how awesome a floating beaver creak would be with a tank in the middle.
...you have soiled all of my original ideas forever now.

Nutter

While we are on the topic of creating shitty remakes of shitty maps, (aka Construct) :p , I hear Spud the X Bud is going to recreate Isolation. Yeah..

Kuroyume

Banned
I think you guys are overestimating the power of Forge 2.0. I didn't see anything in the Forge World video that was impressive other than the map itself which was huge. From what I gather it's essentially Forge with the glitches. That's it. Expect crap maps.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Kuroyume said:
I think you guys are overestimating the power of Forge 2.0. I didn't see anything in the Forge World video that was impressive other than the map itself which was huge. From what I gather it's essentially Forge with the glitches. That's it. Expect crap maps.
Uhhhh

Top Bottom