• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach - Noble Map Pack Trailer

Noble_Trailer_Banner.jpg

The Noble Map Pack is the first DLC for Halo: Reach. It offers three new maps for 800 MSP and is due to come out November 30th 2010.

Bungie has just release the first trailer for the new maps so go and check it out.

34rsny9.jpg

Thank you Letters

Link to Bungie.Net Article

YouTube Link

vhfive

JaggedSac said:
Looks pretty awesome. Anybody know if they are going to throw in some new armor pieces in with the maps?
they haven't said anything so I'm guessing no. :(

New maps look awesome though.

Prine

Banned
WOW that was a great trailer. I MISS the old Halo theme, was nice to hear in the trailer.

Will buy.

JMizzlin

As much as I loved Reach, three new maps just isn't getting me excited. I know there are achievements and everything, but I'm just not really pumped. IMO Tempest is the only nice-looking map in the pack.

I think I'm just feeling that this will be the 'Heroic' map pack of Halo: Reach, with hopefully better stuff to come that won't just be Competitive MP maps.

An iphone just isn't the best thing to ingest this trailer. Better than nothing, though. The maps look pretty cool, and I know the BTB people will be thrilled to have some more maps.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Eye Drop said:
As much as I loved Reach, three new maps just isn't getting me excited. I know there are achievements and everything, but I'm just not really pumped. IMO Tempest is the only nice-looking map in the pack.

I think I'm just feeling that this will be the 'Heroic' map pack of Halo: Reach, with hopefully better stuff to come that won't just be Competitive MP maps.

All of the Map packs for Halo 3 added significantly to the everyday multiplayer, even if the playlists needed some careful attention. With the new playlist integration for Reach the DLC this time around looks like it will be even better for regular players - especially as the maps are seemingly addressing the current wants and needs of the community at large (more BTB levels!).

I was hoping for something a bit different with map packs for Halo Reach. Something like 3 general maps, an invasion map and 1 or 2 firefight maps. Obviously it would be more expensive but I wanted all the areas of Reach to be expanded.

Guess they are sticking with what works at first. Maybe we'll see something more varied with the next dlc.

I'll still be picking this up though as I'm still enjoying the multiplayer.

ultron87

Is the helmet of the guy who armor locks everything at the end of the trailer something we haven't seen before? When he runs at the camera it looks like you can see a skull or something inside the helmet (as opposed to as a decal on the outside like Emil's helmet).

Or is that just a weird looking reflection?

Can someone gif the last bit with the Armor Lock, I want to put it in the OP :lol

Edit:
ultron87 said:
Is the helmet of the guy who armor locks everything at the end of the trailer something we haven't seen before? When he runs at the camera it looks like you can see a skull or something inside the helmet (as opposed to as a decal on the outside like Emil's helmet).

That's the Haunted Mask... For now it is a Bungie exclusive. The only way for anyone else to get it is the reach the rank of Inheritor (twenty million credits) and then buy all of the Helmets in the armory. After you do both of those things it will unlock for you.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Anyone have a link to a youtube? Bungie.net is blocked by the killjoys at work.

I really hope they have the MM sorted out this time as they've been promising. I bought all the map-packs for H3 and barely got to play any of the maps from them unless I went into the DLC playlists that were dominated by acheivement whores and super-hardcore players. I have no qualms paying for maps as long as I get to play them properly

ultron87 said:

That's the helmet that Bungie employees are sporting I believe.

Deadly

How's this going to effect the playlists? Is the map pack going to be obligatory or are they going to create more separate playlists for those without the map pack?

.nimrod

I wonder how they managed to make so nice looking maps in such a short time, but could only come up with some ugly ones during the whole development time for the main game -.-

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Deadly said:
How's this going to effect the playlists? Is the map pack going to be obligatory or are they going to create more separate playlists for those without the map pack?

