• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Apache

Banned
So I have only played a handful of multiplayer but earlier today, I got the Cage.

Awesome map. So my team and I are losing by 5 kills on Slayer and there is about 3 minutes left in the match. Originally, I had started with hologram, but realized that on Cage, the Jetpack can give me extra maneuverability since the map is vertical.

So three minutes left in the match, a man down, and about 4 kills down at this point. Needless to say, I am more or a close quarters kind of guy and loved finishing this multiplayer match with a couple 2 solid left hooks.

Video here:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=286529&player=NH Apache

This game is awesome

zumphry

Banned
Sai-kun said:
I haven't quit a game since Sunday or Monday, I ACCIDENTALLY betrayed one person, I get fucking booted, and now I'm fucking banned again.

Edit: /rage

You've been around me too long (and me around you, I barely cursed/got upset when going into matchmaking last customs).

Finally reading the Journal and loving it. You can subtly see the change from Insurgency Halsey to Reach Halsey. (should this be spoilered?)

Damn! I played two arena matches at like 5 this morning thinking it would still be there this afternoon. Nope! :lol

:(

Edit: Also, if anyone that was in Onyx (or gold) in the Beta need someone to play with I could use some peeps to play with.

GT: Lead Based Pain

waynej506

Is their a way I could use my old xbox 360 harddrive with the new xbox? I'm trying to play some online co-op any help would be appreciated.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Foliorum Viridum said:
If you bothered to read the last half a dozen posts I've done since then, rather than post a silly gif, you'd know. :)
Reading threads is haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard.

No but I went back now and read some of your post. Multiplayer just doesn't sound like your thing. But personally I have played a ton of Halo 2 and 3 online and going to a game like Team Fortress 2, I would get slaughtered, even on the newbie servers, it took me a long time to just get adjusted to that game. For a while I didn't see what people 'got' or 'enjoyed' also I was primarily a console gamer. So on top of getting used to PC gaming, I also had to get used to the game and the way it works. It was very frustrating, but I just kept telling myself to put in the hours, so I'd be familiarized with the game and the controls. It just sounds like the game hasn't clicked for you yet. Or who knows maybe its not your thing. I noticed you said, you played CoD and how you said that it was satisfying from the start, well in Halo the satisfaction is not just from killing a guy but its also how you have to work towards killing him and ultimately I feel it's a much more satisfying experience.

waynej506 said:
Is their a way I could use my old xbox 360 harddrive with the new xbox? I'm trying to play some online co-op any help would be appreciated.

Yes, I know there is a explanation of how to do it somewhere in here but i don't know the page number exactly.

XenoRaven

So does GAF do like 8-16 player customs at all? I looked in the online thread and both Reach GAF and Reach GAF 2 GT's are full. I signed up for the spreadsheet thing.

I'm used to SF GAF where you start up an Endless lobby and invite everybody. Does this work pretty much the same?

Foliorum Viridum said:
5 is 4 too many for me, though. :lol

Play team swat.

But I understand where you coming from. I hated Halo 2 online. I was playing Socom 2 when that game came out and Socom just felt so much funner. I hated having to put tons of bullets into guys. I ended up getting Halo 3 at launch and ended up putting more hours in that game online then any other. Halo becomes a great experience when you play with friends/different game modes. If you stick with it for a while you will grow to like it. There is something really competitive about always being able to change the outcome of a fight, even if someone gets the beat on you first.

Jex

No you fools, don't vote for BTB Stockpile, that requires subtle coordination and tactics and we're all strangers!

X-Frame

Urk said last night they were looking into the betrayal/boot system. So that's good, but not sure what else they need to look at.

All they need to do is increase the betrayals per X amount of time and that's it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Whew. Just beat the game on heroic. Amazing.

I enjoyed the way it ended a lot, I only wish...

SPOILERS
that the cutscene with the Pillar of Autumn by the Halo ring would have continued and shown the Chief getting out of cryo sleep, then ended. I really wanted to see what Chief looked like in the upgraded engine.

Oh, how is Legendary? Heroic wasn't too bad, there were only 4 or 5 times I got stuck on a part over and over. Doable on Legendary?

