• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach - Noble Map Pack Trailer

I like the trailer and it hyped me for the Mappack. That is what you wanted it, right Urk? I really love the colorful art of Tempest. Additionally I hope that Anchor 6 doesnt have any Zero-G camp spawn.

Hypertrooper said:
I like the trailer and it hyped me for the Mappack. That is what you wanted it, right Urk? I really love the colorful art of Tempest. Additionally I hope that Anchor 6 doesnt have any Zero-G camp spawn.
You know something we don't? :p

Hugbot

JimboJones said:
Probably wait until it's on sale, bit early for DLC imo :/
With the map selection being what it is there's no such thing as "too early." Plus this is the exact same window as H3's first DLC so

GhaleonEB

Hugbot said:
With the map selection being what it is there's no such thing as "too early." Plus this is the exact same window as H3's first DLC so
Yup, t's releasing the exact same number of days after Reach as Halo 3's Heroic Map Pack (77 days).

Kibbles

Shig said:
Aw, I thought when they said Tempest was a "huge forge pallete" that that meant it was made from (new) forge building blocks that could be all be altered or cleared for totally custom stuff, like Forge World. Looks like everything is permanent and you can only use the existing forge pieces to build around it what's already there. Weak.
Yeah, shame. =( Although, forge objects look like crap, so when I saw Tempest I knew it wasn't constructed from forge objects.

These maps look so nice but I don't know, without Firefight there's not much point in me picking them up. I rarely play multi any more.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Kibbles said:
Yeah, shame. =( Although, forge objects look like crap, so when I saw Tempest I knew it wasn't constructed from forge objects.
Well, I meant like the pieces would be unique to the template, like Foundry and Sandbox. This game really needs some variety in the forging objects, Forge World's great but the samey silver slabs its restricted to are getting a bit long in the tooth.

Man all of these maps look fantastic.

Invasion is my favorite gametype in Reach, so I'm looking forward to Breakpoint being added into the mix.

feel

Great trailer, this game needs more proper maps asap, really excited for this! :D

34rsny9.jpg

Armor Lock is made for the big maps. Nice ending ;lP

I'll pick these up but it'd be a no-brainer if Bungie designed Firefight to work in *any* multiplayer map. That'd be a win-win. Epic got that part right with Gears 2.

Letters said:
Great trailer, this game needs more proper maps asap, really excited for this! :D
:lol Added to the OP

Also I am surprised people are complaining about the price... 800 MSP seems very reasonable considering CoD was charging like 1,200 for theirs, weren't they?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Awesome trailer but I can't get it up for these maps like I could for Map Packs from Halo 2 and 3. Trailer was really well done though. Legendary map pack trailer is my favorite.

JimboJones

Hugbot said:
Thought it was too early back then too.

Tashi0106 said:
Awesome trailer but I can't get it up for these maps like I could for Map Packs from Halo 2 and 3. Trailer was really well done though. Legendary map pack trailer is my favorite.
I never loved dlc 'this' much.

Raide

I hope the outside part of Anchor 9 has a really bit boundary. Need a big area for some awesome space battles.

All the maps look great but I hope they come with some Forge updates too. Seems to be the main thing that is being left behind. We get Playlist changes, maps tweaks, more maps but still no news on Forge.

Kapura

Banned
Raide said:
I hope the outside part of Anchor 9 has a really bit boundary. Need a big area for some awesome space battles.

All the maps look great but I hope they come with some Forge updates too. Seems to be the main thing that is being left behind. We get Playlist changes, maps tweaks, more maps but still no news on Forge.
Tempest supports 8 – 16 Players and offers a variety of modes including Free for All, Team Slayer, Team Objective and Big Team Battle. Tempest also provides players with a huge Forge palette, allowing them to create new custom map variants that can be shared with the community-at-large.

Raide

Kapura said:

Hrmm... that does not say "New bits for Forge" Seems to suggest its just the normal bits but a new Forge area to play in.

Waiting for Urk to confirm its actual new bits for Forge, or just the normal stuff.

Azar

Raide said:
Hrmm... that does not say "New bits for Forge" Seems to suggest its just the normal bits but a new Forge area to play in.

Waiting for Urk to confirm its actual new bits for Forge, or just the normal stuff.
While I think a "Forge Pack" update with new pieces for Forge World (specifically, with a new color pallet) would be the best thing Bungie could make to benefit Reach's multiplayer in the long-term, I'm doubtful if it will ever happen, or if it would even be possible with how the game is designed. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'll never get the justification for buying maps. Of course, if you've only played games on consoles, you'd probably find it a great deal or something equally wacky.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
thetrin said:
I'll never get the justification for buying maps. Of course, if you've only played games on consoles, you'd probably find it a great deal or something equally wacky.
As someone who plays TF2 and since release, the Halo series, I find the maps are worth their value. Even with all of the free shit in TF2, there's some stuff left to be desired. Both games' models have stuff they do well, but do remember how many gametypes and customizable options you get with those 10$, which astronomically shit on much of the free DLC games get on PC nowadays.

Hugbot

thetrin said:
-John enjoys playing Halo
-John wants more maps for Halo
-John can either buy them or not play on them.

What part loses you? The way console DLC is set up, they're not going to be free and that isn't going to change. I agree that it sucks but the justification for buying a map pack is hardly a stretch.

soldat7

Looks fantastic. I hope these keep coming and work their way into the normal rotation. I'll eventually get around to Halo Reach multiplayer. The beta was divine.

thetrin said:
It's just like buying anything. If you want it, you can pay for it.

I have a full-time job and a house and a car and all that good stuff. Ten bucks aint shit when it comes to Halo :)

Apath

Hugbot said:

What part loses you? The way console DLC is set up, they're not going to be free and that isn't going to change. I agree that it sucks but the justification for buying a map pack is hardly a stretch.
Agreed. Sad to see how much we've strayed from Halo 2's map distribution, but having the three maps and -$10 is better than not having the three maps and +$10 sooooo.

pakkit said:
How long does Bungie usually wait after release before making the maps free?
They aren't going to be free. And if they are, no one can realistically give you an estimate of when except maybe Bungie exployees.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hugbot said:

The part where maps have been free on PC for years. The fact that TF2 has had tons of content and map updates since its release, and it's all been free.

Hey, if you want to buy it, more power to you. I just can't justify suddenly paying for something that used to be free without any really significant improvement to the item in question.

thetrin said:
The part where maps have been free on PC for years. The fact that TF2 has had tons of content and map updates since its release, and it's all been free.

It's a different era, and this isn't the PC. There is no reason to feel entitled to free maps just because you have had them in the past on a different platform.

thetrin said:

I'll never understand how a developer can survive by making maps and not selling them. Unless they are making some kind of "No-Spec" contest where the fans do the work for them.

Hugbot

thetrin said:
OK so how does that get John his Halo maps? I enjoy TF2 and the continued support as much as the next guy but claiming to not understand the justification for paying for a map pack when it's the only way it's available is just dense.

Top Bottom