Urk mentioned that new maps will be integrated into existing playlists due to new tools that Reach has for matching people, so you'll be matched up with DLC owners with the highest priority. A DLC playlist has not been ruled out though.

1 invasion map and 1 BTB map, IMO, those are the only places where the map list needs work (CUE GAF DISAGREEMENT), so I'm glad that they are getting the love in this pack.

Anchor 9... I didn't think zero g was a good gimmick on Zealot, and I doubt that it will be here either.

ultron87

Deadly said:

There will be a DLC-Only playlist for people that just want to play on the new maps.

They will also be integrated into the normal playlists, but obviously will only ever pop up in the voting list if everyone in the game has the DLC. I think they said they would try and weight it so that people with the DLC end up in the same game.

So you can play them in any playlist, but only the DLC-only one will actually require the new maps to play in.

shuri

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Can someone gif the last bit with the Armor Lock, I want to put it in the OP :lol

Edit:

That's the Haunted Mask... For now it is a Bungie exclusive. The only way for anyone else to get it is the reach the rank of Inheritor (twenty million credits) and then buy all of the Helmets in the armory. After you do both of those things it will unlock for you.
Twenty Million credits? Holy crap. I wonder how much grinding time it takes to make that. I wonder if someone managed to do this yet.

REV 09

electricpirate said:
1 invasion map and 1 BTB map, IMO, those are the only places where the map list needs work (CUE GAF DISAGREEMENT), so I'm glad that they are getting the love in this pack.

Anchor 9... I didn't think zero g was a good gimmick on Zealot, and I doubt that it will be here either.
i agree, the BTB in Reach is really lacking atm. This map pack is thankfully focusing on the weak points of Reach.

-PXG- said:
Because Bungie has moved on from Halo to work on their new IP.
Apparently not. Besides, Bungie has been saying for awhile that they would support Halo: Reach as much as they would support Halo 2/3.
electricpirate said:

Yeah. Firefight has, what, 8 maps to play on? How many does BTB/Invasion have in matchmaking? Two each. Spire/Boneyard for Invasion, and Hemorrhage/Paradiso for BTB.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
shuri said:
Twenty Million credits? Holy crap. I wonder how much grinding time it takes to make that. I wonder if someone managed to do this yet.

There's a daily cap so I can pretty much guarantee no. That'll probably be another year out even for the hardcore unemployed players out there.

But that helmet effect is sweet as fuck, I wants it.

Hey You

shuri said:
I doubt someone has legit.

And as you rank up, you get more credits per game completion.

Dani said:
So why would you make a statement if you didn't know it was true? =P

I thought it was true! I recalled reading it somewhere but I guess i'm mistaken. Plus I thought Halo 2 maps became free after a long ass time (correct me if this isn't the case..), so assumed the same was true for 3.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I NEED SCISSORS said:
I thought it was true! I recalled reading it somewhere but I guess i'm mistaken. Plus I thought Halo 2 maps became free after a long ass time (correct me if this isn't the case..), so assumed the same was true for 3.

Halo 2 maps all went free but only the first Halo 3 Map Pack went free. It was quoted that the Halo 3 Map Packs were selling 1000's a day a year after initial release so it's a source of a lot of free money for Microsoft. I fully understand why they are no longer making them free, it's good business sense, even if I disagree with it from a player's perspective (any cost barrier divides the player base to some degree).

aesop

Maps look very nice. Wish there were more, but who doesn't? I wanted the trailer to show us more of the forge pallet we'll be working with on Tempest, but I guess I'll have to wait for that.

Anyways, day 1 purchase.

zaidr

Was never that into halo until reach. I can't wait for this map pack though. looks awesome. I need to find some friends to play halo with...

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Aw, I thought when they said Tempest was a "huge forge pallete" that that meant it was made from (new) forge building blocks that could be all be altered or cleared for totally custom stuff, like Forge World. Looks like everything is permanent and you can only use the existing forge pieces to build around it what's already there. Weak.

Top Bottom