I'm pissed about the AI right now. I dont care if it can't kill shit, but these marines keep running into me mid combat and taking my health down with the fucking warthog

neoism

HOLY SHIT! :O I am stupid! I was actually a little bit disappointed with the Campaign.... Then as I was about the play it again... :eek: Lone Wolves WTF is this... play it...
Wonderfully ending.. :O No wonder I thought the ending of the mission before was lame I can't believe I miss that the first time. The cool thing about it was I played it myself Great game at this point once I really get used to mutliplayer this is definitely Bungie's best game! <3<3<3<3<3
:lo:lol If you've beat it read.

Deadstar

Anybody tried playing a 4 persons split screen match on hemorrhage? I had a lan party last night with some friends and it was almost unplayable. The warthog disappears as it drives away and textures disappear like crazy. It was very very strange. I hope this is a bug and it will be fixed. We were running the game at 1080p. I haven't tried 720 to see if it still occurs.

Trasher

neoism said:
HOLY SHIT! :O I am stupid! I was actually a little bit disappointed with the Campaign.... Then as I was about the play it again... :eek: Lone Wolves WTF is this... play it...
Wonderfully ending.. :O No wonder I thought the ending of the mission before was lame I can't believe I miss that the first time. The cool thing about it was I played it myself Great game at this point once I really get used to mutliplayer this is definitely Bungie's best game! <3<3<3<3<3
:lo:lol If you've beat it read.
This is quite incoherent. What?! :lol

Question:
So I can't remember from the book. Is it at all possible that the Pillar of Autumn was docked on Reach before it jumped out of there? I can't remember if it was ever down on Reach during the book. Someone wanna refresh me?

Jesus Christ...

Team Snipers
DMR starts
Team SWAT
etc. etc. etc....

....can all do to hell. When I pick the TEAM SLAYER list, I WANT TO PLAY TEAM SLAYER. Just vanilla with AR/Pistol starts, and loadouts, period. I don't know how SWAT, or Snipers are so friggin popular but I absolutely hate them with every fiber of my being. DMR starts are OK but cotdayum I just want pure Slayer.

Apath

I am pretty pissed off that 90% of the Team Slayer matches I've played have been DMR STARTS. It is just not fun for me when just about every match has me being pelted by bullets, constantly, from across the map. It wouldn't be a problem if the options that came up actually offered variety but I'm finding it ends up being:
Classic Slayer
Slayer Pro/DMR
SWAT

Cannot even escape it by going to BTB because, well, almost every start is DMR by default.

Gui_PT

Net_Wrecker said:
Jesus Christ...

Team Snipers
DMR starts
Team SWAT
etc. etc. etc....

....can all do to hell. When I pick the TEAM SLAYER list, I WANT TO PLAY TEAM SLAYER. Just vanilla with AR/Pistol starts, and loadouts, period. I don't know how SWAT, or Snipers are so friggin popular but I absolutely hate them with every fiber of my being. DMR starts are OK but cotdayum I just want pure Slayer.

Does not compute

Kenak said:
I am pretty pissed off that 90% of the Team Slayer matches I've played have been DMR STARTS. It is just not fun for me when just about every match has me being pelted by bullets, constantly, from across the map. It wouldn't be a problem if the options that came up actually offered variety but I'm finding it ends up being:
Classic Slayer
Slayer Pro/DMR
SWAT

Cannot even escape it by going to BTB because, well, almost every start is DMR by default.
you mad?

theultimo

Net_Wrecker said:
Jesus Christ...

Team Snipers
DMR starts
Team SWAT
etc. etc. etc....

People want easy camping skillz. Easiest way is to do SWAT or Snipers. BGB is horrible for this, Invasion is much better. DMR starts are fine though.

Animal

Banned
Just finished the campaign in heroic. 3 moments that took several tries to get through. I'm quite proud of myself as I only played previous Halos on normal and I have played only a couple multiplayer matches.

Also add me to the list of people who didn't get awarded the "This is how we do it" achievement even though I really did. Is their something I missed or is this really a bug?

Ending story spoiler discussion:
I didn't notice any cryptic message or symbolism anywhere in the ending. I was definitely expecting something. Did I miss anything? Any big loose ends tied up?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
black_vegeta said:
Anyone know if Best Buy is still giving out the $20.00 gift cards when you go in store and buy it?
Yeah, the sale goes until Saturday.

Riptwo

Trasher said:
Question:
So I can't remember from the book. Is it at all possible that the Pillar of Autumn was docked on Reach before it jumped out of there? I can't remember if it was ever down on Reach during the book. Someone wanna refresh me?
I thought that it was already in space, ready to make a jump when the assault on Reach started. Maybe it went back while the Chief was having his Wonderful Space Adventure? Seems unlikely, but who knows?

Also, regarding Noble 6,
is there any information in any of the fiction about him/her? The "hyperlethal" designation had me wondering if there was going to be a big reveal in Reach, like maybe one of the Spartan II clones didn't malfunction, and was later used in the Spartan III program.

The Lamonster said:
How to unlock the Mark V and Mark VI helmets in the Armory?
All I want is the Mk V. But my guess is, based on the high price of the Chief's voice in Firefight, that you have to have a high rank and a ton of credits.

Anyone know anything definite here?

theultimo

Epyon MX said:
All I want is the Mk V. But my guess is, based on the high price of the Chief's voice in Firefight, that you have to have a high rank and a ton of credits.

Anyone know anything definite here?
Its a Halo Waypoint unlock if I remember right.

Gui_PT said:
Does not compute

Oh it computes. DMR starts are "ok" with me, but I still don't enjoy them as much as Classic Slayer matches which I can barely play because SWAT, and SNIPERS are mixed into the Team Slayer list. It's like Halo 3 all over again in that regard. They should make a Classic Slayer list, and a Team Slayer Party Bag list or whatever for all the other crap

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Net_Wrecker said:
Oh it computes. DMR starts are "ok" with me, but I still don't enjoy them as much as Classic Slayer matches which I can barely play because SWAT, and SNIPERS are mixed into the Team Slayer list. It's like Halo 3 all over again in that regard. They should make a Classic Slayer list, and a Team Slayer Party Bag list or whatever for all the other crap

SWAT and Snipers had their own lists in Halo 3. It will be the same given time, right now the playlists seem designed to give a good taste of a variety of various games within the playlists avenues for the game's launch.

theultimo

Dani said:
SWAT and Snipers had their own lists in Halo 3. It will be the same given time, right now the playlists seem designed to give a good taste of a variety of various games within the playlists avenues for the game's launch.
But they dont right now. Most games if they throw up that variant, pick SWAT.

Apath

spermatic cord said:
Why would you even bother replying with such an obnoxious retort? How about addressing the fact that there are play lists already catering specifically to the DMR crowd, and it doesn't need to be 2/3 of the option for every team slayer match.

theultimo

Major Williams said:
The only waypoitn unlocks have been CQB and Police helmets...

No word on Mark V or VI. Or the other 3 that aren't in the menu either.
Hmm, maybe are they going to do a Vidmaster challenge again?

I have a question (this is my first Halo game). Are the rewards in multiplayer actually practical, or just decorative? Does it have things that actually help you, like in CoD (or any kind of killstreak rewards, that kind of thing)? So far it seems like the things I'm unlocking in the Armory don't have an actual gameplay effect.

XenoRaven

theultimo said:
But they dont right now. Most games if they throw up that variant, pick SWAT.
It happens in Big Team too. I hate SWAT so much. The only problem with the anti-quitting measures is I have to play stupid gametypes that for some reason the majority of the community seems to like.

Apath

Duane Cunningham said:
I have a question (this is my first Halo game). Are the rewards in multiplayer actually practical, or just decorative? Does it have things that actually help you, like in CoD? So far it seems like the things I'm unlocking in the Armory don't have an actual gameplay effect.
Decorative -- Bungie tried to avoid pulling a COD.

Everyone plays on equal footing despite rank.

EDIT: Would be cool though if there were one play list that actually had different stats based on the armor augmentations worn.

EzLink

Banned
Kenak said:
Decorative -- Bungie tried to avoid pulling a COD.

Everyone plays on equal footing despite rank.

Yeah, I really like this approach. It keeps the gameplay balanced, but the armory upgrades are still cool enough to keep you motivated to want to unlock more

I just went 53 and 10 in Multi-Flag on Hemorrhage. 46 of those kills were with the Scorpion. I kinda think that it's overpowered for that map. They should replace it with the Wraith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom